Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS 2: BONE TOTEM - new isometric adventure in Stasis universe set in deep sea installation

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Desolation covered its budget, and fully funded Bone Totem - so from the POV of a tiny studio like ours it was a success!
Its hard not want/hope for one of those smash-hit-retire-young sorta games, but we know that we make strange games in a small niche.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In chapter 2

in the vents, the blooming corpse has a protuding bone right on hia crotch that he looks like he's having a boner. Despite the seriousness of the situation i couldn't help but laugh lol.

Neuromancer

Augur
Both have advantages. Steams audience is bigger - so if you're planning on dropping a review, Steam is really good for us. But GOG definitely gives you a good deal, and they are just an awesome group of people. There isn't really a preference from out side!
Just bought it on GOG. :cool:

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pyke, fess up. You were thinking of codex
and :mhd:
nxA4Yvd.jpg

Also,
turning off stasis pods really struck a chord, especially that it was poor Moses who had to do it. Love the QR code easter eggs!

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Also,
turning off stasis pods really struck a chord, especially that it was poor Moses who had to do it. Love the QR code easter eggs!
That was a later addition. It was Jack who came up with the 'these are in pain' line - and man... it did hit harder than I expected!

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Look at me! 40.000 leagues under the sea, in an unstable, leaking complex full with body horrors and ancient mind fuckery and I'm searching every nook&crany for blood VHS cassettes! Gotto find'em all I guess but I only have a BETA player...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pyke Well, this release got zero press coverage and unlike with Desolation, you don't seem to mind it much either.

Would it be accurate to say that at this point making these games is more like what you do for fun in between doing contract work for other studios?

Last edited:

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
The games is still our main source of income and focus, but we do have contract work and some other income sources to keep us going. And yeah - it is quite... frustrating that we got no press coverage - even in some of the places that were almost a guarantee. Maybe the games we make are too niche even for the niche websites?

But I know that our games are a slow burn with a long tail. Our games sell fairly consistently and dont really have as steep a drop off as other games. I think that the game is a lot bigger than some of the outlets thought - so their reviews are probably going to come out over the next week or so.

But the word of mouth has been very good - and I believe that we made an excellent game that will find its audience.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The games is still our main source of income and focus, but we do have contract work and some other income sources to keep us going. And yeah - it is quite... frustrating that we got no press coverage - even in some of the places that were almost a guarantee. Maybe the games we make are too niche even for the niche websites?

But I know that our games are a slow burn with a long tail. Our games sell fairly consistently and dont really have as steep a drop off as other games. I think that the game is a lot bigger than some of the outlets thought - so their reviews are probably going to come out over the next week or so.

But the word of mouth has been very good - and I believe that we made an excellent game that will find its audience.
We'll make sure all die naaiers buy it. I'll poesklap them until they do

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I wonder what changed. It's not that they are allergic to indies. Maybe they have a quota since System Shock remaster seem to get a lot of attention. Only one sci-fi indie horror game per week :)

BruceVC

Magister

Well done on the release of this game, in my 20 years of active gaming your studio is the only South African one that has released games that people talk about. I bought STASIS years ago but its still on my large unplayed list of games but I will be buying STASIS 2

I always support good South African products :salute:

lightbane

Arcane
Alpha Beta Gamer, the Youtube channel who's all about indie games (mostly horror-themed ones) made a full longplay of your game, so that's some free exposure:

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Would it be accurate to say that at this point making these games is more like what you do for fun in between doing contract work for other studios?
This is insulting to say the least.

For Infinitron everything is about exposition, like a good thot that he is.

If you worry so much about press coverage go ahead and post about it in the front page, instead of those countless Trannyhammer news.

lcba.jpg

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
If anyone wants an official 'RPGCodex review' - I'm happy to provide a key. :D Anything for that sweet front page goodness.

lightbane

Arcane
Sadly Infinietron only covers games that few here like, not actually good games, nevermind non-RPGs. Perhaps Darth Roxor will provide?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Bonus if the reviewer has beaten day of the tentacle, given the 3 protagonist setup in Bone Totem

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Man, I think I'm really nearing the end
I'm at the troglodyte village where "Mother"s are feeding their spawns.

Pyke How close and/or precise we have to be with the VHS? Can't believe I missed that much and I tried step on everywhere I could.

Also I'm loving the story, being a huge archeology and sci-fi nerd, seeing them melding together like this, makes me really happy.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
If anyone wants an official 'RPGCodex review' - I'm happy to provide a key. :D Anything for that sweet front page goodness.
Unfortunately Infinitron doesn't do the whole "good games are on the front page" thing. He only puts shit on the front page and stuff he shills for from the cunts at Larian and Obsidian.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
The VHS's are just super well hidden. They are inside little 'nooks' in the levels - Honestly I think I even missed one or two of em!
You don't have to be 'too' close to them - but you have to be inside the little hook that they are in. They are almost all on the edges of the navmesh - so if you check the borders you should find em!

There is 1 tricky 1 - it can only be collected by Charlie:
When the diving bell falls down, and Mac is holding open the door.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
So I finished in 12,6 hours and found only half of the VHS.GRRRRRRRRRRR

Liked the ending overall. Came for graphics, mood and puzzles but stayed for the story. I think you did a good job in general, especially with the characters. I want my own personel
Calaban

Also got 2 minor questions about an item and an achievement

Russian dagger was in my inventory at the end, the only thing remaining. My OCD was huge! Did I miss something not on the main path??

After the credits saw Moses (Cayne, I love that furball) washed up to shore, still "kicking". Then ending achievement told me that I saved Moses, was there a way to abondon him there? Because some players that finished the game don't have that achievement

I got some problems with the sound, it was too loud if I maxed anything in games options, so had to tune'em down to 7 at most.
I wanted to be able to zoom in a bit more to watch some details (certainly not the "boobies"...)
I think some areas and vidoes are a bit visually "crowded"? There were lots of things going on at the same time and it was easy to miss things. Like 10 damn VHSs!:argh:

Edit: Also missed a death achievement, the second one! :argh:

Last edited:

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
So I finished in 12,6 hours and found only half of the VHS.GRRRRRRRRRRR

Liked the ending overall. Came for graphics, mood and puzzles but stayed for the story. I think you did a good job in general, especially with the characters. I want my own personel
Calaban

Also got 2 minor questions about an item and an achievement

Russian dagger was in my inventory at the end, the only thing remaining. My OCD was huge! Did I missed something not on the main path??

After the credits saw Moses (Cayne, I love that furball) washed up to shore, still "kicking". Then ending achievement told me that I saved Moses, was there a way to abondon him there? Because some players that finished the game don't have that achievement

I got some problems with the sound, it was too loud if I maxed anything in games options, so had to tune'em down to 7 at most.
I wanted to be able to zoom in a bit more to watch some details (certainly not the "boobies"...)
I think some areas and vidoes are a bit visually "crowded"? There were lots of things going on at the same time and it was easy to miss things. Like 10 damn VHSs!:argh:

Edit: Also missed a death achievement, the second one! :argh:

So there is a funny thing with the dagger! Originally, the dagger was used in the Charlie surgery thing, where Mac has to spike the parasites and cut them out of her using the dagger. But we just couldnt get it to work nicely. So the dagger just stayed in the inventory.

The way to avoid that achievement is to skip the credits altogether. It's to reward the people who watch Marvel movies. :D

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Finished the game, little bit over 11h. What an amazing thing! Though I'm quite mad at you Pyke for
treating Moses the way you did. at least it looks like he has kind happy ending given post-credits scene and achievement. Still, to make the purest, most un-selfish character so far seen in Stasis game to suffer so much is just terrible.

A bug I spotted, might be me, might be the game
i6DqRuj.png

You know where it's from. You monster.

I very thoroughly enjoyed the game, the emotional rollercoaster, writing, graphics, sounds, music, even voice acting (and I usually dislike audio in games so much I play without sound). Left a review on steam, hope it helps a little bit with visibility. Really hope to see more games from The Brotherhood!

I do have some complaints though:
999.553 atm means roughly 10km depth, as it's ~1atm per every 10m of water above you. Yet depth on MULE interface is listed as 7135m. So why the 999.553 number? 713.553 would be just as good for puzzle. And I admire your geographical effort
KzBkmuf.png
. Off the coast of Chile, on such big shelf, nice :)
Other stuff about pressure is more "dynamic". It looks like the grenade is RGD-5. Fatality radius 3m, injury 25m. No way Charlie's diving suit would remain intact after an explosion in 5m diameter room, with grenade less than 2.5m from her. Not to mention the onrush of ~700 atmospheres of water and subsequent nuke. Even if it went off while she was at the surface (doesn't look like that from the cinematic), she would still be in trouble of that sonic wave. I don't know how much in trouble, but intuition tells me a nuke going off is very, very loud, and sound carries in water very well. I found this paper but I'm not nerdy enough to actually go through it and calculate how much trouble she is.
Primitive tech/organics being able to contain ~700atm pressure differential doesn't seem possible either.
This is of course stuff that most people will not notice or care about.
Why does the heli at the end have it's gear lowered? It's above water, clearly has floats, why lower gear?

Now, go and make that Crusader-like with your quality graphics and story ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom