Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

starpoint gemini

muffildy

Educated
So i just found out about this game, anyone playing it?
I found a thread that was whining about it using no z -axis, but to me unless its a flight sim like wing commander then i can do without it.
I played the hell out of space rangers 1 & 2, would anyone say its better or atleast as good?

muffildy

Educated
yea

yea i read that thread already as i stated.
I was hoping some people might have played through it a lot more to get a bit more a depth analysis.

Soo bored so i decided to buy it; so far its not that good.
Would be nice if i could stop the camera from focusing on the targeted object though - really annoying.
Any mods to make the trading faster? seems to be quite a cumbersome interface where you got to click a lot to see what you can buy/sell for.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
I nearly cried during the tutorial. Everyone was right. :(

It seems most of the guys in the official forum are d'accord hating the trade system and keep on ignoring it.

Monocause

Arcane
SR is an example of how indies can fuck up big time.

- Useless implementation of 3D? But every game nowadays is 3D! Let's make the game a pain in the arse to play with poor graphics rather than making an elegant 2D interface, even if the game is in fact 2D under the hood.

- All the modern games are VA'd so we'll voice our dialogue too! Too bad that nobody on the team can speak English. It makes you want to ragequit when you hear it but hey, it's VA'd!

I played the game for some two hours and uninstalled. Even with the latest patch it's buggy, it's clunky and has cringeworthy AAA game(!) features which actually detract from the experience - and not enough innovativeness to cover up for it. Seems to me that the dev team just took a bigger bite than they could chew and it shows.

Monocause

Arcane
Are you talking about heuristics developed to make quick probability-based assumptions about indie games or developed to make probability-based assumptions about my posts?

DraQ

Arcane
Monocause said:
Are you talking about heuristics developed to make quick probability-based assumptions about indie games or developed to make probability-based assumptions about my posts?
About games in general.

You don't really need much info to determine if game is shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom