Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codexian Saga LP

Angthoron

Arcane
Damn it, I get a job and you people make a huge leap and leave me out of pictures and stuff :butthurt:

Anyway, this "beautiful friendship" sounds disturbingly familiar to me, namely the "divide stuff in half and not worry about war" part. I fear that once we do this, the Hi'in will eventually attack anyway, when we're least prepared on top of everything. Not that we're terribly prepared now.

The so-called Coribentropp-Comolotov pact, does it tell you nothing, Codexians? I say we do not hug with the filthy xeno filth.

I have a question to the Barbarian at this point. What does Option C really entail? And would we not, if we were to go with Option A, announce to the Raumeni their Hi'in friends' intentions? I'm a bit confused with the option as such.

Preliminary A or C - depending on the Barbarian's reply.

Codexians! Don't fall prey to the lies of the telepathic aliens! They've read your minds! They know what you want! They can manipulate you any way they want!

:puts on the tin foil hat:

Turn back before it's too late!

wjw

Augur
All the mindless votes for (B) territory are quiet foolish!

Can't you see?
The Hi'in have used the unstable social structure of the Raumen to initiate a civil war. With the Hi'in as our neighbours we will ALWAYS have to be prepared for a knife in our back.

We lack social stability, last time we only saved our ass by getting a huge loan from the Bugs. Who will help us next time? The Hi'in? I don't think so.

It's in our best interest to keep the Raumen as a BUFFER-STATE, between us and any dangerous aliens. Most of the Councillors here are greedy and always want more and more, failing to see what is already given to us!

The Bugs NEVER stabbed our backs, they have given us the liberty to grow (they could have crushed us) and they offered us help when we needed it. There is no honor in betraying them or in selling them out to the Hi'in (cause that's what we are doing)

If Codexia has any honor (and balls) left, we should vote for C!

The Barbarian

Liturgist
What does Option C really entail? And would we not, if we were to go with Option A, announce to the Raumeni their Hi'in friends' intentions? I'm a bit confused with the option as such.

Option A: You and your good friends go curb-stomping in Four Suns St. This involves fighting the Four Suns, the Hin'in and any other parties that may get involved (hitherto neutral clans, for exammple), in order to force a Three-Toner victory.

Option C: You gather the clan heads together, show them what the Hin'in are up to, and hope they decide to do a little curb-stomping of their own. This is an attempt to get the clans to unite under a single, vengeful banner, and to go Hin'in hunting - a traditional Raumeni pastime.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
We've been expecting the bugs to stab us in the back for a long time too. Like they did to the Phyrries if I recall.

Then again, the enemy you know is better than the one you don't....

Now I'm on the fence between B and C.

Radisshu

Prophet
C, I SAY

NO, I do not like these psychics. They are treacherous. Once they have dealed with the Raumen, their next target will most likely be Codexia.

What's with the usual warmongers, how can you vote for B? Have you become old and tired?

Angthoron

Arcane
Going for Option C.

We already know that the Raumen and the Hin'in have battled before, likely for similar reasons. Battled for serious and real-like. Neutral clans will go to war against Hin'in if they know that it's not just a bit of backing up the friendly neighbour merchant but completely subjugating entire systems. Hell, perhaps even the traitor clans will go to war. And we can then help, either through military or economical means, and reap enormous rewards.

Say what you will, Councillors, I rather have money-grubbing spiders than telepath conquerors for Codexia's neighbours. What you pick is the path of folly and a long-term betrayal of our own people. We have a responsibility to them - do not let deceitful promise of momentary gain to cloud your judgement.

Besides, how do you expect to just get half of Raumen space? It will mean a proper full war - a war that the Hin'in will undoubtedly exploit against us. They are liars and manipulators, much worse than the Raumen even.

Heechee

Liturgist
Codexianity was offered a simple deal, several months into the negotiations: a 50/50 divide of the Raumeni territories, and the opportunity for lucrative trade and development deals down the road.

:smug:

B Lets sign the Ribbentrop-Molotov pact, and extract as much resources as possible from the new "aligned" territory before the inevitable confrontation with the Hin'in.

Luan

Educated
Decimation or at best, full-scale subjugation?
No, the Raumeni WILL ally against the Hin'in.

I vote C! May the Hin'in be annihilated by mighty Codexia and the full might of the Raumeni clans!

To war! This is noble, this is real, this is it!

Angthoron

Arcane
For the greed-driven side of the Council that wants to reap benefits and squish the Raumen - if they go to war with the knowledge we provide, they'll owe us. Not just their "freedom" but their economy as well. They'll owe us pretty much everything. And they'll weaken themselves and a strong threat that we've just learned of.

You've just met telepathic aliens. Just met them. And you're making pacts? They don't owe us anything, they have zero economic ties with us. What makes them an ally of any kind?

Heechee

Liturgist
Angthoron said:
Yeah, just like the Ribentrop side allowed to Molotov side to do...

They both did. Besides, the conflict is inevitable.

Moral finger pointing (C) would get us nowhere, since our presence in the conflict has been much more apparent (actual fleet involvement vs. material support). C will lead to a major backslash in the Codexia-Raumeni relations, and make Hin'in our enemies. We have to expand in some direction, and this is probably the best one.

Angthoron said:
if they go to war with the knowledge we provide, they'll owe us. Not just their "freedom" but their economy as well. They'll owe us pretty much everything.

You seem to forget it was us who got involved first. We are as much invaders as Hin'in. Cunning bugs are not retarded, they will remember and owe us nothing.

taplonaplo

Scholar
Do enlighten me why are you so afraid of these xenos with telepathic abilities? Most of you preach how stability and economy is all important, but you would rather risk it all to save some blue bugs that wouldn't even recognize when their end is at hand by themselves. What is this assumption of the Hin'in as devious conquerors? Having the ability to mind control? It's like the propaganda machine turned on itself already. For all i know they are opportunists much like we are (and should anyone tell me other wise, i remind your of our "incident" with the phyrries or our expanse to the "empty" region of space), and we were fools not to advantage of them.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It warms the cockles of my heart to see so many councillors willing to risk war against the four-eyed psychic hobbits, little vile runts that they are.

edit: Do we know when Hin'in interference began? Was it the spark of the Civil War? Was it after the Civil War, but before Codexia stepped in? Was it at the same time, or after Codexian intervention? This information will be important if we choose to reveal the hidden hand of the Hin'in. If, for example, they intervened before we did, or even started the whole conflict, we would be able to gain the support of the clans far more easily. But if it is seen that they intervened as a response to our actions, this will not make the clans happy, and thus option C may backfire upon us.

The Barbarian

Liturgist
Do we know when Hin'in interference began? Was it the spark of the Civil War? Was it after the Civil War, but before Codexia stepped in?

This information is not available to Codexia, with any exactitude. All you know is that the Hin'in were there, more or less, from the start of the conflict. Much like Codexia itself.

wjw

Augur
Codexia never had the intentions to subjugate the Raumen. (only a minority of the councillors did) The Hi'in however...

taplonaplo

Scholar
The Hin'in never had the intentions to subjugate the Raumen. They made a deal with several clans, which the clans chose to accept. They in fact sold their own territory. Jumping ships when the opportunity is given is another story.

Maria

Novice
Enslaving an entire species is way over the top. I want to be able to sleep at night and suggest we expose the hideous psykers! With the raumen on our side we'll be able to kick the psykers right in the nuts.

C!

Angthoron

Arcane
taplonaplo said:
The Hin'in never had the intentions to subjugate the Raumen. They made a deal with several clans, which the clans chose to accept. They in fact sold their own territory. Jumping ships when the opportunity is given is another story.

Say what, Councillor?

The Barbarian said:
On the diplomatic side of the exchange, the Hin’in position was very clearly defined; they desired control over their ‘side’ of the Raumeni domain. Their client faction had already relinquished control over strategic systems to the Hin’in Empire, which was slowly making ready to assume control in force. There was very little ambiguity or wordplay involved, the Hin’in did not mince their words or utilize double-speak. The Codexians sitting opposite them were often taken aback by their oft-brutal honesty. The bottom line they presented was that the Confederacy was finished, as a state construct.

Totally purchasing the Raumeni space with the price of high-caliber weaponry.

Edit: We have a counter for the doubters of our intent for Option C, Councillors. We have not acquired strategic positions on our "clients'" territories. Yes, we are helping. Yes, our horse is not pure white. Raumen are businesspeople, they will understand. This is fair business. What Hin'in are doing is not.

laclongquan

Arcane
What is this PIECE OF BEAR CRAP?

I got distracted by virtual reality harem simgame for a day and the vote was overturned? What part of my statement you didnt understand?

Ladies and gentlemen, I hereby declare The Barbarian under suspicion of being Hiin mindslave and will be closely investigated to look for proof of that.

Well, anyway, no use crying over spilt milk.

Letseee...

Same mindset, same tactics, but damnit they got telepathy. Too dangerous. And last time I proposed an action to show the evidences in order to provoke a Raumeni total war against Hiin the motion got dismissed. So. It means that a Great Muster of Clans And Humanity still can beat them.

Why not accept the deal you ask? Well, these filthy xenos got telepathy. Plus they are as ambitious, as smart, as ruthless as us. in fact, more dangerous than the bugs. No way, jose!

So yeah, let show these new evidences to the bugs. Let's call for a new Great Muster. Even if we fail it just mean the bugs will die. If we success it mean a great war that wreck their Confederacy, and give way for the ascendcy of Human Codexia.

The option is CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC C mindfucker!

I call for a new determination, a new ambition, a new coopreration among my fellow councillors. This is a momentous days, the day when the mighty Codexia show its mighty hyperweapon to heaven. Let's not this day end in vain. Let's not the success of mindslavers come to pass.

VOTE FOR C!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Heh. I was dead bent on voting B when I first read The Barbarians account. Then I re-read it. Read what laclongquan had written, and I must say I was swayed.

I choose option C.

The Hin'in aren't mincing words. They propose that either we make the 50/50 deal, or there will be "struggle".
Well, if that's the way they want it, let's give them that!

And let's try to get the Raumen on our side when we do that. Codexia will die in flames, if the Hin'in have managed to turn the Raumen into their puppets already. Let's hope a little exposure will prove to be the right choice in the long run.

Let's invite disaster! Woooo! :twisted: :roll:

Radisshu

Prophet
I'm glad so many people have decided to vote against the treacherous Hin'in.

Their long term plans are obvious. Couldn't they once have approached the Raumen with an offer similar to the one we are getting now? And would they approach us like this if they didn't fear us, in some way? Let's band together with the insects to eliminate this greater threat. The Raumen will turn against their potential tyrants, trust me on this.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It is true, from the point of view of the xenos, we may not be much better. But from my point of view; from the Codexian point of view, our cause is just. Our cause is RIGHT. Do not dare compare our motives with that of the Hin'in, my fellow councillors. We are the only justice in this galaxy. What the Hin'in are doing - petty manipulations aided by their parlour mind tricks - is cowardly and so very alien of them. They do not even dare commit their forces unless there is no risk of defeat, faithless, cowardly little aliens that they are.

We are better than them. We shed our blood for the Raumen. We dare to stake our own lives on what we desire. We do not hide behind the shadows and pull strings on puppets. We are Codexianity, and we are strong. Let us not fall into the mistake of acting and thinking like these foul xenos.

In truth, the Raumen need not bow to two lords. There is only one worthy master they should acknowledge. Us.

To war, my fellow councillors. It will be a glorious reckoning. First we begin by reaffirming our faithfulness to our alliance with the Three Toners. They may be greedy, sneaky jewbugs, but they are our greedy, sneaky jewbugs. Next, we crush the weak-minded fools who have thrown in their lot with the Hin'in. Of these bugs there is no salvation for them, for they have been blinded by the trickeries of the four-eyed devils. Any who get in our way shall be treated as an enemy and labelled in kind.

These Hin'in are purported to be a major player in the greater galactic scene. I ask of you, ladies and gentlemen; what could be a better scenario for our splendid debut on the galactic stage than humiliating the Hin'in? A month ago our name was barely known amongst the arms of the Milky Way. After all is said and done, they will whisper of our deeds in a hushed tone. All will know of our glory and power.

All will know of Codexia.

Codexia uber alles! Codexia ewige!

A. TAKE THEM ALL ON.

Radisshu

Prophet
We are having a difficult time handling the Raumen alone, right now. Do you think we could take on two forces at once? One step at a time, councillor. If we bite off more than we can chew, all will be lost.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Codexian warmachine is... Unstoppable.

:cool:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom