Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Telltale Games is back

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I think I'll bite the bullet and play those games eventually, maybe after the next episode comes out. I didn't like a single character in The Expanse TV show aside from Amos and still watched the whole stupid thing to the end.

Quick mini-review.

The Expanse is awful. It's not like old Telltale ever released much of decent quality past the first season of The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us and the Borderlands thing, but this one is particularly and spectacularly bad.

Where does one begin? Awful animations, pathetic writing, the character models are nothing like their actors, everything presented is more of a non-choice than it ever was, bottom-tier voiceacting, completely unlikeable, shallow characters. And the fact that I really didn't like the show in the first place and just watched it because I'm masochistic makes this even more annoying to bear. Drummer is a horrible choice for a main character. I have so many questions for the devs I don't even know where to fucking start. For a game that's meant to be a CYOA, it doesn't do a single thing that it's meant to do right.

Screens (click to zoom in, they're 4K):

Floating around in space was ok. Exploring the ships wasn't too much of a drag.
expanse-5.png

Sadly, the skybox texture is incredibly low resolution, and once you see it, you can't unsee it. Looks to be about the same resolution as Skyrim's, for fuck's sake.
expanse-6.png

You might be wondering what you're reading. This is actually a note that a person left to himself. Even ChatGPT could write something less stupid.
expanse-4.png

Forced romance and flirting with Ms. Horseface, out of literally nowhere. No advances were ever made, and if anything, she was introduced as sort of an 'adversary'. I rejected her, but the game repeatedly urges you towards going to her room to do naughty things together.
expanse-1.png

I'm sure no one would really want to spend time with that thing... right?
expanse-2.png

:hmmm:

Neuromancer

Augur
You might be wondering what you're reading. This is actually a note that a person left to himself. Even ChatGPT could write something less stupid.
expanse-4.png
:what:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom