Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Supermassive Games (Until Dawn, Dark Pictures Anthology, etc)

Anyone else played their repertoire? I'll admit they're flawed, but I at least had fun (lot of their stuff is included in my PS+ subscription), especially with House of Ashes which is popcorn fun compared to the prior Dark Pictures releases---like Black Hawk Down meets Indiana Jones.

Though flawed I feel like they're the true next step up from classic Sierra-style adventure games (as opposed to David Cage titles or Telltale Games). Correct me if I'm wrong.

I tried playing The Quarry and it's so fucking awful it defies description. A non-game made by zoomers, for zoomers, with cringy third-rate forced dialogue and absurdly detestable characters. The story bits are peppered with QTEs that manage to be even worse than the ones we used to see 20 years ago. It's uncanny.

I suppose one could say the graphics are alright, but they're the definition of uncanny valley. Not even technically proficient as the game runs like crap. But I guess there are a lot of people out there who think they're very impressive, because they're retards.

David Cage games were orders of magnitude better than this shit, and that's saying something, because David Cage games are also fucking awful.

Avoid at all costs.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
The Quarry and Until Dawn were abysmal, but I didn't hate the others I played, Man of Medan, House of Ashes and some other one I forget the name of, but it was the most recent one. The HH Holmes one. It was absurd, but in a doofy horror movie way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom