Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Street Sorcery

catfood

AGAIN
Do you remeber Naked Ninja/Gareth Dou Fouche and his Scars of War project? Well, he put that one on hold, and is now working on a CCG (Collectable Card Game) for PC and Mac.

He opened a new forum section over at ITS too.

Here is a FAQ section as well.

What is Street Sorcery?
A digital collectable card game (CCG) with a modern, urban fantasy theme. Sorcerers and surpernatural entities vie for power behind the mask of everyday life.

Planned features include multiplayer and story mode.

Apparently he estimates developing time to be somewhere between 6 months and a year, though that seems very optimistic to me.

Could be good.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, I saw that over at the ITS forum. Colour me interested. I'm a bit sceptical about his estimated release timeline, but he probably has most things prepared already. If the gameplay is any good, that could be a quick way for him to earn some money and work on a more ambitious project.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
His vaporware is too good for the prestigious magazine! :violin:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I remember when he announced this, seems like he changed the initial idea for the game theme, I like it.

Destroid said:
I've always found the idea of collectible digital things a bit odd.
What pisses me off is when the companies sell booster packs and shit, but it isn't going to be the case with this game.

Destroid

Arcane
At least with M:tG you can redeem your online cards for real ones I think? Regardless, CCGs are a cancer upon tabletop gaming.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
You can redeem them... but only an entire set (4 of every card in an expansion) at a time. Though, you can also just sell cards on ebay (Or something better, dunno what people actually use), or trade them for event tickets and sell those. I would imagine the main bot vendors make a good income doing that, and theoretically if you're skilled enough you can play for free and make a fat profit of extra cards to trade/sell.

deuxhero

Arcane
So how exactly does the game play? Is it like the digital adaptions of TCGs (Run around, beat people at Children's Card Games, get boosters either as a direct reward or from their lunch money so you can beat more peopel at Children's Card Games) just with an original game, a game with card based combat (ala Baten Kaitos or Lost Kingdoms) or what?

Destroid

Arcane
deuxhero said:
So how exactly does the game play? Is it like the digital adaptions of TCGs (Run around, beat people at Children's Card Games, get boosters either as a direct reward or from their lunch money so you can beat more peopel at Children's Card Games) just with an original game, a game with card based combat (ala Baten Kaitos or Lost Kingdoms) or what?

There are non collectible card games with CCG style mechanics. Blue Moon and Dominions for example, in which all cards come in the box and decks are set. Fantasy Flight also have a range of similar games, where your purchase set decks rather than random cards and building a deck.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It says in the FAQ the game will have a single player campaign, but it's probably not an RPG where you fight with cards or something, I think it's more like a fighting game story mode:

FAQ said:
Will there be a story campaign?
Yes. I am going to build each set of cards around a storyline, which you play through to unlock cards related to that plot. I'd like to ship a couple of stories taking place in the setting with the first release, but we'll see how much time I have. They might have to wait for expansions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom