Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

tritosine2k

Erudite

Moink

Cipher
So it's 4 "fully developed" companions (we know Space Delphine & Space Cowboy are two of them, bets it's one from each major faction?) and an unknown amount of others, I noticed some of the crew you could recruit had weapon skills so I guess you can bring them along with you like randomly generated hired mercs maybe?
yMcWiQN.png

EvilWolf

Learned

Drakortha

Liturgist
Bethesda presents, after a 25 year amalgamation of mindless consumers buying, modding, and shilling our shit RPG's, we bring you Starfield. Not 16 times the detail this time, but 1000 times bigger and detailed. Making it our largest piece of shit yet.

~ That is if Bethesda was actually honest in their marketing.

And people are already shilling this trash game all over the internet. I'm seeing this everywhere. Are these actually real people? The hell if I know. I just cannot fathom the possibility of someone firmly believing that Bethesda are trying to deliver anything but another soulless cash grab for consumers to consume. They don't care about delivering the greatest RPG ever, YOU FUCKING CLOWNS! The only thing that matters is it sells copies and sells hardware. Why the fuck do you think they put out high system requirements in the first place? Goddamnit these losers are FUCKING DUMB.

NWbo43I.png

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
I remember Bethesda really getting excited by the Arrow in the Knee meme. I heard a rumour they were even thinking of buying KnowYourMeme.
Prestigious Codexers recognize that Skyrim's "adventurer before I took an arrow in the knee" meme is just a rip-off of the "adventurer like yourself before I tussled with a fire drake" meme from Dark Sun 2: Wake of the Ravager.

rPfVcfD.png
The average Codexer is less prestigious than Todd the Rod Howard.
If Todd made games that matched his own personal tastes, he'd be the best creative working today.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Most people are plebs. The average Bethesda fan to this day thinks that Fallout 76 was the company's first misstep.

Which game do you think is Bethesda Game Studios first misstep?
Some here will argue Morrowind. That's debatable. Oblivion was an undeniable toe-stubbing, and nothing they've done since Oblivion has even reached that level of competence.

Lemming42

Arcane
The average Bethesda fan definitely had a negative view of Fo4 when it came out. I remember r/fallout, the trusted source to see what the average dumbass thinks, was about 80% threads of people shitting on the game, with 20% threads of people going "why's everyone shitting on this game!? yeah it sucks, but ___".

Fo76 was just salt in a pre-existing wound.

I think it's also worth noting that a lot of Bethesda fans give Oblivion a pretty rough assessment in retrospect. Oblivion still has its hardcore fans but its generally known for being a janky piece of shit with a lot of low-quality content and odd quirks, its fans just enjoy it in spite of that. For most people, Skyrim - which I'd argue is almost objectively a higher-quality game, regardless of what you might think about the removal of Attributes and the silly perk tree stuff - pretty much replaced it. I think in the Morrowind/Oblivion/Fo3/Skyrim era, the myriad flaws of each game were widely acknowledged but the general opinion was that you could look past it because the story and setting for each game had certain appeal, there were interesting things to find and memorable dungeons, and the good could be argued to outweigh the bad; Fo4 was the first game where that dynamic felt inverted and there was no real appeal holding the game together for many people.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Fo4 was the first game where that dynamic felt inverted and there was no real appeal holding the game together for many people.
After the commercial success of Skyrim it immediately got to Beth's head and they've been complacent ever since. I remember when they shut down the Bethesda Forums shortly after Skyrims massive success (which I had been an active member on since Morrowind, and it was where even Todd had an account and made posts during Fallout 3's development) to replace it with Bethesda.net, which was nothing but a framework for their new and sanitized corporate approach to everything. That was the very moment I knew they didn't give a fuck anymore. Coincidentally they've been developing nothing but soulless jank ever since.

Last edited:

Drakortha

Liturgist
2022 vs 2023

Have we already forgotten how much Bethesda bullshitted about the graphics in Fallout 4?

Back then, I took screenshots in-game on the PC (on max settings) to compare with locations that were in the original trailer. Nobody cared back then, probably still don't. But at least I still have those screenshots on my hard drive. Piece of cake. Now let's play spot the difference. Oh, and there are many.

0v3PwSn.png

Don't worry guys, have faith. Todd & Bethesda don't lie when they market their shit they want to sell. No sir. They just want to make great RPG's and save gaming. "Todd's Sweet Little Lies" is just a funny and silly meme, don't ya know? We love memes! You take it too seriously, man. We're just having fun and we all know he doesn't actually lie, we just love consuming.

Last edited:

Drakortha

Liturgist
Back then, I took screenshots in-game on the PC (on max settings) to compare with locations that were in the original trailer.

You should post more in the Fallout 4 thread.
Those losers will just respond by telling me to fix it with mods. The same thing will be said about Starfield when it doesn't meet expectations. Bethesda fanboys are their own special kind of retard.

Besides, if I post them here in the Starfield discussion it might be more relevant and catch more eyeballs, for what it's worth.

xudwnz2ghzbwtszxgghb.jpg
0v3PwSn.png

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Huh, someone who got to play a promo hour of the current build had some interesting things to say about nonviolent playthroughs. This is a video from someone who saw that video I guess.

He's jumping to conclusions here, but if he's right that you can really complete the game without firing a shot, then I'm ready to be convinced that Starfield really will have the breadth of playstyle options to make it my next LARPing dream game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom