Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
What the fuck. Trees are still growing in my fucking base even though I build walls and shit! That's some bullshit!
Starfield-9-3-2023-3-07-52-PM.png
todd-howard-it-just-works.gif

Modron

Arcane
The problem is now why Starfield is in such a sorry state, the problem is that we are looking at what The Elder Scrolls VI will look and play like.
Oh come on you know they can and will do a lot worse when TESVI comes out in 6 years. Decline has no limits.

Mojobeard

Augur
The problem is now why Starfield is in such a sorry state, the problem is that we are looking at what The Elder Scrolls VI will look and play like.
Right, because it's going to be in Hammerfell.
They got the games mixed up and added all the Redguards to this game.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Right, because it's going to be in Hammerfell.
They got the games mixed up and added all the Redguards to this game.
Skyrim redguards are ages ahead of Starfield abominations and look just like authenic desert dwellers should look. They are not ugly AI-generated freaks
redguard-1536x864.jpg
19360-4-1340587140.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane
why are you guys staying in New Atlantis all the time? Go out there and explore, the niggers are only the the city for some reason.

It's a valid criticsm but overblown by people who don't play the game.
So new Atlantis is Chicago of this world?

turkishronin

Arcane
Has there been word on a denegrification mod yet?

While I am not as much of a completely fucked in the head racist as most Codexers, it does begin to bother me that there are packs of nogs absolutely everywhere, who are shuffling about morosely and are eyeing me threateningly.

What would be really cool and actually improve immersion would be a mod that would reduce the chance of nigs and other undesirables in the nice parts of the city while boosting it in the shithole parts of town like The Well or Ebbside.
Game is supposed to be far into future. That's how humanity will look like so it's not immersion breaking.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
What the fuck. Trees are still growing in my fucking base even though I build walls and shit! That's some bullshit!
Starfield-9-3-2023-3-07-52-PM.png

PDA journal found on a withered body:
3.09.2330 - The base is almost ready. I've just finished building walls. Space exploration is a hard but rewarding job. I'm glad I listened to Todd.
4.09.2330 - What the fuck. Trees are growing in my fucking base.
6.09.2330 - I think I've seen an ape-like shape crawling up a tree. Must be my imagination.
<missing data>
17.09.2330 - I cannot get out. I cannot get out. They have taken the Soy Dispenser Room and the second hall. I still hold the last chamber free of trees but the hope is fading now. I cannot get out. Large bulging eyes, eyes in the trees...

Last edited:

ChildInTime

Learned

PDA journal found on a withered body:
3.09.2330 - The base is almost ready. I've just finished building walls. Space exploration is a hard but rewarding job. I'm glad I listened to Todd.
4.09.2330 - What the fuck. Trees are growing in my fucking base.
6.09.2330 - I think I've seen an ape-like shape crawling up a tree. It must be my imagination.
<missing data>
17.09.2330 - I cannot get out. I cannot get out. They have taken the Soy Dispenser Room and the second hall. I still hold the last chamber free of trees but the hope is fading now. I cannot get out. Large bulging eyes, eyes in the trees...
Better writing quality than bethesda could ever hope to achieve, lol.

ArchAngel

Arcane
It seems to have generated some spicy reactions.

This bald fuck is more cringe than the game

There has been a proliferation of "anti-woke" JewTubers in recent years. There are the S-Tier ones like Critical Drinker and A-Tier ones like Nerdrotic. There are C-Tier grifters like The Quartering and then there is the absolute Shit-Tier and Heels falls squarely into that one.

He is anti Angry Joe.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
by the way starfield has pronouns, in case you didn't know.

but, it's just at the very end of character creation when you enter your name, you can select between he, she, they. That's pretty much all I've seen. Didn't see it being referenced in game either, feels like an afterthought and just to please the trannies tbh

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

but, it's just at the very end of character creation when you enter your name, you can select between he, she, they. That's pretty much all I've seen. Didn't see it being referenced in game either, feels like an afterthought and just to please the trannies tbh
it's a Bethesda game, mods will fix it

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard

it's a Bethesda game, mods will fix it
that's going to be one of the first mods I'm going to install tbh

Perkel

Arcane
jesus the more i play it the more garbage it is.

- tried exploring non story/sidequest, yeah proc gen is barely working. Shit floating around, people randomly running into walls and the performance is even worse.
- performance is even worse than i thought. In one abandoned research facility my 3090 was chugging at 100% while doing 32fps AAT FUCKING MEDIUM with DLSS at ultra performance setting. GPU has 350W tdp and it was doing only 140W which means that some part of gpu like mem bandwidth or something else was maxed out while everything else was not used. I am pretty sure now that this is either caused by GPU memory bandwidth or draw calls issue (which should be fixed since this is dx12 game). IT is not like game uses a lot of VRAM so this might be caused by some small batch of data being shoveled from memory to gpu to ram 1000s of times a second or something. Either that or their engine basically is dying. I can run faster Cyberpunk with full raytracing at 4k than this game.
- ui is not just bad it is straight up shit. Worst UI i had to deal with in any game bar none. Gothic UI compared to this garbage is masterclass. Gothic ui was bad to navigate but you never had to use it againt you will here it is exactly the opposite sure it works flawlessly but you have to use against your will ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Picked up something ? want to check it ? go to that full screen ui, want to use aid go to that full screen ui so on and so forth. The fact that you can't quickly check how encumbered you are is idiotic.
- AID items not having "use/eat" option on pickup is the most retarded thing. In order to use say some booster to health/oxygen whatever you need to pick up item go into inventory go into aid and then find it and then use it from inventory. Favoriting it makes no sense since there are 100s of aid items that you will rarely find again.
- dialogs and story further on is even worse than i thought. Constelation members dialogs which are supposed to be main cast is something written by absolute amateur. Then when you go to sidequest and npcs then you realize that it is even worse. My initial impressions about everyone being for player is true still. None of them seems like real character.
- faces animations are worse than in F4 or even skyrim. Yeah they are more "technical" but the use of them is just wrong on so many levels. Character randomly staring into different directions, bad smile attempts in middle of serious talk, so on and so forth.
- Combat is shite. Yeah it is responsive but you always fight dudes in spacesuits which means all of them look pretty much the same, allien fauna is mostly meme as they are not involved in quests/combat. All guns feels more or less the same pew pew laser or typical realworld smg, shotguns are shite with barely any kick or damage, melee is joke as well.
- Everything is spacesuit. You have to use spacesuit so normal clothes don't matter and every space suit looks pretty much the same with minor details differences and color. If tricking up avatar is your mojo in RPGs then yeah, hope you like 120 variants of the same space suit. I know StarCitizen is shit etc etc but they have exact same problem (spacesuits needed) but somehow they manage to create really differnt suits than feel completely different on your avatar.
- Game feels disconnected due to how fast travel works. Middle of enemy base ? fast travel quickly to shop sell everything and go back.
- Space is pointless. There is nothing there to do other than random fights with pirates. Even Mass Effect which never aspired to become exploration game had more point to space than Starfield.

Honestly after playing it for about 7-8 hours this is easily worst Betsheda Game. Even Oblivion which i hated had some nice aspects if you squinted your eyes. Here I can't find anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom