Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Biowarian Twist: ME3 Edition

Deleted member 7219

The Reapers attack Earth. Shepard travels around the galaxy, seeking to re-unite her former comrades for one final effort. After taking her time mining planets and passing loyalty missions, Shepard et al arrive at Earth to find the Reapers have already killed everybody and are using the Solar System's mass relay to travel to every other populated system in the galax.

Shepard took too long. Depressed, she contemplates killing herself, when suddenly Normandy gets a call. It is from Mordin Solus. He's invented a temporal-dimension teleporter; Shepard can go back in time to stop the Reapers before they get anywhere near Earth. Given a second chance, Shepard climbs into the time machine. There is a bright flash of light. She blinks. She finds herself in Kirkwall.

The two universes have merged.

Now, Shepard is all alone in a strange world. Templars arrest her on suspicion of her being a mage. Obviously, being a badass, she doesn't take too kindly to this and tries to break out. Big mistake. A team of religious zealots from Orlais, led by Leilana, hunt her down and make her Tranquil. But they go all the way, she isn't just a robot, she's a fucking vegetable.

In Dragon Age 3 you play the role of Shepard's nurse.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
abdwef said:
- the final battle takes place at the Citadel

- the Keepers on the Citadel will be pivotal in some way

- the element zero (eezo) and its "mass effect" will be pivotal in some way

- Shepherd is turned into a Husk halfway through the game, or slowly changes into one over the course of the game

- the Reapers were originally organic squid-like beings (the first organics?), and turned themselves into machines; that's why there's so many squid Reapers, and the whole human-reaper thing is a relatively recent idea on their part

- to permanent stop the Reapers now and for the foreseeable future, races must abandon all technology based on element zero and its "mass effect"

- the new Shepherd is a clone from the Lazarus project, or Cerberus has made a clone
All of these are actually good ideas, which means the chances of them appearing are practically zero. You'd better take your money and run.

turul

Augur
None of you mentioned the DA:O --->DA2 sort of "twist".

Here it is:

The reaper threat is still out there, and Shepard is the champion. He will be traveling with his mother at the beginning. Actually the whole game will be based on the conflict between the Krogans and the Salarians. Yeah, and your sister will be abducted by the Salarians and you can't do anything about it. At the end you gonna have a choice to have gay sex with the Illusive man or rape a reaper.

There will be some classes eliminated. Now you can only be a warrior , a mage or a rouge. Or their equalent in space age.

Project: Eternity
I used to suspect (before we heard of the stupid Cerberus turncoat thing and Reapers invading Earth) that the strange thing going on with the sun in that system where you pick up Tali might play a major role. The sun there is apparently going supernova way, way before its time, and Tali and her team were trying to find out why.

I had a notion that the mass effect used throughout the entire galaxy for absolutely everything from levitating teapots to the mass relays themselves is somehow responsible for destabilizing solar reactions, but it's only showing up now (maybe because the effect is so slow that it needs nearly a billion years to become visible). Maybe even the Reapers didn't know about this.

So, my crazy idea was that someone (Cerberus, the Quarians, the Geth or whoever) finds out why this happens and learns how to make it much quicker, basically being able to detonate entire suns. Then, Shepard could either try and lure the Reapers to empty systems and then kill them en masse by detonating that sun, or the organic races play a huge bluff where they threaten to blow up everything including themselves when Reapers try to invade a system, which might ultimately leave the entire galaxy a burning waste of exploded suns, finally ending the Reaper cycle for good.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Freelance Henchman said:
I used to suspect (before we heard of the stupid Cerberus turncoat thing and Reapers invading Earth) that the strange thing going on with the sun in that system where you pick up Tali might play a major role. The sun there is apparently going supernova way, way before its time, and Tali and her team were trying to find out why.

I had a notion that the mass effect used throughout the entire galaxy for absolutely everything from levitating teapots to the mass relays themselves is somehow responsible for destabilizing solar reactions, but it's only showing up now (maybe because the effect is so slow that it needs nearly a billion years to become visible). Maybe even the Reapers didn't know about this.

So, my crazy idea was that someone (Cerberus, the Quarians, the Geth or whoever) finds out why this happens and learns how to make it much quicker, basically being able to detonate entire suns. Then, Shepard could either try and lure the Reapers to empty systems and then kill them en masse by detonating that sun, or the organic races play a huge bluff where they threaten to blow up everything including themselves when Reapers try to invade a system, which might ultimately leave the entire galaxy a burning waste of exploded suns, finally ending the Reaper cycle for good.

That's epic and great, so... it won't happen.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Freelance Henchman said:

Sounds good, but get your sci-fi out of mah space dating sim plueahse.

Relay

Educated
Freelance Henchman said:

Bioware should hire you to make a mass effect spinoff (because it obviously won't happen for ME3).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom