Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Steam Cards or are people actually paying money for this?

I just find it funny that someone would sit down at a computer to write about how weird it is that people would pay for something they can't touch (likely moments before firing up a game)

Cassidy

Arcane
I just find it funny that someone would sit down at a computer to write about how weird it is that people would pay for something they can't touch (likely moments before firing up a game)

Your argument doesn't make the people wasting tons of money with those cards less idiotic.

None. Just utterly stupefied that there are people, and apparantly plenty of them, who actually buy these things.

Why is it so surprising? Did you miss the horse armor ? This kind of scheme to cashgrab retards has been on since 2007 in other shapes. Earlier if you count SomethingAwful and alike.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I have pretty good luck getting foil cards which is great for my steam wallet. Not sure why people buy them, but I love selling them.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I've only ever gotten one foil card, but that was a buck and a half on the market, so I'm not complaining.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I have pretty good luck getting foil cards which is great for my steam wallet. Not sure why people buy them, but I love selling them.
Pretty sure they give unique foil-variants of badges.

Still fucking stupid, though.

Well, the foil card is the exact same card as the common one. Nothing in the art changes afik, except for like a silver or golden line/frame. I sold a foil for like $3 and I've seen rare foil cards go for much more than that in market.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
I made 10-15$ by selling cards. Some of them went for stupid amounts but most of them were sold for 0.10$. Most expensive one was the card i got for playing System Shock 2, Shodan Card or something like that. I sold that card for 4 bucks and i only played that game for 3 hours.:D

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Who gives a fuck, guys… stop pontificating and just sell them to the idiots.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I think people are welcome to spend money on whatever they please. If someone else wants to finance my game purchases for me, so be it.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Noticed that I get those 'new thingy in your inventory' notifications, looked up what they meant and pretty muuch had the Same reaction as trash had. Now i simply ignore them

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
In this thread: the Codex discovers there are people with money.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Please do tell me how you play those cards like you're playing a game.
Buying those things is like buying desktop wallpapers, pretty much.

But then again you always think you're very clever with these rebuttals. I think we should first ask what is money!

You learned to use the quote button! This is cause for celebration.

:mca::drink::excellent::kfc::flamesaw::balance::kingcomrade::avatard::patriot::dance::martini:

Speaking of clever rebuttals, you still haven't told me what is a RPG, even though this is the second or third time you make a point of mentioning that conversation where I asked you to explain how you could know for sure that there are no online RPGs, if you don't even know what a RPG consists of. I'm starting to think you are just butthurt...

You also missed the point, but that's a given

Thats a nice way to Dodge the question Ck

You mean "Please do tell me how you play those cards like you're playing a game"? I didn't say that, that was just FTR being a silly person as usual. It's been like a week since the conversation he's referencing on that last sentence and he's still taking jabs at me for pointing out he's a parrot who can't explain what his one-liners mean. :lol:

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I would not be surprised at all if down the line at some point there happens to be a CCG game made by Valve. As a matter of fact, they would be rather stupid not to it.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Guys what game can i grind to get the BEST (in $$$) cards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom