Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suggestion: lulz button

I hate reddit but I think you will probably find it's the people and culture that are retarded (as well as that fucking layout). The same system on a better forum would hopefully have better results

Rpgsaurus Rex

I hate reddit but I think you will probably find it's the people and culture that are retarded (as well as that fucking layout). The same system on a better forum would hopefully have better results

But it's retarded across all reddits, covering vastly different peoples/cultures... simply because after a while most people stop caring about expressing their real opinion and only whore for "karma", or avoid controversial opinions or disagreement to not get downvoted. This place already suffers from too much "hivemind" thinking, this shit would only encourage it further.

Please don't let that happen to my beloved KKKodex, stay edgy.

:love:

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Fuck that shit! Codex should never collectively decide what post should or should not be prioritized.

My hyperactive and tardy response to storyfaggotry has just as much equal rights to Brian Fargo posting beta keys.

Or somehting I don't fucking now, as long as the lawful good, true neutral and chaotic evil rating system doesn't interfere with the regular posting and shitting, I don't mind it...

Hell what's wrong with some extra input.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Also, Dramatic Popcorn can you go fuck yourself already? You're about as clever as rectal cancer!

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes but does that stop the alerts on all your posts? :smug:

It does. All praise the powers of greasemonkey!
Oh, so does it stop RPG Watch syndrome? :smug:

zyxQZ.gif

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
this would be fine in GD, everywhere else old good brofist would be enough
I can have different icons available in different forums.

I'm open to suggestions.
What Konjad said. GD (and its concomitant subfora) is a shithole anyway, so anything that makes it even more ridiculous is nothing but incline. For the regular fora? just keep the old system.

But it's retarded across all reddits, covering vastly different peoples/cultures... simply because after a while most people stop caring about expressing their real opinion and only whore for "karma", or avoid controversial opinions or disagreement to not get downvoted. This place already suffers from too much "hivemind" thinking, this shit would only encourage it further.

Please don't let that happen to my beloved KKKodex, stay edgy.

:love:
I wouldn't know. I have read reddit only once or twice after being linked here, and if Codexers are going to "whore for karma" then you have a problem with the posters not just the posts.

I don't use this brofist crap anyway, I would just like to see it in action before I decide on that

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Jesus christ what is this shit. The forums are slow as hell for me because of those fucking smilies. I've been gone for two months and when I come back I see that everything turned to shit, what a surprise....

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The only thing this needs to become a part of the Codex mythology cycle is for somebody to make a poll, where the majority overwhelmingly rejects this newfangled popamole rating system and that DU either completely disregards or interprets in such a way that will troll EVERYONE.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
What this really needs is the ability to use more than one rating on each post.

So eg I can rate the same post both lulz and racist, if it happens to be both. Or both retarded and lr2spell if it's Volly. And so on.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Oh and the Rainbow really needs to be renamed to Gay, and October should be Jaesun week where everyone has to Rainbow each and every Jaesun post.

spectre

Arcane
Ye gods, do we really need that much shit? Makes it look as if the site is for retarded teenagers unsure of their sexuality (it kinda is, but why rub it in?)

What's the functional difference between nformative and Useful? Is it really that useful to single out "Optimistic" and "Lulz"?
Honestly, Retarded/Brofist/Useful/Prestigious and maybe Butthurt and KingComrade would give us a touch of the local flavor and would have sufficed entirely and I would rather work to still wipe one or two off the list rather than expanding it for the sake of expanding.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why do we need this feature anyway? It's OK to have a brofist, and a disagree button, but having a dozen retarded smileys is just....retarded!

Nomask Alt

Arbiter
Why do we need this feature anyway? It's OK to have a brofist, and a disagree button, but having a dozen retarded smileys is just....retarded!
I agree. This new system is crap. I hope it's only here to be tested, and that afterwards it will be discarded.

Revenant

The forums have been going downhill ever since the transition to Popamole Engine XenForo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom