Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SupCom tommorow

Annonchinil

Scholar
So far I downloaded two demos for my dual-core laptop. SupCom and CoH, I can run both of them on the lowestg settings. The diffrence is that CoH looks good while SupCom looks worse that StarCraft with the worst ground texture and a very base far off view.

Other than the graphics I found the singleplayer in CoH to be much more fun and original. The defense mission was especially memorable and the fact that the game has difficulty settings is great.

SupCom on the other hand felt akward, I once issued my units an Attack-Move to only find out that they would actually attack the piece of ground I told them too. I'll probably go back to playing the demo once I download the games manual.

Atrokkus

Erudite
You are quite an idiiot to compare CoH to SupCom, because they represent somewhat different sub-genres.

You're twice the idiot for caring about graphics, especially in a game like SupCom. I can assure you, if CoH had 1000 unit limit for each player, it would also feature much more dated graphics, because even the high-end systems wouldnt be able to handle it. I mean, every projectile's trajectory is being calculated in SupCom, and now imagine how many of those are there. It's not the graphics that pull your system down it's the physics and numbers -- that is, a huge load on CPU. Though i do agree SupCom is not very well coded it seems. However, install the new patch, there are many performance fixes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom