Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy - BG1-inspired low fantasy RPG From the ATOM TEAM - Kickstarter Live

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Played it and quit after 90 minutes because I didn't want to spoil myself... filled out the questionnaire though. This thing looks like it's going to be great. There are a few rough edges and QOL issues, but what a great slice of gaming.

I definitely felt the BG1 and general classic CRPG inspirations.

:greatjob:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atomrpg/swordhaven-iron-conspiracy/posts/4083274

COMBAT SYSTEM + FEEDBACK QUIZ​

87b20e546bce9625e2dc04dfe5c139bb_original.jpg

Hello everyone!

The last weeks were spent doing a lot of work on a wide array of tasks mainly inspired by your feedback on combat.

We have tweaked the existing encounters that seemed unfair to either your party or the enemies that were too weak. Additionally, combat abilities and weapon damage have undergone the first of many rounds of polish.

02bfc952c8578647f087cc632b2a47a9_original.gif

While our main goal right now is to eradicate all the kinks in the turn-based system, we have also started working on the Real-Time with Pause mode (RTwP).

A work in progress, this combat style already shows some promise compared to what we had prior to the launch of the campaign.

We're also designing a list of options for auto-pause to grant more control to those who prefer RTwP to TB.

b87933c9083fd5508b0b0ba063aeb0a7_original.gif

We are planning to make the use of craftable potions a legitimate fighting style for those who prefer it, so offensive potions were always a must.

Last week we began integrating a few fun examples, including an explosive that sets the environment ablaze, and throwable potions with malicious effects ranging from poison to blindness. Once the final animations are in place, these attacks should look spectacular!

475419b6566e8bc78615ac0f90072d87_original.png

Combat aside, we are also adding pictures to all the items in the game that previously didn't have them. As much as it would be easy to leave some items as simple bags, that's just not how we roll and probably not something that you want to see from us!

~~~

There is more work 'under the hood', of course, but that's all that we are ready to reveal at this point. So stay tuned for more news in the near future!

Additionally, we want to thank each and every one of you for backing Swordhaven. We are THIS close to reaching the goal, and that's all thanks to you!

By the way, you can help us even more by doing a little quiz. Please fill it if you played the demo, it’s super small, but it could nudge us in the right direction.

Swordhaven Demo (Player Feedback Form)

Stay awesome,

Yours forever,

Atom Team

Robber Baron

Savant
gif compression really gives the game le olde 90's feeling
I actually like it a lot, I wonder if there's a reshade filter for this kind of look

Jinn

Arcane
Pledged! I know you guys won't have trouble getting over that finish line, but I thought I'd throw my support in here near the end. There is no ATOM Team project I haven't bought, and there likely never will be, so I might at well get in right on the ground floor again. I will almost never give money to a kickstarter project these days, but you guys have earned my trust.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom