Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tenra Bansho Zero: AweFUCKINGsome sounding Japense RPG

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/diamondsutra/tenra-bansho-zero-an-art-and-culture-rich-rpg-from

They have almost 2 days left in their kickstarter, which has exceeded it's goal many, many times over. This K-Starter is for translation only, the game has been out in Japan for years. And it sounds fucking awesome:

The World of Tenra

The land of Tenra has been in a state of constant war for over 400 years, with no end in sight. The core of the setting of the game can be found in the larger-than-life characters who populate it:

-Mecha called "Armours" are piloted by innocent children of regional lords.
-Warriors with energy-producing gems embedded in their flesh called Samurai who have traded their humanity for the ability to spontaneously gain muscle, power and speed (think "The Incredible Hulk with a katana").
-Aloof Taoist sorcerers called Onmyoji use abacus-computer to summon and bind demonic shiki spirits to exert their will.
-Buddhist monks of three major and differing sects--there is not one single form of Buddhism, but three--vie for the hearts of the people, all with philosophies claiming to lead to salvation. Some have developed incredible hand-to-hand combat art to support the people.
-Phenomenally beautiful and cultured geisha-like Kugutsu (mannequins) are crafted from spirit-trees as pieces of art for the rich and powerful, but secretly yearn to become human.
-Shinobi strike from the shadows with incredible Ninjutsu abilities, living and dying for the service of their clans.
-Machine-human Kijin have traded in their flesh--and souls--for cold, powerful steel.
-The horned, psychic Oni are the native people of Tenra--feared and hunted by humans--who share a deep connection to the earth and each other.
-Kongohki are peerless killing robots, powered by the amnesiac spirit of a tormented soul.
-Annelidists serve as healers, and have bodies filled with symbiotic native worm-like lifeforms that protect them from harm and strike down their enemies.
-Secretive Shinto Agents control the world from the shadows with their meikyo mirror-disks, keeping nation fighting nation for a mysterious cause.

Holy fucking moley this sounds so incredible. I mean, this game has killer robots powered by a tormented soul inside it, it's got mecha piloted by little children, it's got hulk like samurai with gems and katanas, it's got shaolin kung fu monks with sekrit death techniques, it's got fucking NINJA, and ofcourse kodex favorite: Geisha.

So basically, either this will be the most shittiest game ever, or the most incredible fucking rpg of all fucking time.

I am pledging $13...enough to get me the core rulebook and the setting book PDFs. If I like 'em, I can always buy the other stuff later...

But first I need to research this a little bit...it sounds like this game might have complicated rules. I don't like anything above moderate complexity in my pnp rpgs (though ofcourse, in my younger years I preferred extremely crunchy systems with rules for everything)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom