Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Styx: Shards of Darkness - Styx: Master of Shadows sequel

Zombra How come you're absent from this thread? You don't play stealth games?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Zombra How come you're absent from this thread? You don't play stealth games?
Huh? Who me? I like stealth games. I never played Styx because *the art style is kinda cartoony, *I don't find goblins particularly sympathetic, *I've heard it's good but not a "must-play", *I have other games already, don't need to spend money on everything mildly interesting. If somebody wants to gift me a copy I'll try to make time for this.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Looks like they're going to make Styx 3 or something. Cyanides is looking for developers to work on a stealth game set in the universe of Of Orcs and Men. Reference to "pre-production" suggests it will be at least 2 or 3 years away.

Google translated.

http://www.cyanide-studio.com/emplois-game-design/2021/4/6/cdi-lead-level-designer-fh

Cyanide Studio is looking for a Lead Level Designer for an ambitious project under Unreal Engine 5 : an Action-Adventure game in the universe of Of Orcs and Men , to be released on PC and next-generation consoles.
Integrating the development team from pre-production, you will be part of the core-team and will be at the heart of the project's creative process.

https://www.cyanide-studio.com/emploi-admin/2021/4/12/cdicdd-producer-experimente-fh

As part of the development of an infiltration-adventure game in our universe of "Of Orcs and Men", we are looking for an Experienced Producer .

KafkaBot

Scholar
Thie first game is being sold for peanuts on GOG right now; is it worth it? I love stealth games, but everything I've heard seems to suggest the first game is rather underwhelming, while the sequel is an enormous improvement.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Thie first game is being sold for peanuts on GOG right now; is it worth it? I love stealth games, but everything I've heard seems to suggest the first game is rather underwhelming, while the sequel is an enormous improvement.

Not really. The sequel is a minor improvement, mostly when it comes to enemy and environment variety. The gameplay is virtually indentical.

Parabalus

Arcane

Not really. The sequel is a minor improvement, mostly when it comes to enemy and environment variety. The gameplay is virtually indentical.

The gameplay itself, controls and UI, is much improved though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom