Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Stellar Blade - Korean mix of DMC/Nier Automata with hot model ass

911 Jumper

Educated
‘Stellar Blade’ Is The Third Highest-Rated Game By Userscore In PS5 History
Stellar Blade is resonating with fans, with higher userscores coming in than the (still good) critic scores for the game. The game has been the center of a culture war where it was first praised for being “anti-woke” with its especially attractive lead, but now it finds itself being accused of “censoring” specific costumes by the same crowd. But it appears the positive sentiment across all players is overwhelming the negative.

In fact, Stellar Blade is now the third highest-rated game by userscore in PS5 history. Yes, it’s higher than almost every game that immediately comes to mind. Elden Ring! Baldur’s Gate 3! God of War!
The game has an 82 metascore, but the userscore puts it at a 9.1/10. And with more reviews in than many other games in the top 10. And what is that top 10? It’s probably a bit surprising on a few fronts:

Resident Evil 4: Separate Ways – 9.2
Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition – 9.2
Stellar Blade – 9.1
Astro’s Playroom – 9.0
Nioh Remastered – 9.0
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth – 9.0
The Talos Principle 2 – 9.0
Baldur’s Gate 3 – 8.9
Resident Evil 2 – 8.9
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 – 8.9
Source: Forbes

ropetight

Savant
All above being said, yeah, digital distribution, especially GaaS and consoles, is shit.
But complying to all the changes they made to the games, not GaaS, is question of laziness and convenience.
You don't have to play latest version of the game - if you are willing to not get other possible benefits.

https://af.gog.com/hc/en-us/article...version-of-the-game?product=gog&as=1649904300
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889624474

Don't know if anything like this exists on consoles, and frankly, I do not care.

koba

Barely Literate
Played this for a couple of hours and got filtered in the desert, will probably play more later but it gets boring pretty quick. Besides the slight delay in everything, the gameplay is good. Compared to the other recent Korean souls-like game, Lies of P, it's a masterpiece. But that's not saying much. Never played Nier Automata so I can't say I follow the story. The dialogue though, is very bad but that seems to be a hallmark for asian games in general. The real core of this game though, is playing dress-up with a sexy korean lady. And that is what it does best. Even censored, all discussion of this game revolves back to dress-up. I'm actually surprised there's not more female fans of this game.

911 Jumper

Educated
Yeah, reading around, and I'm also seeing people saying that the dialogue is awful and the stuff in the diaries(?) is repetitive and poorly written.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Wanting the thing you’re getting to not be censored has been the standard modus operandi of western man for a pretty long time. This thing where people think censorship is a good thing is fairly new.

The censorship is also totally bizarre anyways. There’s Skims commercials that play on regular ol’ network television throughout the day where the panty line is the same as the uncensored Holiday Rabbit costume. And those commercials have actually humans in them, here they’re getting zero hour modest over a digital cartoon character.
The average western whore wears far less on the beach than any pre-censor costume in the game. We must apparently protect the innocent eyes of the 35 year old NEET coomer lest he be corrupted. As we all know, the internet is an innocent place for children. A bit of non-nude female skin in a videogame is way too much for it.

If we're going to follow the mudslimes in dealing with filthy whores, we should do in real life and not just in irrelevant CGI fiction.

911 Jumper

Educated
Stellar Blade director says extra DLC isn't planned yet, but the developer is working on a Boss Rush mode
Stellar Blade might well be getting a 'boss rush' mode in the near future.

Shift Up's action-packed game has already seen a day one update, which debuted the New Game Plus feature, as well as several more outfits to unlock for protagonist Eve. In a new interview with Korean outlet Nate (translated via Google), Stellar Blade game director and Shift Up CEO Hyung-Tae Kim reveals that a 'Boss Challenge' mode is currently being planned for the game.

If this is anything like other boss-oriented modes we've seen from games in the past, like FromSoftware's excellent Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, it should pit Eve against merciless back-to-back boss fights. We don't currently know how many bosses this mode might potentially incorporate at once, or if it'll allow Eve a chance to heal and recuperate between encounters.

Elsewhere, Kim reveals in the interview that other DLC adds-ons and free updates for Stellar Blade haven't yet been decided upon. If this is the case, it seems to point to the Boss Challenge mode being the next DLC to arrive for Stellar Blade players before any other updates, although it's worth pointing out we don't know how far along in development the mode is.

Kim also likened Shift Up to a baseball player, saying that the developer's "DNA is throwing fastballs that gamers will like." The Stellar Blade director also added that there's a lot of diversity of games at the moment in the industry, so it's fine if there are developers that stick to throwing "straight pitches" to players, like Shift Up is seemingly doing with Stellar Blade.
Source: Games Radar

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
The average western whore wears far less on the beach than any pre-censor costume in the game. We must apparently protect the innocent eyes of the 35 year old NEET coomer lest he be corrupted. As we all know, the internet is an innocent place for children. A bit of non-nude female skin in a videogame is way too much for it.
Kids should play less videogames and go more to the beach.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
And I officially have version 1.000.000. I'd tell Songay to eat a dick but they would probaby enjoy that so I'll just wish death on them instead. Gonna enjoy some nigger hard r, bloody, titty n ass action.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Oh it's cool they give you items that enhance certain combos. Smart way of encouraging the player to actually learn the moves instead of button mashing.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
And I officially have version 1.000.000. I'd tell Songay to eat a dick but they would probaby enjoy that so I'll just wish death on them instead. Gonna enjoy some nigger hard r, bloody, titty n ass action.
So instead of suing Sony, you ended up buying the game twice.
Big brain move right there.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Ngl this game is fucking hard. I'm having trouble getting the perfect parry down, and it doesn't help that they keep introducing a new fucking enemy every 2 seconds so I'm having a difficult time memorizing attack patterns. This is Sekiro levels of hard.

911 Jumper

Educated
The official Stellar Blade account retweeted Lovecraft's Cat's favourite social media influenza (it's real – it was retweeted by the official account on 17 April)
r9nQKuvWMaSG.jpeg

DemonKing

Arcane
Ngl this game is fucking hard. I'm having trouble getting the perfect parry down, and it doesn't help that they keep introducing a new fucking enemy every 2 seconds so I'm having a difficult time memorizing attack patterns. This is Sekiro levels of hard.
Huh?

This game is a lot easier the Sekiro. There are tons of enemies that will go down with a basic charge attack before they even get a swing in and the parrying window is pretty generous (especially after you get the perk that makes it easier to pull off).

Also the bosses are pretty simple to parry/takedown in comparison.

I'm 53 and my reflexes were never great in the first place but I find the combat in this pretty easy to manage without being a cakewalk.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
The official Stellar Blade account retweeted Lovecraft's Cat's favourite social media influenza (it's real – it was retweeted by the official account on 17 April)
r9nQKuvWMaSG.jpeg
I'm not a social media fag. I have no idea who this person is. It's ironic that you do, though. Don't project your bullshit on to me.

Huh?

This game is a lot easier the Sekiro. There are tons of enemies that will go down with a basic charge attack before they even get a swing in and the parrying window is pretty generous (especially after you get the perk that makes it easier to pull off).
I'm getting better. It took me about 4 tries to kill Abbadon or whatever the thing's name is. It's been a while since I played a speedy game like this that requires quick reflexes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom