Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

strange phenomenon I've noticed on the Codex

Albers

Educated
There's a strange phenomenon I've noticed on the Codex and the Internet in general, where things go from being loathed to lampooned to wink-wink-nudge-nudge "we really hate it but pretend to like it" hipsterism to full-on enjoying it without a hint of irony (ex: My Little Pony and now Anime on the Codex).

There's an influx of shit like this on the Let's Play threads. At first I was like "this is a joke, right?" and then I'd notice dozens of "moar!" responses. W.T.F?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
"we really hate it but pretend to like it" hipsterism to full-on enjoying it without a hint of irony (ex: My Little Pony and now Anime on the Codex).
Huh? There's always been some people who like anime (I also like some specific ones, though not enough to count myself an animefag). IIRC the only one who likes MLP is Konjad (well, Commie likes the 80s one, but then everyone knows the 80s were awesome).

There's an influx of shit like this on the Let's Play threads. At first I was like "this is a joke, right?" and then I'd notice dozens of "moar!" responses. W.T.F?
Wait what? MOAR is asking for more updates in the LP. It's because the LP's good. That has nothing to do with whether the game's any good.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Was about to PayPal DU $20.00 to have Albers perma-banned but then I remembered where I'd seen his avatar before and refrained.

Gamma World
:love:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I know what this thread needs:
fluttershy_at_the_gala_by_shelltoontv-d3fzoui.png

Eyeball

Arcane
Breaking news: video game message board full of dweebs who like retarded shit, full story at 11!

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't even notice the pony shit anymore ever since I put konjad on ignore. And as far as I can remember (which admittantly is only back to around late 2007 when I started browsing the Codex forums), there have always been a few codexers who liked anime. I myself went through a weeaboo phase in high school, and there are still a few anime series that I'll stick up for, but eventually I realized that like western animation, the majority is crap. Different, but still crap. That goes for JRPGs, too.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've got some news for you: they're actually pedos.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
eventually I realized that like western animation, the majority is crap. Different, but still crap. That goes for JRPGs, too.
The majority of everything is crap. It's all about being able to pick the good things without sifting through too much shit. I'm quite happy actually that I've gotten pretty good at this.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Why are you all answering a moron who does not understand that message boards are made up out of many different people with different likes and opinions?

One likes anime.
One does not like anime.
One hates anime.
One likes certain anime but dislikes others.
One doesn't even bother clicking on or commenting in anime threads.

OMG, how can the "codex" hate anime one moment and love it the next?!? Does not compute. Head explode in 3...2....1...

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
but but.. the codex is supposed to be a hivemind!?.. How can dissenting opinions be possible?

Angthoron

Arcane
Dear OP,

Nobody really likes anime or ponies here at the Codex. The only reason you see posts that seem like "liking" is because DU installed some post filters for the luls and now some specific accounts end up spamming pony, Warhammer or anime-related stuff. Watch out, behave yourself, and don't cross the line, or you'll be one of them.

~Quinn

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why are you all answering a moron who does not understand that message boards are made up out of many different people with different likes and opinions?

One likes anime.
One does not like anime.
One hates anime.

OMG, how can the "codex" hate anime one moment and love it the next?!? Does not compute. Head explode in 3...2....1...

There's a difference between having differing opinions and just being a fucking try hard 'Oooh I'm going to post Pony shit all over the Dex just for the lulz' faggot like Konjad. That shit he pulled with the "I'm a poor pony, please unban me..." was the most grotesquely pathetic thing I've ever seen...why can't he just fuck off back to the Watch?

Shannow

Waster of Time
There's a difference between having differing opinions and just being a fucking try hard 'Oooh I'm going to post Pony shit all over the Dex just for the lulz' faggot like Konjad. That shit he pulled with the "I'm a poor pony, please unban me..." was the most grotesquely pathetic thing I've ever seen...why can't he just fuck off back to the Watch?
And how does that impact the OP or what I wrote?
Do I really need to spell out:
"...and there are plain weird people/trolls who are incapable of real social interaction because of their awkwardness and use the internet as an "intellectual" toilet."
?

We're posting on the internet, ffs. That stuff should go without saying.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Sadly there are, in fact, people here that do like anime. I blame it on the failings of western animators allowing a generation of children's minds to be tainted. Where is Don Bluth when you need him?!

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

One likes anime.
One does not like anime.
One hates anime.

But I'm just a little harmless pony, please don't be mean to me :( I know I'm not perfect but please accept me with my flaws and do not beat me with a stick :( I'm sorry for everything, please be kind :( Will you hug me? Please?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Sadly there are, in fact, people here that do like anime. I blame it on the failings of western animators allowing a generation of children's minds to be tainted. Where is Don Bluth when you need him?!
As Sceptic so clearly said, the majority of everything is crap, the secret is sorting out the good stuff. You have to be a blind fool to just say "all anime are shit" and ignore the works of Hayao Miyazaki, for instance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom