Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The best Europa Universalis 3 mod?

PorkaMorka

Arcane
DSFSDGDFGDFGDFGDF

Well, DW 5.1 is still really unpolished and some core mechanics are broken, so they're working on a 5.2 beta. But it's not ready yet. They're testing a manpower reduction but it is quite unbalanced so far.

So mods are pretty much mandatory.

So I go to try Death and Taxes and it turns out that they just released a new version, 8.0 today.

However, after installing it, I learn to my disgust that it expands the timeline to 1930. This seems like a fundamentally bad idea. I guess I'll go for MEIOU instead.

So, I'm going to end up with four EU3 installations on my machine, even though I've barely gotten to play it.

Nim

Augur
Play D&T 7.7. Nobody forces you to use 8.0. And yeah, they have to add even more stupid shit instead of fixing the base. Modders :?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I tried MEIOU as Frankfurt, but that was an epic fail on the mod's side.

MANY descriptors and titles missing, graphical bugs (some events are almost black text on almost black background, wtf?). And it is impossible to change your system as a "Freie Reichsstadt", it seems. At least I tried with a decision (one with a missing title and description...) and all I got was a pretty weird event - some kind of revolt - and nothing else happened, even when that revolt was over. I don't know about other countries, but for a "Freie Reichsstadt", that mod is simply broken. And it also crashes every few years, and sometimes, background graphics disappear. Seriously, do they not test their stuff?

Did you install the hotfixes in the download page? May be causing your problem.

Yup. Even uninstalled everything and started from scratch. All the EU3 games in the right order, then 5.1 patch, then 5.2 beta patch (or not, don't quite remember if the mod required it), then the latest version and all hotfixes. And started via their launcher with all those weird stuff you have to click beforehand (map, gaphics, font, clear cache). Didn't help.

With the hotfixes, it became even worse, as now many more descriptions were missing. But that whole MEIOU installation process is a pain in the ass. They have to fix that. If you have to click all those buttons in the launcher anyway, why not do it automatically when installing the mod? If there are so many hotfixes (more than 8!!!), why not release a new version that has them included, or at least make one archive that contains all of them?
Magna Mundi was more complex and worked like a charm just by unzipping...

For me, that mod is just broken. Who knows, maybe I really did something wrong, and maybe I'll try next time I bring up EU3. But for now, MPM is fun and Frankfurt is starting kicking ass left and right oh god is it heavan.

Small question:
Does D&T improve the map with more provinces? Having played MPM, MEIOU and MM before, I can never look at the ugly, far-to-few and ahistorical vanilla provinces again...

Nim

Augur
Small question:
Does D&T improve the map with more provinces? Having played MPM, MEIOU and MM before, I can never look at the ugly, far-to-few and ahistorical vanilla provinces again...
6.0 added a new map and there are more provinces. Can't really say more as I don't care about stuff like that.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
With the hotfixes, it became even worse, as now many more descriptions were missing. But that whole MEIOU installation process is a pain in the ass. They have to fix that. If you have to click all those buttons in the launcher anyway, why not do it automatically when installing the mod? If there are so many hotfixes (more than 8!!!), why not release a new version that has them included, or at least make one archive that contains all of them?.

If you mean the buttons on the launcher, I don't think you're supposed to click ALL of them...

Anyways, I've been giving MEIOU a whirl these past days. Started out with Uesugi and unified Japan, then realized it seems the mod's not detailed any Japan events or anything yet, so I went off to conquer Korea and establish a large country in the exotic land of Siam before calling it quits.

Then I started playing with the Cuzcoans and try to assemble the Incan empire. It's 15xx and I'm still missing cores in two of the necessary provinces (out of, like, 10) but I've already crossed into Mesoamerica and subdued the native countries except for Chicamachics (while basically waiting for BB to come down). I even got a Colonist event so I managed to colonize the few provinces in between the two Americans and make one big empire of Cuzco. Anyways, bored of that.

Finally, trying to conquer England by way of being a minor country. I was kind of arrogant and started off as Connacht, unified Ireland and even got a foothold on an English province and a few Scottish ones in between their wars. This is my first time playing an island nation though, and it seems that my overseas provinces weren't giving me any support limit or reinforcement aid, so basically I had this huge army that cost 200% of normal and which accomplished nothing after conquering three enemy provinces. England eventually attacked with their OP king and a doom stack and I eventually became annexed in the Scotland-Sweden-Brenia-Denmark aggression war.

Now I'm trying it with Scotland and damn, that king is still really tough. I'm basically just scorching the land in my border provinces and letting his armies rot there for a bit before taking my 20 regiments in the *hope* that it'll beat his dilapidated 7. Had to reload a bunch of times.

Probably going to uninstall MEIOU soon, I don't like playing in mainland Europe and the rest of the game isn't too developed. That MiscMod thing looks pretty nice, though.

Luzur

Good Sir
okay, back to my question.

EU III
patches (?)
Napoleons Ambition
In Nomine
Heir to the Throne
Divine Wind

what more do i need to get the best, plain (no strange mods) EU game setup? Magna Mundi (or was that killed when the devs started their stand-alone game?)? Terra Nova?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Magna Mundi is best, IMO. But it won't work with DW.

I would go for More Provinces Mod (MPM). It adds.. well.. more provinces, duh! That means more historical ones, more nations to play, etc.
But other than that, it doesn't change too much about vanille EU3 I think.
If you want a shitload more of depth, you should try MEIOU. Maybe you can get it installed :D

With the hotfixes, it became even worse, as now many more descriptions were missing. But that whole MEIOU installation process is a pain in the ass. They have to fix that. If you have to click all those buttons in the launcher anyway, why not do it automatically when installing the mod? If there are so many hotfixes (more than 8!!!), why not release a new version that has them included, or at least make one archive that contains all of them?.

If you mean the buttons on the launcher, I don't think you're supposed to click ALL of them...
Yeah, thanks, Einstein. I guessed that much. I was doing everything according to their manual. At least I was trying and maybe failed somewhere(?).

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Yeah, thanks, Einstein. I guessed that much. I was doing everything according to their manual. At least I was trying and maybe failed somewhere(?).

No need for snark, dumbass. At least I got mine to work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom