Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale IV Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
IGN reacts to the announcement:

Md4WPOT.png

The other posts are all about Fallout 4 as well, since the headline called Fargo a "Fallout creator". Bodes well, doesn't it.
Remember Wasteland's 2 kickstarter video? Oh the irony :lol:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
IGN reacts to the announcement:

Md4WPOT.png

The other posts are all about Fallout 4 as well, since the headline called Fargo a "Fallout creator". Bodes well, doesn't it.
I HAVE TROUBLE IMAGINING IT AS A TURNBASED GAME!!!

:rage:

Also:

Bard%27s_Tale_Box_Cover.jpg

This says you're gonna get raped. Hard.

Review_The_Bards_Tale.jpg

This says it's a console hack-n-slash with tits and ass.

B8IbaT-CYAATrsx.jpg

This says it's gonna be FUN GAME IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!

Multi-headed Cow

All depends on what he will promise in the kickstarter, though
Man, did you even play WL2? Even if he wasn't saying he can realize his true Bard's Tale vision now because of Hearthstone you should be put off it.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Most first impressions by loyal fans:

P89sQVv.png

Might not be too late to change the setting to post-apoc.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
So any comments from Burger Becky or Michael Cranford?

That banner hint at a first-person game...

...in Unity. :dead:

To me it looks like a Facebook game banner.
But then most game artwork look like Facebook game artwork to me these days...

imweasel

Most first impressions by loyal fans:

P89sQVv.png

Might not be too late to change the setting to post-apoc.
Bard's Tale IV can only be really good if it is a Fallout 3 clone with a big budget after all.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The few people who are excited about a BT sequel on IGN and Neogaf also appear to be talking about the remake - very funny, hope the beer song comes back, hope they won't drop tablet support, great hack and slash, that sort of thing. Makes you wonder why Fargo chose to continue with the old series instead.

edit: this is what I mean:

zrcpZfx.png

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I wouldn't be so apt to jump to conclusions based on that "Heartstone" bit just yet, as unfortunate as Fargo's choice of words (or examples of his overarching design goals) might have been. He's a businessman first and foremost, fully aware of the fact your average mainstream journalist needs some kind of big name to latch onto the key principles behind the product being described. It's either that or you get little to no press coverage. Consonus esto lupis, si lupus esse cupis.

"A phase-based blobber" sounds good enough for me to get excited already, but the devil's in the detail.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The writing will make or break the game, more so than the mechanics, as those were already highly streamlined pop-a-mole in the last game.

Moderately excited about it.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
I wouldn't be so apt to jump to conclusions based on that "Heartstone" bit just yet, as unfortunate as Fargo's choice of words (or examples of his overarching design goals) might have been. He's a businessman first and foremost, fully aware of the fact your average mainstream journalist needs some kind of big name to latch onto the key principles behind the product being described. It's either that or you get little to no press coverage. Consonus esto lupis, si lupus esse cupis.

"A phase-based blobber" sounds good enough for me to get excited already, but the devil's in the detail.
I think he meant this.
Which imo. doesn't make much difference in blobbers(from turn-based system) but whatever.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well - Fargo is definitely good at telling me (at least some of) what I want to hear. Phase-based combat is unheard of since Wizardry 8, isn't it? So that's at least a strong basting of incline. Whether the rest will be decline of course remains to be seen.

Sadly BT is a franchise I don't especially care about, so I'm unlikely to spend hundreds of hours on the forum adding my input like I did with a certain other game I turned out happy with :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom