Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie That Which Rises [Grimdark fantasy x Cosmic Horror]

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Not sure how hard to make the demo. Currently there aren't late game mechanics built in, so you won't get swarmed with knightly orders or alliances, but earning gold and progressing will still be difficult. Trying to find a good medium between too tedious and too frustrating.

Difficulty will probably depend a lot on chargen backgrounds.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Backed. Not a ton of movement on it right now, but we'll see.

Yeah, I'm too busy with my own game to really help with the marketing, and these days the marketing is what sells crowdfunding. Still, got 30 days, maybe some of the rags will pick it up.

If you guys have suggestions after playing the current (very buggy demo), you can post them here and I'll forward them to the main dev.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Not a huge surprise, but TORii's kickstarter failed and now she's considering her dev career options.

It's a silly industry.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So apparently this project's not dead, but my dev partner is changing the art style again. Like for the fifth time.

:negative:

Why are women like this?

Might as well rename this Mechajammer Fantasy at this point.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
It doesn't cost a lot to buy some assets off a store, or even generate them for free. The main problem is it's a huge time sink.

I think the takeaway from the last demo is that people are interested in the game, but hated the graphics. So it's a reasonable move to change the art style again.

So apparently this project's not dead, but my dev partner is changing the art style again. Like for the fifth time.

:negative:

Why are women like this?

Might as well rename this Mechajammer Fantasy at this point.
Tell her i like the draw art style (as shown on the steam page screenshots) and no the awful daz 3d models.

Btw, not talking about the anime art style. That shit is so off putting. A more subdued, dark fantasy style seems to be in order here. But that's just one man's opinion.

I can tell you that the game is certainly interesting, but considering that it's an adult game, I think a funding first approach might not the best. Look at how Seeds of Chaos is doing it. I think there are a lot of similarities with TWR. You guys need to put something out there and start a Patreon or smth. But this requires the first impression of the game to be really good, so focus on having really appealing artwork and adult content for the first release.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'm not sure what she'll end up going with. From what she said, probably back to pixel.

But otherwise I'm pretty hands off on this project. My work is already done, and I have too much on my plate with the vampire game as is.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So currently the gameplay is kind of upper scale, where your "party" is essentially a few cohorts of troops, cultists and monsters. Battles are more like mid-scale skirmishes than the traditional 5 adventurers type deal.

But... my dev partner wants to also add a lower scale party where it's just the cult leader and their bodyguards. Where they can actually go into towns, buildings, dungeons, etc.

-me calculating the extra work that would take-

awkward-blonde.gif

But yes, I'd have to agree with her that it's very interesting and cool... if she can pull it off. Honestly, she's got a good mind for mechanics, so it might work....

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Moving back to one of the previous pixel styles.

A knight in an empty open-air market.

1689710858541.png

A warlock inside.

1689710958243.png

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
To each their own, I guess. I liked the previous style (that's still feature in the OP as being current), but since the KS got canceled, I'm not in it for anything anyway.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
To each their own, I guess. I liked the previous style (that's still feature in the OP as being current), but since the KS got canceled, I'm not in it for anything anyway.
I liked it too, but even I'll admit the number of art styles are too much. Especially the contrast between fantasy map-maker backgrounds and the rendered character tokens. We'll save the 3d rendering form for my vampire game.

With pixel everything should hopefully be more uniform.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Talked more about how the game is going to work out. We're going to preserve all the elements from the previous iteration of the game but try to make it better.

It's still like a Grand Strategy meets RPG, but I think we are going to reduce scope so we can actually make it and not spend a decade on this. There will be two separate but similar "campaigns" for a Cultist or a Crusader.

There will also be two types of combat depending on scale:

Host level: Your small army fights the enemy army, as groups of infantry, cavalry, monsters represented by tokens like in the previous demo

Personal level: You, your bodyguards and companions vs individual enemies

You cannot bring your host to any location you can't fit them in, including most towns, dungeons, etc.

In Host-level combat, you can choose to lead from the front (opening a personal-level encounter) that will have a number of benefits if you win, including reducing enemy morale/numbers, or forcing them to flee the field entirely.

The trade-off is that combat is deadly and can lead to a number of semi-permanent injuries that really impares your characters, so it's always a risk. Also, perma-death.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Here's a class selection screen.

Sprite-0107.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom