Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suddenly, Dragon Age sounds okay.

Kron

Arcane
1eyedking said:
The question is, will we control that army? Or is it just another collectible quest?

Primary Objective Complete
You found 3 out of 10 militia groups! You are ready to take on the Blight. Note: you'll find them waiting for you at Blight's Gate.

New Secondary Objective
Find all 10 militia groups. Note: finding all groups will grant you a special boost.

...memories

aries202

Erudite
One of the main producers, either Dan Tudge or Mike Laidlaw said in an interview that the main plot's focus is centered around the Player Character raising an an army to go up against the Blight. When asked if we, the Grey Warden, the hero of the story, will indeed control the army, the devs. at Bioware didn't confirm - nor deny it. (as far as I can remember)

And that's probably why the game features the isometric view; to help us overlook all our military units in the endgame.

I will still object to this, even if it were an RTS game with a good story. I have no interest in playing as an elite Navy Seals, or Spectre, going around rescuing people, combatting evil that threatens the Ferelden (US?) way of life. The way the Grey Wardens are presented looks to me like a child's or young man's fantasy about how cool it would be to an elite soldier going up against all the evils of the world, saving the world (yet again) from a dangerus threat...

And why would people even listen to you, the newcomer on the block? when it comes to the Grey Wardens? I mean, you've just been recruited, and then your mission is to get support for building an army to combat the Blight? Maybe, just maybe, people would listen to one who had some more training than you, the new recruit....

dragonfk

Erudite
aries202 said:
One of the main producers, either Dan Tudge or Mike Laidlaw said in an interview that the main plot's focus is centered around the Player Character raising an an army to go up against the Blight. When asked if we, the Grey Warden, the hero of the story, will indeed control the army, the devs. at Bioware didn't confirm - nor deny it. (as far as I can remember)

Possibly they went "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, why didnt we think about it earlier, we should have done something like that rather than concentrate on books and sex scenes...".

TBH I dont think DA will feature anything resembling RTS. Tactical wargame is also out of the question seeing the trailers.

Micmu

Magister
What RTS? Of course not. The "raising the army" part is probably like NWN2 OC - if there is even one that player can control. Now mow along

Multi-headed Cow

Jim Cojones said:
Wyrmlord said:
Can you explain the difference between those options to me?
Top can give you paragon points, middle is neutral and the bottom will give renegade points. But at this point of the game you can cumulate enough points to max both intimidate and charm, which is the only thing the points are needed.
Reminds me, do you know if there's any reason to max intimidate or charm? I finally maxed intimidate on my soldier for my replay, but I wasn't sure if one point shy of full actually made a difference and unlocked new dialog options or not. Or maybe it will in Mass Effect 2. Gonna grab collars like no tomorrow.

oscar

Arcane
Kingdom Under Fire was p. fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom