Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TES Fanbase Alienation

obediah

Erudite
Daigoji_Gai said:
The property was already run into the crapper before Bethesda got ahold of it, and based on the last two games I am optimistic, especially after suffering through that PS2 POS.

Jesus, go back and read this. Think about what it means. If you make a good game, why struggle to make a better one? Just make a complete shit game, then follow it up with a half-shit game and people will praise your improvement, even though the new game isn't as good as the original. I can imagine the quotes on the DEIII box. "Better than shitty Invisbile War (that I gave a 9.5 to btw)" - starry eyed ass-fuck reviewer

Making a fallout game better than Brotherhood of Steel isn't something you reward with a vigorous cock-sucking. Fuck, it should be a prereq to get into kindergarten.

Remember when gas prices went from 1.20 to 3.00 in a few months and then back to 2.00. Were you one of those idiots glowing about gas being cheap again, even though it was a 50% increase over 6 months ago.

Daigoji_Gai

Scholar
obediah said:
Daigoji_Gai said:
The property was already run into the crapper before Bethesda got ahold of it, and based on the last two games I am optimistic, especially after suffering through that PS2 POS.
Remember when gas prices went from 1.20 to 3.00 in a few months and then back to 2.00. Were you one of those idiots glowing about gas being cheap again, even though it was a 50% increase over 6 months ago.

God you sound like a crankerous cretin. Read your quote above now and think about it. When you've been paying a 50% increase for so long, when the prices drop and it does get cheaper again that isn't a reason to be happy?

So I'm assuming you are one of the idiots that (even though the prices increased than dropped) prefer dealing with the 50% increase? Or were you much happy when things returned to normal?

Twisted friggin logic.

As I said, the last two games is a POS and you don't have to be an idiot to want something better smart guy... or are you one of the idiots that would prefer something worse? I sure as hell don't. Will it match up to the original two games no, any fool realizes that dumb ass factoid... the principle is, the franchise turned to fucking shit, and before you start lamenting that Bethesda has the license you should play through that PS2 game... then speak to me about fears...

Nothing can be worse than that shit, and it was a travesty what it did to the franchise.

Blahblah Talks

Arbiter
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=322537

I couldn't decide where to post this. No matter how much I hear it, the unmitigated hate for haters always warms my heart.

In response to Sinder's departure, the (new and improved [sic]) TES community says:

thats the dumbest reason ever to hate something. who cares if it might be the greatest thing since sliced bread, i want to be different and feel complex. what an idiot.
I'm so tired of the [censored]ing, if people don't like it, they don't have to play.
Why the **** are you on these forums if you hate Oblivion!? Get outta' here hater!
And that's just from the first page of the thread.

Kuato

Liturgist
Daigoji_Gai said:
As I said, the last two games is a POS and you don't have to be an idiot to want something better smart guy... or are you one of the idiots that would prefer something worse? I sure as hell don't. Will it match up to the original two games no, any fool realizes that dumb ass factoid... the principle is, the franchise turned to fucking shit, and before you start lamenting that Bethesda has the license you should play through that PS2 game... then speak to me about fears...

Nothing can be worse than that shit, and it was a travesty what it did to the franchise.

The real travesty is Bethesda, if they had the ability they could come up with their own IP all on their own. Having to buy someone elses established game franchise just illustrates how weak of a developer they actually are. I would have more respect for Bethesda if they had their own ideas and could make thier own original game.

Daigoji_Gai

Scholar
Kuato said:
The real travesty is Bethesda, if they had the ability they could come up with their own IP all on their own. Having to buy someone elses established game franchise just illustrates how weak of a developer they actually are. I would have more respect for Bethesda if they had their own ideas and could make thier own original game.

Valid points my friend,
- TES was somewhat original once some time ago...

Sol Invictus

Erudite
So I've read the responses. Funny.

You know, most of you guys don't even know me but act like you do. It's pathetic. Why don't you try nurturing some of your own opinions instead of jumping on every little VD bandwagon that comes along?

Jason

chasing a bee
I have the patience of a rock, but chip at it, and it'll eventually fall apart. It's the little things that set me off. I can tolerate a lot. I can tolerate things that'll have most people flailing and screaming in anger at their monitor in a matter of seconds.

Take a buzzing insect, an annoying kid on Ventrilo, a troll on IRC, a dysfunctional speaker setting that keeps resetting every time I reboot my computer, several failed downloads, and a bad need to go to the toilet and the next thing that comes along will set me off like an explosive.

Even then, it's not much of an explosion, but it's enough to make an impact on those who know me, and surprise those who don't.

I don't know why I put up with so much shit.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
It's always a bad sign (and a shame) when dedicated fans leave gaming communities because the latest offerings' gameplay/features are so bad that even the hardcore fans can't overlook them.

Well, it's a shame. The dungeons are awesome. The rest is crap.

Hmmm, not that I am not dissapointed with a number of things, but If that's gonna be the essence of your review, we may yet have some fun fighting over it. So swing your lazy but into action, man ;)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Well, there is more to it, and there are some positive things, which is why I'm taking my time to see as much as I can before I write a review.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
Well, there is more to it, and there are some positive things, which is why I'm taking my time to see as much as I can before I write a review.

No fun then? *Grumbles*

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Daigoji_Gai said:
suibhne said:
DarkUnderlord said:
You think this is bad? Just wait for the shit-storm that will be Fallout 3.

There's no fraction of the Fallout fanbase that hasn't already been alienated by Beth.

Where have you guys been? I'm a Fallout fan and I was isolated long before Bethesda got the property. Fallout Tactics, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel for the PS2?
Where have we been? Where have you been? We were calling BoS a piece of shit long before it came out and were being told "But you haven't played it yet!!1oneone". I think most of us still haven't played it yet either.

Daigoji_Gai said:
obediah said:
Daigoji_Gai said:

God you sound like a crankerous cretin. Read your quote above now and think about it. When you've been paying a 50% increase for so long, when the prices drop and it does get cheaper again that isn't a reason to be happy?
Happy? Happy about what? Topping the last 2 Fallout titles isn't going to be hard. If that's Bethesda's goal, they should aim a little higher. It some-what misses the point though. Fallout was a certain type of game which was enjoyable which then had two action-combat sequels which nobody wanted and which nobody asked for. We're now about to have a third game which is likely going to be a first-person action shooter, if anything. Again, no-one asked for that. We just want good ol' Fallout with lots of RPG choice and consequence. If you can't deliver that, you shouldn't be trying to make a Fallout game.

Sol Invictus said:
So I've read the responses. Funny.
We've read your response and we laughed too.

Thanks for the shits and giggles.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I like to think VD jumped on my Rextum wagon of hate

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom