Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Caim

Arcane
So if Fallout 3 is Oblivion with guns, and Skyrim is Oblivion with guns with swords, this means that that Starfield is Oblivion with guns with swords with guns.

Modron

Arcane
So if Fallout 3 is Oblivion with guns, and Skyrim is Oblivion with guns with swords, this means that that Starfield is Oblivion with guns with swords with guns.
Your math is faulty you skipped fallout 4.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Ben Zyklon

Educated
Are pronouns rly stopping you from gaming? Or are you just a fake gamer?

I mean yes you can dislike them, but are they stopping you from playing the game? Are they stopping you from exploring, killing looting, building and all the other things the game has to offer? I dont think so.

Real gamers just play games and dont care about politics in the background or what agenda somebody might be pushing or what hidden message marketing has hidden in the game. Real gamers want to escape reality and all that by entering a fictional world and having fun with basic gaming.

I think most people here are fake gamers. They are social media people who dont want to play or dont even know how to play games, but want to pretend to be gamers for attention. They poison the community with their discussions and make this place look like some open politics forum at an university. This place should only be filled with gameplay related topics. Discussiona about quests, Questions about items, Guides, Bug reports, Hardware discussions and so on.

People comming here and complaining about stuff that has zero to do with the actual gameplay should just stay on Facebook, Instagram, Telegram or whatever place they originated from.

I as a real gamer couldnt care less for pronouns. They are in the game, so what? I can still explore, kill, loot and do quests. It has zero impact on my gameplay. Just go spam and have your discusions somewhere else and leave this place for the real gamers you fakes!

So, a real gamer according to you is someone that never questions anything? Someone that just consumes the new thing without question?

Because if that is a gamer to you then yeah I am not a gamer according to your low IQ definition.

Fortunately the world doesn't revolve around you neither you are any sort of authority in the matter and the world and us don't really care about what you "think" ( if that vomit can even be called thinking ).

Perkel

Arcane
Shills in thread: "IT is actually better writen game than rest of their games"

Reality: In one of missions you board Crimson Fleet HQ and meet their accountant which tells you directly on first meeting that he has a bomb on his chest and if he dies Crimson Fleet is fucked and then proceeds to explain for next 10 minutes how important he is to live. And it is unskippable scene that leads you to head honcho.

Also i don't know what people were vaping on about skill checks because there aren't any. I only saw once background check.

I also want what they have on with that "peruation minigame is great". IT's literally tricked out Oblivion style persuasion game but instead of infinite time you have 3 turns. Guess it's better than nothing but i wouldn't call that any gamechanger. I'd rather see hard persuation check than this idiotic game.

jesus christ this game is fucking huge, I haven't even scratched the surface it seems
Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle?

It's actually worse than that. In case of puddle you can argue that you couldn't make it deep because of techical issues etc. But Starfield is BIG but filled with absolutely ton of quests that are completely atrocious from top to bottom. Yeah they do something, yeah they are better than find 10 animal skins from monster X but they are souless garbage.

Game is heavy on nonsensital satire theme so in scenes where you are supposed to care you just laugh instead at idiotic writing.

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
Ahaha the random encounters in this game rock. Just met two freighter captains having a Mac vs PC argument about two ship companies. The player can come in and aggro them both by fanatically advocating for a third company they both hate.
"BG3 is the best!"
"No, Starfield's the best!"
"'Sup, guys, excited for Phantom Liberty?"

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Shills in thread: "IT is actually better written game than rest of their games"

Reality: In one of missions you board Crimson Fleet HQ and meet their accountant which tells you directly on first meeting that he has a bomb on his chest and if he dies Crimson Fleet is fucked and then proceeds to explain for next 10 minutes how important he is to live.
I haven't seen anyone compliment the writing yet, though maybe I have overlooked that. Mostly Vic and some others talking about the stuff they can do

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Guyz im playin starfield, it looks pretty good
4.jpg

but without spess combat
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg
The standards haven gotten so low that oblivion looks like a flavourful fantasy RPG, I used to not even be able to look at it.

I'm getting scared.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard

Reality: In one of missions you board Crimson Fleet HQ and meet their accountant which tells you directly on first meeting that he has a bomb on his chest and if he dies Crimson Fleet is fucked and then proceeds to explain for next 10 minutes how important he is to live.
didn't you say you uninstalled the game?

Reinhardt

Arcane
Ahaha the random encounters in this game rock. Just met two freighter captains having a Mac vs PC argument about two ship companies. The player can come in and aggro them both by fanatically advocating for a third company they both hate.
"BG3 is the best!"
"No, Starfield's the best!"
"'Sup, guys, excited for Phantom Liberty?"
"no, we only play rpg games"

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I haven't seen anyone compliment the writing yet, though maybe I have overlooked that. Mostly Vic and some others talking about the stuff they can do
It's like every Bethesda game for the last several iterations, with some excellent writing in there for sure and some ... less so. When you have 85000 quests and 450 writers it can't all be gold but so far there hasn't been much that's truly bad. I definitely hate the first mission on a planet called Paradiso (the dialogue writing is fine but the C&C options are unfinished). For the most part I've been pleasantly surprised and truly wowed once or twice.

Last edited:

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard

there are some truly hilarious quests, I just haven't done that many. focusing on other stuff right now.

but it's definitely better written than all previous Bethesda Fallouts and Elder Scrolls from what I've seen so far. Main quest obviously blows all other main quests out of the water, but that is not hard to do.

Perkel

Arcane

I did. Guess what i clocked some hours and played it before doing so.
Probably will reinstall it at some point when people will dejunk it enough though.

And before you go "wah wah he is betsheda hater" I was one of few dudes who defended F4 here. IT wasn't good rpg but it was pretty good sandbox looter shooter.

Something which Starfield isn't. So not only it is not great RPG but also it is not great sandbox XYZ either.

jaydee2k

Savant

You must be a paid spam bot from north korean gulag. Fingers crossed that Todd keeps paying for your service that you don't get shot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom