Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

ind33d

Learned
couldn't you just make a mod that forces you to pay a monthly salary to your crewmates instead of hiring them for a lump sum? that would solve 99% of the issues of the game being pointless, since then you would be forced to take missions for credits. bethesda aren't stupid, this is the entire plot of Firefly and Cowboy Bebop. what happened?

Butter

Arcane
Patron
couldn't you just make a mod that forces you to pay a monthly salary to your crewmates instead of hiring them for a lump sum? that would solve 99% of the issues of the game being pointless, since then you would be forced to take missions for credits. bethesda aren't stupid, this is the entire plot of Firefly and Cowboy Bebop. what happened?
They didn't want their casual audience complaining that the economy is tight (see: well designed). Most players are terrified if their currency integer isn't always increasing.

PlayerEmers

Novice
They didn't want their casual audience complaining that the economy is tight (see: well designed). Most players are terrified if their currency integer isn't always increasing.
I still remember the fuel thing.
Bethesda will never implement any sort of immersive mechanic that requires some brain power if it antagonizes part of their fanbase... and you know the type of fanbase they have.

ind33d

Learned
lmao at the ranger questline giving you all the gear after one mission because there was no time to finish making content

ind33d

Learned
Sarah mentions a planet where her female mentor retired, am I supposed to go there myself or wait for a quest later on? I thought it would be marked in my Activities, but I don't see anything. I assume I'm just supposed to wait for her affinity to be higher. What was it called?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Sarah mentions a planet where her female mentor retired, am I supposed to go there myself or wait for a quest later on? I thought it would be marked in my Activities, but I don't see anything. I assume I'm just supposed to wait for her affinity to be higher. What was it called?

I suggest the uninstall button. But if you are actually curious, you do indeed wait it out. The story with her and her mentor is truly disturbing.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Starfield’s Shattered Space story expansion is launching this fall
Ahead of that, the game’s next update will include ship building and city map features

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...space-story-expansion-is-launching-this-fall/
Todd is as eloquent as ever
“Shattered Space is in the fall, but we have a big update that’s coming really soon for Starfield,” he said. “There’s a lot of stuff… we redid the map stuff, so we have some city map stuff.”

Starfield+Quote+Skyrim+in+Space+Todd+Howard.png

ind33d

Learned
been playing on deck with Radiyo and cannot stress enough how much ingame music improves the experience
Starfield’s Shattered Space story expansion is launching this fall
Ahead of that, the game’s next update will include ship building and city map features

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...space-story-expansion-is-launching-this-fall/
Todd is as eloquent as ever
“Shattered Space is in the fall, but we have a big update that’s coming really soon for Starfield,” he said. “There’s a lot of stuff… we redid the map stuff, so we have some city map stuff.”

Starfield+Quote+Skyrim+in+Space+Todd+Howard.png
all it needs is survival mode and we're all systems go

toddchads keep winning

ind33d

Learned
i heard DLC are less subject to Sweet B*by oversight, it's possible that todd purposely delayed House Varuun to bypass censors because the vetting process is frontloaded

Old Hans

Arcane
"map stuff" Just what this pile of garbage needed. What a huge game changer. I hope they didn't work themselves too hard

Late Bloomer

Scholar
New Update May 15

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1716740/view/4202497395530962492

Updated Surface Maps
Community feedback is a huge source of inspiration for the team at Bethesda Game Studios, and one of the most requested features has been more detailed surface maps, and the latest update delivers. These improved maps replace surface dots with terrain markings, which, combined with actually seeing the points of interest on the map, makes it much easier to see where you are and what’s around you.

Additionally, new markers have been added in the major cities to show the locations of vendors and each of these markers acts as a fast travel point, so you’ll be able to head straight there quickly and easily from your Scanner or the surface map.

New Gameplay Options
The new update also introduces a host of new gameplay options, including the ability to increase vendor credits and carry capacity or access your ship cargo from anywhere through your player inventory. You can also play around with some survival features, like the effects of food and your environmental hazards. Of course, there are also some new combat settings, so you could make space combat harder and run-and-gun combat easier if you want to. And if you’re looking for a bigger challenge, there’s now a new Extreme difficulty above Very Hard. These settings can be tuned to allow you to focus on the style of gameplay you enjoy the most. Depending on how you balance them out, you might even get some bonus experience.

New Ship Interior Customization Tools
In Starfield, your ship is your home. The latest update takes that to a new level by expanding the amount of interior customization you can do in your ship. The system is now very similar to how you decorate your outposts. The update also includes new completely empty hab modules, allowing you to start your decorating from scratch. This also lets you play around with your ship’s layout with more openings available for doorways.

ind33d

Learned
people saying ground vehicles are confirmed which would significantly improve the game, all they need is modders to flesh out the procedural generation and a better OST

the bonus XP% based on difficulty options is sick, it looks like Daggerfall's weakness system

Bulo

Scholar
Jokes aside, Starfield is a great candidate for a total conversion mod (or as a sort of game engine/art asset package with which you could make a smaller, more focused game)

Gargaune

Magister
Community feedback is a huge source of inspiration for the team at Bethesda Game Studios
Yeah, that's why we got that Fo4 "next-gen" patch, 'cause community feedback to Skyrim's was so motherfucking inspiring. Boy, have I got one or two riveting fucking inspirations for you, Bethesda...

ADL

Prophet

This is a neat idea but as per bethesda usual, the implementation is shoddy. Also why the hell does it seem like a survival mode is half implemented? Still no fuel requirements and still no sleep requirements. All the debuffs are basic as shit and mods managed to do better without even being given tools.

The one interesting thing (House Va'ruun) in their entire boring as shit universe and it's withheld for DLC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom