Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

(Suggestion) Re-bindable controls/key commands for near exclusive keyboard play for Grimoire?

LoneCabb

Barely Literate
Hello! I've been playing about 30hrs into Grimoire. I had been first brought into the blobber scene with Wizardry 7, and that became a big favorite of mine. One thing I had really appreciated in Wizardry 7 was that the vast majority of actions can be completed with just the keyboard. With enough practice, this allowed for fairly fast menu navigation for doing things both in and out of combat.

From my experience, the majority of "lost time" so to speak takes place during spell selection and inventory management. Given the complexity of said menus, I'm not sure how exactly using a series of contextual keyboard presses could be implemented to improve the user's life in game. Still, I see this keyboard oriented option as both a fun throwback to a time where a mouse cursor was not a given peripheral, and a powerful tool to potentially speed up your gameplay.

If a keyboard oriented update would not be possible with the game, perhaps re-bindable keyboard controls would be something that would be something to strive for? Or, perhaps the ability to select characters with the number keys 1-8 could be achievable to allow for keyboard assistance for certain actions?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom