Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS - An Indie Space Adventure Game - now with CAYNE DLC

CrazyLoon

Prophet
The problem with that is that if it's an one man job, it takes a huge amount of time to produce such a high quality result.
No, that's just wrong, it doesn't. I have personally worked with, and still does, with prerendered backdrops, and this whole talk about it requiring more time and money is one big lie. Three days to set up everything on that screenshot sounds about right and completely doable, excluding render time and if there's nothing off screen.

And in no way, am I knocking him or criticising his work. I think he is absolutely brilliant and a pioneer.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
Hope this guy will join Iron Tower to participate in their future "spaceship" RPG. Vince, make it happen! Hardcore niche game with gorgeous graphic.:roll:

Machocruz

Arcane
Architects/architectural artists, like this Status dude, are serious business when it comes to visual design, provided they embrace the tools. Tron: Legacy was directed by a former architecture professor, and say what you will about the storytelling, the visual design was inspired compared to typical Hollywood fare. He also did the ComicCon teaser by himself. His new movie Oblivion looks to have some nice design work too.

A user named cat

His work really can't be praised enough, just absolutely fantastic environmental art and Stasis looks better the more I see of it. His take on Fallout also made me wish he was on the Wasteland 2 team, what a shame. Hopefully his talents won't go to waste in the future and he really gets the chance to shine like he deserves. Someone needs to put this guy's work out there for Fargo and others.

His work really can't be praised enough, just absolutely fantastic environmental art and Stasis looks better the more I see of it. His take on Fallout also made me wish he was on the Wasteland 2 team, what a shame. Hopefully his talents won't go to waste in the future and he really gets the chance to shine like he deserves. Someone needs to put this guy's work out there for Fargo and others.

He already was talking with Fargo and co bro. But they decided they don't need his services for now and the stuff he does doesn't fit with their goals. I think he said it himself somewhere. Without any bad feelings, that he feels his artistic skills can't contribute to what they are trying to do. Anyway something like this happened, don't take me literally ('cause I can't really remember). ;)

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Crew Quarters Gameplay
"Make me a double Uvula Spritzer, twist of fleck rind, and I want it hacked and whipped, not like one of those shaken or stirred sissy drinks!"

Here is a gameplay snippet from the Crew Quarters section (link below on the tube). It's quite difficult to record gameplay videos of Adventure Games when you're trying to keep the story and puzzles secret. Without showing some of the puzzles or story you're essentially just going to have a character walk around a room. I’ve tried to keep you going with the bare bones of what you can explore in these areas but rest assured that there are many, many descriptions and interactions you have with the world…This gameplay video just shows a nice quick path through the crew quarters! All of those things you want to click on - or poke at - to find out what they do - you can! Like the oozing breathing pile of red mush in the corner of the sleeping block…

There are also a couple of new things to notice in the video. The dialogue system is complete and working, with the ability to walk around and interact with objects, etc. while the dialogue is going on. Not a big thing perhaps, but still pretty cool. There WILL be voiceovers in the final game. The current game does have my voice in place of the voiceovers, but I took them out because…well, it sounds like a guy with a South African accent reading a script. Really terrible stuff!

Link is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhGStY7iD9k

kaizoku

Arcane
old news?
That one was Published on Nov 18, 2012

Anyhow, (for those who missed it) the video posted by Koplin on previous page of this thread was definitely more than worth its time.
Interesting interview and lot of game areas and interactivity/text/gameplay is shown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUUNCsQ5RfE

Pyke you're awesome!

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
For some reason I got an e-mail about this game, yet it's the first time I've heard about it.

Koplin

Educated
New screenshots:

Engineering-1.jpg

Engineering-2.jpg

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I know I’ve been rather quiet on the blog, and with regards to my emails (sorry if I haven’t replied to you if you’ve emailed me-it is coming!).
I’ve been slaving away at getting a fully playable portion of the game done for testing and display purposes. Who will actually GET to test the game, or WHERE it will be displayed are entirely different things!
REZZED.

I was invited to REZZED, and set a deadline for a playable demo of the game-but due to VISA and financial limitations, I’ve had to skip this year-but I will definitely try for next year-if not to display anything, just to experience it. But I decided to stick with the deadline of a fully playable, very large chunk of the game to be complete by that date.
EXPERIENCES.

I’ve also been going through the game, and adding what I’ve come to internally call ‘experiences’. I know…very buzz-wordy. These are small snippets of action elements in the game that are in to break up the slower periods of pure puzzle-solving-exploration-goodness.
Now these aren’t things that require quick reflexes, and sort of ‘run and gun’ elements, and you can literally pass them just by clicking on the correct areas, but I’ve found that they really add a ton to the pacing of the game. To have these small bursts of energy really makes the slower, tenser parts of the game feel much…well, tenser.
They also look pretty bad-ass in action, and while they take a LONG time to set up, for a relatively ‘small’ (in game time) reward, they really do push the game up a level in awesome. I think that these are the parts that you will really remember when thinking about the game after you finish.

CINEMATICS.
I’ve been working hard on the cinematics of the game as well, and using them to join sections of the game in some pretty cool end exciting ways. Its mostly for the ‘travelling’ sections of the game, where I want to add in something different to make you feel like you are really moving large distances. I’ve realised that a 30 second cinematic is as effective in conveying time and distance, as 3 minutes of gameplay dedicated to the same thing.

MATTE PAINTING.
This weekend, Im going to be doing some Mattes of The Groomlake for the cinematics, inspired by those amazing shots of The Event Horizon as it sinks into Neptune’s gaseous atmosphere. Ill record myself doing them, and if they come out like I’m hoping, Ill put the videos up on YouTube!
Have great weekend guys!
-Chris

Chris is ambitious guy, hope his project won't end in stasis.

That STASIS game looks awesome. I would really like to play it. And I will contribute what I can. Especially since it means the guy will possibly enter crpg territory if it's successful. Can't wait to see a crpg with that style of iso graphics and with his talent. :bounce:

Diablo169

Arcane
This is the sort of game they deserves to do well on Kickstarter. He has a game to show instead of vague ideas and concept art.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Thanks for the support guys. I know that Stasis will be awesome...Im looking forward to being able to make it awesomer!

DeepOcean

Arcane
Pyke, you got some points in questioning some moral problems about kickstarter, but your game appear to be in an advanced state, so it will no be like you are promising the heaven and risking deliver nothing, extra polish would be cool too, while voice acting and a good soundtrack are something not really required to make an adventure game good, if you pretend to do it, it is better to be good voice over and an awesome sound track on a horror game can make a huge difference and that will cost money. What I'm trying to say is: Goddamit! Allow us to buy your game already and start working on that isometric 2D RPG project you were thinking before!:mad:

Stasis is a horror sci-fi isometric adventure game. Just what I need. :bounce: I'm thinking it will have awesome atmosphere, like Sanitarium had. I loved that game for the great atmosphere.

Pyke try to think and invest brainpower to the kickstarter, it will help immensely. I'm sure there are guys here that would help you with research and that are knowledgeable what works and what doesn't. A lot of half-assed KS fail. And it better not to even go on KS than to go half-assed. Good luck, I'll give you what I can.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Stasis is a horror sci-fi isometric adventure game. Just what I need. :bounce: I'm thinking it will have awesome atmosphere, like Sanitarium had. I loved that game for the great atmosphere.

Pyke try to think and invest brainpower to the kickstarter, it will help immensely. I'm sure there are guys here that would help you with research and that are knowledgeable what works and what doesn't. A lot of half-assed KS fail. And it better not to even go on KS than to go half-assed. Good luck, I'll give you what I can.

This, I would hate to see this kickstarter to fail. Pike, get information with people that already made one KS, don't do a half assed campaign (Look to Massive Chalice to know what not do.) or would be a quick road to failure because in this day and age people are alot more exigent. Do some hyping before starting the campaign so people know about your campaign, make a pitch video more focused in selling an experience, how the player will feel while playing the game than just citing features like you were reading a shopping list. Make more in-depth updates with a little story background to generate interest. Make stretch goals with juicy features to attract pledges.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom