Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gargaune

Arcane
The game's not even out yet and the Nexus is already prepping an Unofficial Starfield Patch Starfield Community Patch! :lol:

The Starfield Community Patch (SCP) project is a collective effort by mod authors and the wider player community of Starfield to fix bugs, errors and other inconsistencies present in the game. This includes tweaks, typos and other changes that may have been missed (or not yet released) by the developers. The overall goal is to improve the vanilla experience for all players.

[...]

Right now, there's no content as the game isn't out yet. Once there is at least one fix available the patch will be available to download for free from the Nexus Mods page or GitHub. (The Nexus Mods page will be made available once there is something to download).

todd-starfield2.jpg

I'm gonna get so much mileage out of this one shoop...

dsndo

Educated
Be weird like me and play multiple characters concurrently and make them very different. I have one concept that won't be allowed to develop Physical or Social skills, and another that won't develop Combat skills.
Same. 3 characters at once, switching between them every time I die. Adds some tension to the combat which Bethesda games desperately need.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Same. 3 characters at once, switching between them every time I die. Adds some tension to the combat which Bethesda games desperately need.
I love it. I'm planning to begin each session loading a save file for whichever character is currently lowest level. (Or maybe have least time played if that's listed on the file.) Some of my characters are much more likely to die a lot than others :D

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Be weird like me and play multiple characters concurrently and make them very different. I have one concept that won't be allowed to develop Physical or Social skills, and another that won't develop Combat skills.

I'll be doing 3 characters at once too, but I'll need to wait a few months for modders to do advanced animations.

:smug: :smug: :smug:

Okay that's my last sex joke itt for a while.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I'll be doing 3 characters at once too, but I'll need to wait a few months for modders to do advanced animations.

:smug: :smug: :smug:

Okay that's my last sex joke itt for a while.

:o

It's the dreaded three-headed cyberdick of legend!

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I have 4. I don't expect anyone cares but if you do I have character notes here and plan to refer to my "Gameplay Rules" for each during play. I had a lot of fun with this in Skyrim.

Perhaps more useful is a shoestring Skills Build Planner I made, which greys out the skills you don't have enough tree investment to unlock yet. Feel free to Make a Copy for your own use. I've planned out my characters' skills to level 10, more as a "bored at work" thing than having actual intention to rigidly stick to the plan.

Üstad

Arcane
Crimson Fleet could be cool too, but Bethesda is too milquetoast to properly write them as a bunch of morally repugnant marauders rather than as just another iteration of the Thieves Guild, this time in speesh.
You're probably right but
I have some hope the CF will be edgier. I like that one video clip you see everywhere of the heavily armored guy knocking down some wimp and executing him without mercy.
If nothing else, at least their visual design seems neat.
Skyrim was atleast decent hiking simulator with mods. In this game nothing is beautiful, in fact it's pig disgusting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom