Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Starfield - Reviews, Bethesda Slander, Todd Howard's Sweet, Sweet Lies, and more

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I largely agree with these reviews, my partner has been playing Garfield on the TV for the last few days on their XBOX and it's just really boring to watch.
:hmmm:

Someone is keeping themselves anonymous online. Quick, assume the worst!

RPGCodex really is a cesspool.
So, are you gay or a woman? Either way: Opinion discarded.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Played 60 hours in starfield so far. Pretty good. I'd give it like a 7.5 to 8/10. Like, it's a good game, not revolutionary or anything though. If you like bethesda's previous titles you may like it. Or if you liked Death Stranding, I'd give it a go. I got a lot of Death Stranding vibes from the game while playing and that's one of my favorite games, so ended up liking this one.
Didn't run into many bugs or issues other than the occasional CTD when fast traveling. The story is okay, and the companion quests so far are pretty good. I've enjoyed my time with it.

Ancient76

Literate
I can only hope that this game's failure is a wake up call and that the future will see some positive changes.
Sadly, that's never going to happen. Your review is written from a level-headed point of view, from a gamer's point of view, it's based on previous experience and expectations built from those experiences, the way it should be.

This is Microsoft's/Bethesda's point of view:

It's a validation of their work, and green light to continue with this kind of design. Codex should just forget about Bethesda and move on.

These are players, not owners of the game! Game pass and shit!
You can play the game for 10€!

Vyvian

Educated
It's pretty telling we haven't heard a peep about actual sales.
Does Microsoft even consider sales a metric of success anymore with Gamepass?

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
>Round butt Sarah
He could have widened her hips some more ffs.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I take it this Brit dude isn’t part of the Todd fan club anymore?

Will he continue to play it? Will he mod out that shit?

And a big fuck you to Nexus as well I guess:

Jesus fucking Christ the wokeness agenda shit in our world. Fucking pride flags in muh spiderman? Fuck that. You damn right I want American Flags replacing that alphabetfaggotbsoup shit.

AMERICA FUCK YEAH!

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Wasteland is the original.

Well unless you want to count inspiration:
He added that the setting was inspired by his love for Mad Max 2 and post-apocalyptic fiction.While searching for a gameplay system for their new game, they came across the system of Mercenaries, Spies and Private Eyes.: 200–201  Its author Michael Stackpole was announced as the writer for Wasteland in 1987.

The original plot was supposed to be similar to Red Dawn, with Russians occupying the United States and fighting against Americans engaged in liberating their nation. St. Andre eventually decided to change this and pitched a new story involving killer robots wanting to wipe out and replace humanity, calling it a sort of cross between The Terminator and Daffy Duck, with Fargo accepting this new storyline. The game's location was chosen due to St. Andre's familiarity with the area and ability to ensure the locations of real-world places were accurate in the game.
<a very ducky terminator>
Quack…. Quack quack quack quack quack

Quack quack quack quack quack

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK.

BATH203-terminator-rubber-duck%20(4).JPG

IMG_0066.webp

Last edited:

Aemar

Arcane
Talking about a game like Starfield that needs 125 GB storage space in this day and age (alongside other games as well), while Morrowind needed only like 1 GB. The 'unofficial' disk version of Morrowind that I used around the time of the original release to install the game from had less than 500 MB.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Talking about a game like Starfield that needs 125 GB storage space in this day and age (alongside other games as well), while Morrowind needed only like 1 GB. The 'unofficial' disk version of Morrowind that I used around the time of the original release to install the game had less than 500 MB.
Pajeet-made textures and polygon count go brrrr.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Todd should have never pulled out and used The Sword of Woke. Now……. It is beyond too late. (He probably had it in his possession for a bit now…)

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
All the hype and THIS is what one gets. It feels like he/They/TODD (HA Todd pronoun) just doesn’t even care anymore.

Hellraiser

Arcane
All the hype and THIS is what one gets. It feels like he/They/TODD (HA Todd pronoun) just doesn’t even care anymore.
No, their programmers, writers and designer are at best amateurs at worst hacks, so the second they tried something more ambitious and different, they hit walls and made dumb compromises to move the project forward rather than either axe it or get competent people to help them out.

It's a "the emperor is naked" moment due to the lack of the open world hiking sim and "break into any house" features, kind of like with CDP where they didn't do the one damn thing they were good at (quest branching/writing) with Cyberpunk and suddenly people started noticing all the other shit already present in Twitcher 3 like crappy skill tree design, crappy item design (made worse by the looter shooter approach), crappy exploration/open world (lol map markers, and again shitty itemization leading to shitty rewards).

Last edited:

xuerebx

Erudite
Man, I usually enjoy Beth's games one way or another (i.e. highly modded Skyrim/FO, and unadultered Morrowind but I still played it modded after my first run)...but this game is not appealing at all.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Starfield Review: A Galactic Letdown - DSO Gaming

Nick McCaskey said:
Here we are five months after the release of Starfield, but I just finished my review. This delay is because Starfield has been a significant slog to get through. Simply put, over my 100+ hours, there have been a handful of excellent moments mixed with a whole universe saturated by shallow and bland content. If you can’t tell already, this review isn’t going to be very favorable. Let’s begin the examination of what I dub ‘a galactic letdown.’

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Man, I usually enjoy Beth's games one way or another (i.e. highly modded Skyrim/FO, and unadultered Morrowind but I still played it modded after my first run)...but this game is not appealing at all.
For me, all I needed to see was that nightclub with the guys wearing the dorky alien suits.

Ah necro'd I see.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom