Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Sword of Islam is about to come down on us.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
They should make playing the Roman Empire and eastern European countries unique first... Only Duke in Constantinople was Commander of the fleet.... making capital unmovable in practice cause of all the imperial burocracy located there and penalty for leaving it for too long would be nice too.... Imperial tagmata as special kind of ''Mercs'' only for Emperor ( so far we have only Warangian guards)... all the things to show Konstantinopolis was never Frankish style feudal state.... Not before 1204 anyway.

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
This DLC/patch looks pretty nice. Not only do I get to play Jihadi Sultans, but an Empire of Britannia for my Kingdom of Ireland to create, AND more Africa. I may even do a Jihadi Sultans LP.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Finally. I know it's called Crusader Kings, but I never understood why I wasn't allowed to play any faction/principality.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Finally. I know it's called Crusader Kings, but I never understood why I wasn't allowed to play any faction/principality.

And so doesn't paradox. The biggest issue with making the whole map playable is the different mechanics; you can't really have pagans or muslims succeed in the same way christian rulers do. It makes no sense. The whole map will be playable down the road.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Anyone know how long it will be until there's a mod/expansion that offers unique pagan gameplay? I haven't been following Crusader Kings 2 for a while.

curry

Arcane
Anyone know how long it will be until there's a mod/expansion that offers unique pagan gameplay? I haven't been following Crusader Kings 2 for a while.

There are already mods for that.

Since Pagans don't really need any special mechanics, there's no point in a Pagan DLC (unless it comes with a load of other features)

Cassidy

Arcane
This DLC/patch looks pretty nice. Not only do I get to play Jihadi Sultans, but an Empire of Britannia for my Kingdom of Ireland to create, AND more Africa. I may even do a Jihadi Sultans LP.

But can you create a British Caliphate?

:M

Excellent news. Now if only Andhaira would do a Let's Play..

That could be a good idea for a "quest before unban".

Pagans don't really need any special mechanics

For one, I am yet to see a pagan united Lithuania being formed... they definitively need an overhaul so that a random Potato duchy can't instant landgrab them by the very first year. There were reasons the Christian kingdoms didn't instantly subjugate them and for Lithuania to have lasted a while as a pagan country.

curry

Arcane
For one, I am yet to see a pagan united Lithuania being formed... they definitively need an overhaul so that a random Potato duchy can't instant landgrab them by the very first year. There were reasons the Christian kingdoms didn't instantly subjugate them and for Lithuania to have lasted a while as a pagan country.

That's a matter of balancing, not a core mechanic that needs to be added, so it could be done in a patch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom