Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Supreme Ruler 2020 Coming to Paradox

Jason

chasing a bee
<strong>[ Announcement ]</strong>

<p><a href="http://www.paradoxplaza.com/" target="_blank">Paradox</a> just sent word that they'll be helping <a href="http://www.battlegoat.com/" target="_blank">Battlegoat Studios</a> bring <a href="http://www.battlegoat.com/supreme_2020.php" target="_blank">Supreme Ruler 2020</a> to the world in May 2008.</p><blockquote><p>New York, USA (August 20, 2007) &ndash; Paradox Interactive revealed today that it has signed Supreme Ruler 2020 to their publishing portfolio of 2008. Developed by BattleGoat Studios, Supreme Ruler 2020 adds many new features, building on the success of the award winning Supreme Ruler 2010.<em> </em></p><p>David Thompson, Lead Designer and Co Founder of BattleGoat Studios commented, "We're thrilled to be working with Paradox. Their reputation and their understanding of the Strategy Genre make them a perfect fit for our games."</p><p>Some of the recently revealed content for Supreme Ruler 2020 includes the use of 3D for both Map Elements and Military Units, high resolution satellite imagery, numerous gameplay options like World 'Sandbox' mode and much more. </p><p>"BattleGoat has not made all details of this next installment public yet but once revealed we are sure that the strategy gaming community will agree with our assessment that this is one of the most exciting additions to the genre in a long time, said Fredrik Wester, Executive Vice President Paradox Interactive. </p><p>The game is scheduled for release in May 2008 and media will be invited to take a sneak peak at the latest developments at the Leipzig Convention in Germany later this month. </p></blockquote>

BattleGoat

Novice
Thanks, glad you like it.

Dmitron said:
...(nice to see my home town in there..Cape Town :)

Cape Town already has it's two nuclear power plants and its pier placed.

We've actually placed all the cities on our new world map (the only map this time around) and there are over 8000 cities! We keep joking that we should release a side product of Supreme Atlas :D

If you'd like to know more about the screenshot, it is being discussed on our forum;

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 2649#52649

And of course, if you have questions, feel free to ask.

... but before you ask, no, the beta is not ready yet ;)

Shoelip

Arbiter
Somehow, I get the feeling that most people here aren't going to get that reference. :?

BattleGoat

Novice
I'm also unsure what is meant here, but we'd have a hard time going beyond 8000 cities, we'd have to start including cities in the 15-25k ppl in some places, and those cities just don't really impact the game much. The engine could handle it, it just isn't necessary.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The new screen is really nice. I didn't play the first game for too long because the screen was unreadable for me, it's great the new version will be easier on the eyes. Good luck!

kris

Arcane
Conceptually I really like the game, I am sure to check it out once it is out. Quite natural that paradox publish it, since it is so similar to their own games.

BattleGoat

Novice
We also think that Paradox is a nice fit for our title. They certainly already deal with much of our target audience.

El Dee

Scholar
Looks nice! I haven't played a world leader type strategy game for a long time, so I may have to check this one out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom