Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Stellar Blade - Korean mix of DMC/Nier Automata with hot model ass out  on April 26

911 Jumper

Educated

Some info from a French interview with the creative director and the tech director working on the game. Translation pulled from someone at Reset Era

- He says Shuhei Yoshida approached them in 2021 and after seeing the prototype they agreed on a contract.

- Sony provided full localization support, marketing, full QA testing and tool sharing from other Sony studios.

- Game was inspired by 90s anime.

- The game's scope was supposed to be really small before the Sony partnership.

- Start of the game is linear when you reach the City Xion the game opens up it will be the starting point of the narrative of the game.

- 60% of the game is full on action, 40% is reserved to the story and narrative aspects.

- Game has more than 20 boss fights from humanoid boss fights, to Shadow of Colossus-like boss fights.

- 30 outfits, accessories like glasses, multiple haircuts, none of them will change the gameplay.

Elttharion

Learned

Some info from a French interview with the creative director and the tech director working on the game. Translation pulled from someone at Reset Era

- He says Shuhei Yoshida approached them in 2021 and after seeing the prototype they agreed on a contract.

- Sony provided full localization support, marketing, full QA testing and tool sharing from other Sony studios.

- Game was inspired by 90s anime.

- The game's scope was supposed to be really small before the Sony partnership.

- Start of the game is linear when you reach the City Xion the game opens up it will be the starting point of the narrative of the game.

- 60% of the game is full on action, 40% is reserved to the story and narrative aspects.

- Game has more than 20 boss fights from humanoid boss fights, to Shadow of Colossus-like boss fights.

- 30 outfits, accessories like glasses, multiple haircuts, none of them will change the gameplay.

Major red flag here.

I am surprised Trannyera even allows discussion of this game.

911 Jumper

Educated
Red flag.
Too much devoted to story/narrative? Doesn't sound as if the story's going to take a back seat like in say Ninja Gaiden.

Major red flag here.

I am surprised Trannyera even allows discussion of this game.
A few months ago, Shift Up signed a deal to become a 2nd Party Partner PlayStation Studio. Sony's XDev is also helping with development.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Red flag.
This pinged my spidey sense too but its kinda hard to really lock it down. 70/30 sounds okay but 60/40 doesnt sound like enough game vs story. Its hard to know.

When you get to the point of 3rd playthrough of something like MGS and start skipping cutscenes you realise thats quite heavy on the narrative movie stuff but its still a good game.

Id call it a yellow flag maybe.

911 Jumper

Educated
The “modern” character action game now seems to include some kind of AI-powered option to take care of the “difficult” stuff like dodging, combos, etc. If I'm not mistaken Rise of the Ronin and FF16 have similar options.

Stellar Blade Has Support Features for Easier Combat
Game director Hyung-Tae Kim says these can be enabled "at any time", allowing less skilled players to enjoy the experience

Shift Up’s Stellar Blade is coming soon to PS5, and several new details are available following an impressive showing at the latest State of Play. The action-adventure RPG promises fast-paced action akin to NieR: Automata (which served as a “huge driving force” for the project), but for those who aren’t as skilled, there are options to make things easier.

Speaking to German website Play3, game director Hyung-Tae Kim confirmed multiple difficulty levels and that players had to “make an effort” to master the same. However, there are “other supporting features that will help you in the fights. Even if you are a lover of action games but not quite as skilled, you can still enjoy the game. That’s how we designed it.” These options can be enabled “at any time.”

The options in question haven’t been detailed, but one can assume they refer to features like automatic dodging and parrying, simple combos, reduced damage taken, and more. Time will tell, so stay tuned.

Stellar Blade launches on April 26th for PS5. The story focuses on Eve, a member of the Airborne Squad who battles the invading Naytiba to save humanity. It’s about 25 hours long or 30 to 50 hours for those seeking full completion. Technical director Dong-Gi Lee also recently confirmed three graphical modes – Performance Mode (60 FPS), Resolution Mode (4K) and Balanced.
Source: Gaming Bolt

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Okay, but which thread should be the master? And what's the game actually called? Is it "Stellar Blade" or is it Project EVE?

I so confused!

cruel

Cipher
Okay, but which thread should be the master? And what's the game actually called? Is it "Stellar Blade" or is it Project EVE?

I so confused!

Stellar Blade is the new name. Current thread can stay as the master, but works both ways. Thanks!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Ass Effect

I see nothing wrong with this.
Indeed. Nothing wrong at all.
GOOD MORNING!!
DYBVnAs.gif

Dunno why the new tomb raiders dudn't get ultra jiggle.
Ha! Imagine if that was the sun rising to setting. What a wacky world. Wonder what the moon would be.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
This is the second most preordered game right now for PS5:

https://twitter.com/StellarBlade/st...^1756004020450439678|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

It seems that Korean and Japanese developers are the only two nations left that realize that having a sexy protagonist is good for sales numbers.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk
Frabjous news! Also somebody should inform OP that the game has an official title. I thought Crispy was going to merge this with the Stellar Blade thread but apparently he fell asleep. It's what old people do I guess.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I remember when i was in Georgia trying to watch netflix and I kept falling asleep. I dunno how many times i rewound that video. One time i was like three stories after it. The miracle of technology.

Zlaja

Arcane
This thread should probably be moved to the JRPG section. All Niers / DMC sit there.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

But the game is fricking Korean. Moving it to the JRPG section would be very offensive to bug people.

Modron

Arcane
I thought it meant publically traded? So you can buy shares in the company? Someone correct me if Im a dumbass.
He is saying some message oriented retirement fund/hedgefund controlled by DEI loving boomers like Vanguard, Blackrock, State Street, Goldman Sachs, et cetera could buy into it and gain enough of a foothold to force them to take the knee.

Kefa

Literate
60% of the game is full on action, 40% is reserved to the story and narrative aspects.
The story better be good then. That’s a lot of cutscenes and dialogue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom