Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ben Zyklon

Educated
And before you go "wah wah he is betsheda hater" I was one of few dudes who defended F4 here. IT wasn't good rpg but it was pretty good sandbox looter shooter.

Something which Starfield isn't. So not only it is not great RPG but also it is not great sandbox XYZ either.

that's why everybody is saying you need to play the game more until it clicks

First: you and your other personalities are not "everybody".

Second: what you are saying essentially is: " play it until you like it" which is basically asking the person to brainwash themselves into liking something they don't.

Seethe

Arbiter
1693916086050695.png

1nUgXBY.jpg

Shin

Cipher
Ok guys I didn't listen to your advice about not pirating and 4 hours in my main quest is completely broken. Walter doesn't give me the mission I need to proceed after you get the artifacts. Holy shit, I hate bethesda. I don't get what this studio even does now, they have bugs, they have gameplay reminiscient of 2008 fps shooters, and they have the shittiest writing on earth. I hate that retards buy these games.
playing a bethesda game at launch and complaining about bugs and mediocre gameplay is like banging your own sister and afterwards complaining about the retarded kids

Seethe

Arbiter
people are saying SF is worse than launch Cyberpunk 2077. there's no way that's true. who is running these anti-Starfield shill campaigns?
a mix of bg3 fanboys who know starfield is going to take their precious GOTY away from them and sony fanboys who hate microsoft and are massively butthurt that Todd's MAGNVM OPVS won't be on their system.
I would hope so. Not a single video game I enjoyed has ever won GOTY. I would take that as a red flag. It would be in the same league as God of War (2018)

Ben Zyklon

Educated
aight guys I'm out of this thread, it's gonna be way too much noise and I'm burned out on writing :lol:

have a good launch and enjoy the game

oh and fuck the haters and fuck BG3, Starfield true goty
Yeah you better get out before more people come to the forum and the damage control becomes impossible and you face more people.

Coward.

Ben Zyklon

Educated
Another - you can ignore whole systems - crafting, outposts, shipbuilding.
This is generally a good thing, I think. One big problem IMO with Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim was that the player couldn't really forge a career of their own, despite it being a very popular topic with modders. You couldn't be a trader, or a woodcutter, or a farmer or whatever, you had to be a murder-hobo.

For the first time since Daggerfall, it feels like Bethesda have actually made a game where you have some degree of control over your character's life and role in the world. Sadly the game doesn't have enough organic systems to let you actually be a space trader or a pirate or whatever in any convincing way, and you still end up a typical murder-hobo, but their approach of "here's a lot of different systems you might be interested in, feel free to build your character around the ones you find most appealing" its a big, big step in the right direction. If they learn the right lessons and keep on the same path, TES VI could benefit massively.

I think one thing modders could bring out is the potential that exists in the systems that are already in place, so that becoming a colony-builder or a trader or a xenobiologist become increasingly detailed, viable options.
This idiots that keep praising the game for something that can hypothetically can be modded in the game are truly fucking pathetic, you belong in a cult or in a circus, maybe both at the same time.

Lemming42

Arcane
So you can't be a for real space pirate, only a pretend space pirate? Lame.
It appears that you can pick sides. I'll tell you about the first quest with a spoiler:
You're sent by the United Colonies to infiltrate the Crimson Fleet. Your contact within the fleet orders you to kill a defector, who is aboard a civilian medical ship.

You can choose to either attack the ship on sight, killing the entire crew, or board. If you board, you can convince the crew to kill the defector to save themselves, or turn him over to your custody.

Then you report back to the pirates and either truthfully say you carried out their orders, or lie to them and maintain your cover.

It appears to be continuing in this vein. I imagine the opportunity will arise at some point to go native and join the pirates for real.

You can also be an independent pirate, all civilian ships you hail in space have a "[Piracy] Surrender or be attacked" option.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard

Second: what you are saying essentially is: " play it until you like it" which is basically asking the person to brainwash themselves into liking something they don't.
Third: Your mother begged me to fuck her for 5 pesos because she can't feed you and your 11 siblings living in the same shithole on shared wifi

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Here again, this is just their ambition falling short due to laziness. He talks about the majesty of feeling like an explorer as if he never played Elite which, while not a perfect game, nailed this feeling absolutely. Especially after they added the ability to land on planets and mine space rocks to trade in for space doubloons to buy better space lasers for your space ship.

There are half a dozen things they could've just copied, let alone imagined for themselves, to make Starfield feel like an actual exploration game.

Didn't they see this coming?

kroki

Literate

Third: Your mother begged me to fuck her for 5 pesos because she can't feed you and your 11 siblings living in the same shithole on shared wifi
BPyjLbcuUqGgBRbJZ9sVwuhV8n5nFDVReeu468VSf-w.jpg

Ben Zyklon

Educated

Third: Your mom
Couldn't expect more from a low IQ with dunning Kruger.

Weren't you supposed to leave the thread?

Seems like I hit a nerve.

Old Hans

Arcane
Didn't they see this coming?
I bet they had systems in place but for one reason or another they hacked it apart. Just like Oblivion and the radiant AI which was originally totally awesome and chaotic

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom