Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Street Fighter 6

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
IMG_20220607_134725.jpg

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

They toned down her body but left the thighs ultra large. Proportions look silly. She needs slightly more muscular joints.
Something about the neck/shoulder/head feels off too.

Last edited:

Vincente

Arbiter
"Aging up" in fighting games will always be retarded and come off as a last ditch effort to drum up interest.
Game has been in development since (supposedly) 1-2 years or so, what makes you think that this was a last ditch effort? They probably wanted to make a game that was set after Third Strike. And they already got a lot of positive reactions, just from the Ken leaks and game looks fluid as fuck which is nice, like a reverse-MK11.

Proportions look silly
Sadly this has been the case since SF4 imo, wish they addressed it at some point.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
"Aging up" in fighting games will always be retarded and come off as a last ditch effort to drum up interest. They're fictional characters, who gives a fuck about them getting older. When do you even put a stop to that anyways? "Oh yeah, here's Ryu with a walker. Chun-Li now fights with pepper spray to compensate for her bad hip. Guile went bald." It's goofy. SNK and KOF did it right by not giving a shit and just keeping all their characters in their prime.

Because it's interesting, and it gives characters a lot more personality, seeing them getting older, dressing differently, and developing new skills during the process. Ryu for example looking more and more like Gouken is a nice, and new take on his character, and I can't say that I, who never liked Shoto's, am not interested in actually trying him out. I personally have no problems with both takes, though I have to say, that Kyo staying young forever, and becoming even younger with KoF15's art style is pretty boring too. And of course there is no point in making characters like Shermie look even a little bit older if 90% of KoF's audience are coomers like you, who think that SF6's Chun-Li looks """"""ugly""""", because she lost her normal outfit, or her face actually looking a little bit more Chinese this time around.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Because it's interesting, and it gives characters a lot more personality,

No it doesn't, it makes them fucking old lmao. And what does this even mean for the characters that were old to begin with? Are we gonna go to the Metro City Nursing Home to learn Crane/Mantis from an infirm Gen? Is Zangief gonna risk pulling muscles and hurting himself doing an SPD? It's such a nothing development in fighting games and in the case of women fighters just gives an excuse to make them ugly/sloppy to fit the current day bullshit.

And of course there is no point in making characters like Shermie look even a little bit older if 90% of KoF's audience are coomers like you,

See now why you gotta try and make it all personal for. Nigga you really out here shamin' me for liking a bad bitch like Shermie all because I'm not down with over-the-hill Chun-Li and sharing the same enthusiasm you have of pounding grandmas.

This is how you do an older mature woman in a fighting game.

Better to be a coomer than a necrophiliac with how you like your Chun's face to look ackackackackack what what

i want to beg your pardon, i previously misnumbered the right samurai shodown, the fourth. i had no idea there had been a fifth and sixth. i wish i forgot there's been a 3d one too.

i want to beg your pardon, i previously misnumbered the right samurai shodown, the fourth. i had no idea there had been a fifth and sixth. i wish i forgot there's been a 3d one too.
There have been multiple 3D SamShos. They're all varying degrees of shit. Last one is okay I guess. I remember playing the first SamSho64 in 1997 on release at the arcade and everyone nopeing out of it and instantly going back to the SamSho 4 cabinet.

Samurai Shodown 64 (arcade on the Hyper Neo Geo 64, 1997)
Samurai Shodown 64: Warrior's Rage (also on the Hyper 64, 1998)
Samurai Shodown: Warrior's Rage (Playstation, 1999)
Samurai Shodown Sen (Arcade, Xbox 360, 2008)
Samurai Shodown (PS4, Xbone , Switch, 2019)

Vincente

Arbiter
It's such a nothing development in fighting games and in the case of women fighters just gives an excuse to make them ugly/sloppy to fit the current day bullshit.

Don't know why you're pretending with "capcom is going woke, they're trying to cash in on wokeness!" narrative as if the skins/designs in SFV weren't 60-65% coomer stuff. Juri looks even more coomer now, even.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Because it's interesting, and it gives characters a lot more personality,

No it doesn't, it makes them fucking old lmao. And what does this even mean for the characters that were old to begin with? Are we gonna go to the Metro City Nursing Home to learn Crane/Mantis from an infirm Gen? Is Zangief gonna risk pulling muscles and hurting himself doing an SPD? It's such a nothing development in fighting games and in the case of women fighters just gives an excuse to make them ugly/sloppy to fit the current day bullshit.

And of course there is no point in making characters like Shermie look even a little bit older if 90% of KoF's audience are coomers like you,

See now why you gotta try and make it all personal for. Nigga you really out here shamin' me for liking a bad bitch like Shermie all because I'm not down with over-the-hill Chun-Li and sharing the same enthusiasm you have of pounding grandmas.

This is how you do an older mature woman in a fighting game.

Better to be a coomer than a necrophiliac with how you like your Chun's face to look ackackackackack what what

First and foremost, stop exaggerating. We are of course not talking about characters going 60+, but them just becoming more mature. Something with which you obviously have a problem with when it comes to females, because it doesn't conform with your skewed view about female attractiveness, respectively that everyone who is not catering to your fetishes or looks like a 20 years old anime girl (Luong looking like 25 but the game pretending to be "old"), is an instant no go. Call me again if SF6 actually goes the MK11 route of giving every woman a man jaw and a burka, until then, try to raise your standards at least a little bit.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Don't know why you're pretending with "capcom is going woke, they're trying to cash in on wokeness!" narrative

EnJkLGzVkAA3zdf

Internal Capcom document leak btw. Ugly Chunners, Karen Cammy, hideous transsexual Italian bogmonster all just coincidence happening at the same time and launching in the same game. Guarantee the classic costumes will be DLC or some preorder bonus or else you're stuck with overworked single momma Chun-Li on her way to the market and public freakout compilation #341 Cammy.

Dunno how you plan to defend that tranny creature in the character leaks.

respectively that everyone who is not catering to your fetishes

Ye, wanting to see attractive female characters in your vidya and not a buncha' babushkas/roastloafs is a fetish now huh. Fighting game rosters are more visual than anything else, back when you'd put your quarter in you had like 15 seconds to choose your fighter and you better hope that art or sprite sells themselves to you. That's why great fighting games adhere to the tried and true tradition of, "cool or badass guys, hot ass bitches." You need that first impression to hit RIGHT. I see Chun-Li here? "Lmao did someone's wine aunt win a contest to be a character in this game?" BET.

Call me again if

Nigga I don't even got your number.

treborSux

Arcane
I mostly lost interest in the FGC and Street Fighter in general during SF5. To me SF6 looks about as uninspiring as I was would expect from Capcom.

I should probably get back into fighting games tho. Would probably pick up KOF XV or go back to Tekken 7.

Machocruz

Arcane
But gotdamn the women in KoFXV are diesel as shit.

I think Capcom shops out 3D character modeling for SF series to game design school students, like dentistry. They are consistently ass.

Melcar

Arcane
The fuck have they done to SF? Not that I bother with fighting games now anymore, but Goddamn, this is some ugly shit.

treborSux

Arcane
I have zero clue what Gootecks or Valle have been doing the last 8 years, but I'm positive Gootecks is involved in something crypto and Valle is grooming teens to come to his pad for "fight night".

I have zero clue what Gootecks or Valle have been doing the last 8 years, but I'm positive Gootecks is involved in something crypto and Valle is grooming teens to come to his pad for "fight night".
gootecks is a cool dude and isn't keen on //currenthing//, so obviously he quit the cesspool that is the "FGC". Valle still has LevelUp and does some events here and there, but from what I understand is pretty much a full-time dad nearing 45 years old. I respect him for his history.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom