Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The best base building RTS's

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Omg, MAX. Flashbacks. I don't know which version it was, but it specifically needed DirectX 4 or something and by having DirectX 5 (or whatever the updated version was) it was almost impossible to get it into a playing state. Much rage was had in childhood me.

odrzut

Arcane
Omg, MAX. Flashbacks. I don't know which version it was, but it specifically needed DirectX 4 or something and by having DirectX 5 (or whatever the updated version was) it was almost impossible to get it into a playing state. Much rage was had in childhood me.
DOS version works OK (crashes sometimes after very long game, but rarely). I only played demo when it was released, recently found both versions on GOG, and they work all right.

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
+1 for netstorm. It's great game. There's also fun game "StormMaster" (from early '90) that I think could be predecessor to NetStorm. Mechanics of the game is completely different, but also takes place on flying islands, and it's quite fun, too. You design flying ships from parts (and have to test-fly them), build them (there's nice economy in game - the real resources are ship parts sold between factions). http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/426/Storm Master.html

Regardig base-building I've liked the best MAX (and to lesser degree MAX2). It's not really RTS (turn-based with optional almost-RTS mode), but base building is great - you have to scout for resources, build radars and various turrets to defend your base, and every building needs to be connected to others by pipes, or it stops working.

StormMaster looks fantastic. And it's by the same guys who made Robinson's Requiem? I'm sold.

rat fish

Novice
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds

You could build walls, turrets, and siege units.
This was a great game!

Mebber

Educated
Empire Earth (2)? Loved that one in terms of building giant bases/countries.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom