Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ind33d

Learned
Dan Stapleton rated the game lower than Watch_Dogs 3. I love Watch_Dogs and still think that score is a sign of brain damage

Does Starfield have VR support or did Beth just assume the hardware to run it at high enough FPS doesn't exist?

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Today's hero for BG3 shills:

1693523672566.png

1693523679719.png

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
What's with this cursed "randomly and unaturally raising my eyebrows" animations? Most characters look exactly the same in conversation, and the repetitive nature of the facial animation cycles is fucking unnerving and destracting, I tell you.

Also, the "Fallout 4 in space" meme is real. Only worse. I've been skipping through longplay videos, and (although it looks good, as I'm a sucker for the so-called "Nasapunk", James Gray's Ad Astra aesthetic) the gameplay looks turn-you-brain-off mindless as fuck. It also reminds me that I'm so fucking tired of the "wide as the ocean, deep as a puddle" open-world structure of modern games. FUCK.

On a final note, I feel less ashamed for unironically liking the Outer Worlds. There, I said it.

P.S.: Can't wait for the Crowbcat bugs & false promises extravaganza compilation video on YouTube. Tell me them sweet, sweet little lies, Todd.

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Seems pretty stupid to shit on a reviewer for the scores given in the past and his political opinions.
At least if you are going to call the review scores controversial, read through the reviews.

e.g. Prey was rated 5 because of its disastrous bugs and performance issues; Stapleton later updated it to an 8.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
"d-don't look at past reviews from the same individual to get a sense of their gaming tastes, preferences and biases... th-that's antisemitic!!"
"so what if he was screeching on twitter like an NPC, th-that doesn't effect his reviews, chud!"
"he dressed up like kratos? so what. just because a thirty plus year old adult dresses like kratos doesn't mean he's a snoy... touch grass!"

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Seems pretty stupid to shit on a reviewer for the scores given in the past and his political opinions.
At least if you are going to call the review scores controversial, read through the reviews.

e.g. Prey was rated 5 because of its disastrous bugs and performance issues; Stapleton later updated it to an 8.

The reason why the, practically speaking, negative reviews for Starfield are suspect is because Bethesda has become a very fashionable target and is not accorded any 'cover' because they have failed to ingratiate themselves with the liberast journalists the way Larian has with all the depraved and insufferably 'on trend' current-year garbage in BG3.

Maybe Starfield is bad, but if the review scores for it are low that won't be why.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
"d-don't look at past reviews from the same individual to get a sense of their gaming tastes, preferences and biases... th-that's antisemitic!!"
"so what if he was screeching on twitter like an NPC, th-that doesn't effect his reviews, chud!"
"he dressed up like kratos? so what. just because a thirty plus year old adult dresses like kratos doesn't mean he's a snoy... touch grass!"
You sound like you gobble on Todd's cum for breakfast.

Vatnik Wumao
The reason why the, practically speaking, negative reviews for Starfield are suspect is because Bethesda has become a fashionable target and is not accorded any 'cover' because they have failed to ingratiate themselves with the liberast journalists the way Larian has with all the depraved and insufferably 'on trend' current-year garbage in BG3.
Bethesda makes vidya for the common man and not for liberast journos. :love:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
The reason why the, practically speaking, negative reviews for Starfield are suspect is because Bethesda has become a fashionable target and is not accorded any 'cover' because they have failed to ingratiate themselves with the liberast journalists the way Larian has with all the depraved and insufferably 'on trend' current-year garbage in BG3.

Maybe Starfield is bad, but if the review scores for it are low that won't be why.

Are you implying the only two companies with "liberal journalists" are IGN and GameSpot? Really?

Such a weird take.

b53gdp5.png

Steam pls

The reason why the, practically speaking, negative reviews for Starfield are suspect is because Bethesda has become a very fashionable target and is not accorded any 'cover' because they have failed to ingratiate themselves with the liberast journalists the way Larian has with all the depraved and insufferably 'on trend' current-year garbage in BG3.

Absolutely nailed it. It became fashionable to hate BGS around the time Witcher 3 dropped. And I'm talking about the general gaming public here, not Codex. You faggots hate everything including your own mother. CDPR became the industry darling until they faceplanted with Cyberpunk. Now Larian is the industry darling.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom