Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS - An Indie Space Adventure Game - now with CAYNE DLC

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
I know you guys like the isometrics, so here is a take I did on where I would love to see Commandos go.

nw9hrMO.jpg

Last edited:

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Getting all of the achievements is impressive...I constantly miss out on the plasma cutter suicide, and the acid glove one.

Thanks Pyke. I do have the game on GOG but didn't see any achievements listed? Will the achievements be on GOG Galaxy?

In the interim, I played it on Steam instead.

ENqURbq.jpg

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
didn't see that coming. I thought BoUT 2 would have won

You and me both! I was expecting Technobabylon to get GOTY. Gotta say I'm incredibly flattered - especially with the amazing adventure games that came out in 2015.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Getting all of the achievements is impressive...I constantly miss out on the plasma cutter suicide, and the acid glove one.

Thanks Pyke. I do have the game on GOG but didn't see any achievements listed? Will the achievements be on GOG Galaxy?

In the interim, I played it on Steam instead.

ENqURbq.jpg

We dont have plans for Galaxy integration right now - but when we do the Linux version Ill contact GOG and see how we can bring galaxy in.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer

lightbane

Arcane
Looks impressive indeed. However, hopefully this DLC will have an ending with more substance "rocks fall, everyone dies/the ship is destroyed and all of your efforts were for naught lel". :rpgcodex:

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
I like downer endings!
The ending to the DLC is probably one of the most disturbing things I think Ill ever do. Like its so fucked up that Nic and I actually wrote it out at one point because I thought we had gone too far.

agris

Arcane
Patron
A look at some of the tech we are using in the DLC for Stasis - CAYNE.

That that was a neat video, thanks. In terms of constructive criticism, the character walking on the map had some ice-skating / floating issues when moving.

Also,

hfgzw57.jpg

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Just got back from GDC - and met a lot of awesome people that are gonna be making a lot of cool adventure games!

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Like who and what cool adventure games? ;-)

On a related note: Who gave you permission to be SOCIAL with people?

Get back to making my Cayne DLC! Or you'll get the whip!

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Met Dave Gilbert and had a good chat on his new project. It looks amazing, and he is being VERY ambitious with the game design. I think he posted some stuff on his Facebook group about it.
Ron Gilbert was fun. He is pretty much exactly as he is in videos.
I got a tour of the DoubleFine offices and met some of the Broken Age team - and got to chat with Tim for a bit. He is also pretty much exactly as he is in videos and interviews. Very funny and welcoming.

Brian Fargo was actually at the same hotel as us, so we had breakfast together while we were there. Spoke about our collective upcoming projects and ideas - and even about the codex. Also met up with some of the other InXile leads. And spoke lots about movies, books, comics, games, etc.

As for the rest - a lot of it was meetings with publishers (Daedelic showed us their upcoming games - that company is a machine!) and people who are working with us on things that we havent actually met before.

The Adventure Party was fun - too many people to even remember! I made notes - Im gonna do a blog post on GDC when I get over this jet lag.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
Hats off and salute to a great game!:salute:

On sick leave since yesterday so had time on my hands, and began playing this and finished it just now. I really enjoyed it, especially the atmosphere and all the small homages to sci-fi movies and games littered throughout the world (Carter Burke!). I could solve almost all puzzles, but some really had me think and look for hints on-line. None of the solutions to them seemed overblown or stupid, but rather made me go "why didn't I figure that out sooner?" which is of course is a good thing.

Voice acting was really good, sound effects were great and so was the overall art design. The areas were also nicely designed in terms of progression, there was always something new to see and it never got boring.

Some of the scenes were quite grizzly but also highly entertaining - so don't hold back on the gore when writing DLCs or sequels! If someone doesn't like it, they don't have to play it. :cool:

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Some of the scenes were quite grizzly but also highly entertaining - so don't hold back on the gore when writing DLCs or sequels! If someone doesn't like it, they don't have to play it. :cool:

Oh you don't have to worry about that! Glad you enjoyed it!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom