Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

Silverfish

Arbiter
Soyny bros seething when they could just buy an Xbox. You hate to see it.

UndeadHalfOrc

Novice
image.png

These people have never seen a gun, have they.

This is RIFTS-tier shit.

sddefault.jpg

Ryzer

Arcane
The only praise he gave to Starfield is about the size of the game but nothing about the quality of that size, that said it all.
Wide as an ocean, depth of a puddle has never been more true than here.

BruceVC

Magister
The only praise he gave to Starfield is about the size of the game but nothing about the quality of that size, that said it all.
It's Fluent, guy's like BruceVC but without the shades smiley.
Yes Bethesda games with mods and official patches become fantastic and provide hundreds of hours of entertainment

I dont understand why any of you guys played Starfield knowing you never play Bethesda games on launch and you definitely dont play without mods....Im not a masochist , I dont put myself through pain on purpose

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Yes Bethesda games with mods and official patches become fantastic and provide hundreds of hours of entertainment

I dont understand why any of you guys played Starfield knowing you never play Bethesda games on launch and you definitely dont play without mods....Im not a masochist , I dont put myself through pain on purpose
Why shouldn't someone play a game as released and expect it to be an enjoyable experience? There's a reasonable expectation of a game being playable but better with mods. There is an unreasonable expectation when you expect me to spend 10 hours installing mods and browsing mod sites full of WAIFU BIG ASS 2B REALISTIC ANUS files and REALISTIC HORSE PENIS PHYSICS mods to find the 1 gameplay mod I may want to try, which is also likely to be broken and fixes none of the issues the game actually has. "It's good when modded" is like saying a car is useful at the end of a marathon. I'm sure it is, doesn't mean I want to run a marathon to go for a relaxing Sunday drive after does it?

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard

Full post:

Next week, on January 17, we’ll be putting our biggest @StarfieldGame update yet into Steam Beta with over 100 fixes and improvements, with a planned release date for all players two weeks later. Here’s some of what you can expect:

This update contains a multitude of fixes to Quests. Eye of the Storm issues such as being unable to dock with the Legacy or data transfer not starting, and Temples not showing up in Into the Unknown, will no longer prevent Constellation from exploring the cosmos.

Additionally, this update brings stability improvements and numerous graphic improvements ranging from additional widescreen support to improved textures, lighting, and shadows. Before / After:

GDp9A1lWEAAT7M9
GDp9BjGXMAAPjML

Other fixes and improvements include sun disk geometry, planet ring shadows, bulldozed objects reappearing when returning to an Outpost, ship hatches marked inaccessible, and another fix for asteroids following ships. The full update notes will be posted next week when the Steam Beta is released!

GDp9eDKWAAEe5FR
GDp9epSWEAAc1np

Last edited:

Halfling Rodeo

Educated

Full post:

Next week, on January 17, we’ll be putting our biggest @StarfieldGame update yet into Steam Beta with over 100 fixes and improvements, with a planned release date for all players two weeks later. Here’s some of what you can expect:

This update contains a multitude of fixes to Quests. Eye of the Storm issues such as being unable to dock with the Legacy or data transfer not starting, and Temples not showing up in Into the Unknown, will no longer prevent Constellation from exploring the cosmos.

Additionally, this update brings stability improvements and numerous graphic improvements ranging from additional widescreen support to improved textures, lighting, and shadows. Before / After:

GDp9A1lWEAAT7M9
GDp9BjGXMAAPjML

Other fixes and improvements include sun disk geometry, planet ring shadows, bulldozed objects reappearing when returning to an Outpost, ship hatches marked inaccessible, and another fix for asteroids following ships. The full update notes will be posted next week when the Steam Beta is released!

GDp9eDKWAAEe5FR
GDp9epSWEAAc1np

Don't care how good it looks when the games a walking sim between irrelevant mushrooms/crystals to scan for EXP when you can get twice as much for shooting random fauna.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Hey now, Bruce is far more tolerable than Fluent. You could get diabetes if you don't get rid of Fluent quickly enough.

Ryzer

Arcane

GDp9A1lWEAAT7M9
GDp9BjGXMAAPjML
It looks like the RTX off/ RTX on meme.

Unwanted

Cologno

Unwanted
It looks like the RTX off/ RTX on meme.
it does look slightly better, I think there's more detail in the hair too
GDp9A1lWEAAT7M9
GDp9BjGXMAAPjML
Does it run any better, though? Compared to launch, I mean. My PC isn't a powerhouse, but the graphic fidelity didn't seem like it should require FSR to run decently. Edit - is that a modded game screenshot? I hope not, hope they just ditched it because I remember that was a considerable improvement getting rid of that Beth filter.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Does it run any better, though? Compared to launch, I mean. My PC isn't a powerhouse, but the graphic fidelity didn't seem like it should require FSR to run decently. Edit - is that a modded game screenshot? I hope not, hope they just ditched it because I remember that was a considerable improvement getting rid of that Beth filter.
that's from their twitter post

Unwanted

Cologno

Unwanted
Yeah, but you're the thread starter. Has game performance gotten better for you since launch?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom