Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Steam is (NO LONGER) charging for mods now lmao

Alfons

Prophet
One of the modders admitted that he was contacted by valve and bethsoft months ago. It is not unreasonable to assume they've been preparing to sell out for some time
The modders? Can't really blame someone for turning their passion into a job, at least as long as they don't compromise their "artistic freedom".

When it comes to valve doing this shit, is it really that much of a surprise? They're not only a monopoly, but they have a history of taking the ideas of others. How many games did they make that didn't start out as mods? Now they're just taking it to the next level. They probably figured there's no need to make a full game out of an idea, just let the modders do all the work and cash in, simple.

zwanzig_zwoelf

I created my Steam account a couple of months back so as to redeem a free key. Up and until said two months prior i never ever had, nor used, a Steam account. At all. Even after making it, i never gave a cent to Steam. To be frank, i barely even played said free game. Apparently Pimpeam needs to be "on" in the background. Not in my PC, sorry. Not even for a 'free' product.

To all steam customers:

I do have to say that you fucktards earned this. You. Not the "other" people, who unlike you are dumb and uncultivated as all non-Codexers are by definition, no. YOU. As in you too. On an equa level. For playing it "smart" and "deep" and "above the others" but still finding no issue whatsoever with giving your money to Steam :)

Each and every fucking one of you helped bring this forward. Enjoy the outcome of your actions.
Because barring the forced eloquence and the pseudo-intellectual discourse, you really ARE like everyone else. Enough so for your behaviour to coincide in those key 'intersections' your betters are (and have been) taking advantage of.

Now go and post in Cleve's thread. Or in some tranny GD thread. Post some pics of other people's drama. Relish your superiority. And its outcome. Assuming you can even perceive it. Because judging from some famous fucktards' postings here? In this very thread? Dubious.. be it because they cannot grasp why blaming Steam and not themselves is hypocricy, or be it because they are unable to see past their emotionally induced haze in the first place..

To everyone else:

It being those very few of you that do not own a shitbox, a Steam account, or a couple of different Youtube accounts, monetised or the other kind; I feel you..solace may be found in our not ever having being a part of it. Petty a consolation, but still..
Loving the butthurt. Gaben is truly our Lord and Savior, with Steam being the shrine at which we worship.
I thank, thee, Lord Gaben, for showing us such butthurt.

I honestly have no idea what's better: the flawed non-logic and self-congratulatory wankery in this entire post, or the fact that he's so god damn bothered and butthurt about something he doesn't even fucking use.
It's like me getting into a hissy fit over EA doubling the price of The Sims 4. I don't give a shit, I'm not buying it.
Welcome to modern reality, where people usually get butthurt over something that doesn't really matter to them.

Astral Rag

Arcane
G0O2R0b.jpg

Hobo Elf

Arcane
They joked about the weeb one with big tittied anime slut daily sale and that came to pass. Will not be surprised in the least if this is what it will come down to as well.

circ

Arcane
Welcome to modern reality, where people usually get butthurt over something that doesn't really matter to them.
Really? I thought these guys were asking for another lash from gabens whip. I used to think all those meme tributes to gaben were all done for the lulz. But alas, it seems some people actually worship the guy.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
But most importantly, DarkUnderlord, why are you working so hard for the community ? Surely those ads and donations haven't made the Codex much of a lucrative activity : you need to be rewarded for your work and make this website pay-to-sign up like SomethingAwful. Infinitron , if I were you, I would start negotiating a salary because surely your newsing and modding deserves some retribution.

FYI this lemonade stand is worth 400 000, and probably earns him 25% each year.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Really? I thought these guys were asking for another lash from gabens whip. I used to think all those meme tributes to gaben were all done for the lulz. But alas, it seems some people actually worship the guy.
At least people worship an old, fat guy with normal appearance instead of some faggot singer from an 'indie rock' band with pink tattoos and pierced cock.
Though worshipping is retarded in general, but it could've been worse, you know.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I had my suspicions about Valve after they started the Steam Greenlight program. I always thought one of the ulterior motives for the company was to generate more revenue.
I think this recent development has confirmed my suspicions, at least in my mind.
Valve wants to make more money.
Even at the expense of the community's goodwill.
Fuck, I think you might be on to something here. We should so something about these companies trying to make money bullshit right now!
E3RFIF7.png

DraQ

Arcane
Feels odd to watch the modding community die like this. Sky UI too, all the major modders have jumped aboard the money-train it seems like.
Meanwhile at Requiem:
https://requiem.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewrecentblogposts.action?key=RD
:smug:

I seriously held my breath clicking that link.. I wasn't sure if they were going to or not. Thank fucking god. I can live without almost any other mod but without Requiem, Skyrim is fucking unplayable.
I'm getting even more kicks out of that when I remember some :happytrollboy:getting all butthurt when I recommended Requiem because he couldn't get it from Whore Workshop (back when there was size limit).

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
The whole "companies make money" point is a bit simplistic and reductionist, is it not? That is to say, the statement is not wrong, but it misrepresents the greater picture and completely ignores entire business approaches, e.g. corporate social responsibility, which most MNCs try to implement at least to some degree and incorporate into their business strategies. The idea that you should try increasing short-term profits at the cost of your customers' goodwill completely disregards any idea of sustainability. This is particularly the case for a company that is essentially little more than a glorified distributor with additional bells and whistles.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
It started, people. It begins. You can ask 'What are you talking about?'
End of modders. You really thinks that someone will give out something for free, if they can sold it, even for little money? Maybe one modder out of ten will stay cool.
Go on steam or nexus. See how many mods was already deleted. See how many mods are now on steam workshop. You can ask 'Why I should give a fuck, I don't use mods'. You can say same about companies or SWJ trannies that started that shit Gamergate, fucking letsplayers that suck balls and now own youtube, Nintendo rights.
But I want to remind you something.

First they came for the Youtube, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Youtuber.

Then they came with DLCs, and I did not speak out—
Because I wasn't buying them.

Then they came for the Mods, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Moder.

Then they came for me, player—
and there was no one left to speak for me.

Based on famous statement and provocative poem written by Pastor Martin Niemöller.

Last edited:

Khorne

Arbiter
You are deluded if you think Steam doesn't matter to you just because you don't have an account.
Gabe's aquarium is just like any other aquarium.
Fish inside don't care about the sea, and the fish outside don't care about the aquarium.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom