Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Banner Saga released today

funkadelik

Arcane
Terrible Whiny-Sounding Female Voice Actor: "Why are we even alive, when even the gods are dead?" (Was this written by 12-year-olds?)

funkadelik

Arcane
Holy crap this game has baaaad dialogue :lol:
That's what makes me scared to even try and play it. I'm pretty sure Banner Saga is story-heavy and therefore lots of shitty flash-animated cutscenes with terribad dialogue and derpilosophy.

Story and dialogue kind of suck (but not more than any other video game).

Gameplay is great. Should be the selling point of a computer game, but there's so many fags on this site, I'm sure many will pass on it.

bledcarrot

Educated
Terrible Whiny-Sounding Female Voice Actor: "Why are we even alive, when even the gods are dead?" (Was this written by 12-year-olds?)

Why is that bad dialogue exactly? I'm about six hours in and the story and dialogue are great, far better than usual in fact. Having heaps of fun with this.

Lerk

Learned
Combat's nice and fluid, but the game needs more enemies (dredge are so out of place imo, and they're all you fight); battle sections need more environmental stuff, it's all flat grids so far. But it's definitely on the right track. Don Bluth style visuals and the soundtrack are amazing for an indie game. Really looking forward to part two.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom