Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

Child of Malkav

Erudite
You wouldn't make the cut subhuman now go back to playing tranny gates.

Btw. niggeroid you lost any right to complain about woke shit in vidya gamez after shilling for tranny gates.
Yeah, you're a retard. This is the last bit of attention you're getting from me so enjoy it.
Recognizing quality in a well made game is now shilling? Ok. To you Shitfield must be some kind of human achievement or something -- wait are you Gmanshills? No? Pff could have fooled me.
Anyway, doubt you play video games anyway, you should go back to /pol, that's more your place. You should also learn to read. Because if you do that and re read my post maybe you're gonna discover that I'm not a fan of BG3 for a variety of reasons. However I do have the mental capacity to recognize a well made, high quality game when I see it. Compared to that goyslop made by Todd. Btw, Shitfield is also woke.
Niggeroid? In Eastern Europe? Please refer to line 1 for more instructions.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I wasn’t talking about dialogue but decisions during quests that you can make.
Same, actually. I am not familiar with the quest you brought up, but there's one that sounds similar, involving the Juno space probe that has somehow traveled lightyears (wtf) and during its voyage became sentient. You need to end a standoff, and can choose to free it, lobotomize it, or destroy it.

I made my choice, and was puzzled that the opposite happened anyway. I googled the quest, and shockingly, it doesn't fucking matter what you choose. What's going to happen is what the "writers" had in mind.

If they can't even entertain the notion of player agency on the scale of a dead-end random encounter "quest", imagine the weight of your decisions in any other scenario.

What keeps the illusion afloat somewhat are lame "persuade, kill, bribe" choices when dealing with NPCs in yet more dead-end quests who need to be stopped from doing a thing, or need to be made to return a thing, etc. You have a choice, but in the end the predetermined outcime happens, and the NPC - or its body - is swept under the rug, never to be heard from again.
Interesting, I haven't actually done a quest twice in two different ways, but I saw the choices and assumed things would be different. Seems like they cut corners even here. Doesn't really change my 4/10 score for the game tho.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
My god ship combat is a disaster.

Why? It's a bog-standard cloning of freelancer's arcade space combat, only with space VATS and power allocation.
IMO, it's impossible to have interesting space combat without fighter-class ships.

Every video I've seen is just get behind enemy, shoot them, repeat. Slow and boring, with big, easy-to-hit ships. That or disable them and board them. That's probably the most interesting part, but I'm sure it gets old after the first couple of times.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Sam Coe, "Father" of Cora Coe.
Sam-Coe-in-Starfield.jpg

Lillian Hart, absentee mother of Cora Coe
lillianhartstarfield.webp

Cora Coe
starfield-cora.jpg

Ben Zyklon

Educated
I'm done with this garbage:

• Litterally loading screen & fast travel simulator , it just keeps getting in the way of my enjoyment, at this point is not even about being able to travel planet to planet is just the fact that its so fucking annoying.
  • Boring as fuck setting
  • "NASA punk" has to be the most bland trash I have seen in my life
  • No alien races, only humans and are all boring non interesting
  • Boring quests with awful design, they feel like MMO fetch quests
  • Game natively doesn't support an evil character so this isn't even an RPG, essential NPC's everywhere, only good guy companions
  • Like I said: not even an RPG, you have no stats or anything, its just another adventure game like Skyrim but worse than it because at least Skyrim still allowed exploration and all that people enjoy from Bethesda games
  • Obviously terrible exploration
  • Nothing to find
  • Worst implementation of procedurally generation technology I have seen in my life
  • Game has no challenge, I was killing lvl 50+ enemies at lvl 11 with no issue on the hardest difficulty even adding an improved AI mod did nothing
  • Game wasn't even properly tested, weight and containers capacity are a joke, walking and jogging are completely bad implemented being too slow and too fast respectively, first person has a nice shoot from cover system that isn't implemented if you play in third person, NPC's bugging out all the time breaking the 10% immersion you can barely achieve with this game
  • Writing is horrible, once again we are the dragonborn but in space is litterally insulting my intelligence, how can anybody like this? litteral low IQ story
  • Ship building doesn't even let you rotate ship parts as you want
  • The "challenges" to level up a perk are terrible and just artificially prevent you from leveling up, it was much better in other games where you leveled up the skills by using them not by doing stupid "challenges", like I said: not even an RPG.
  • Ship combat is a disaster
  • Obiously the stupid wokeness every step of the way
The only thing I enjoyed a bit was the looter shooter stuff but let's be honest I can do better, there are tons of games with awesome loot out there that are much better.

Every time I felt like I was forcing myself to play it because it is so damn boring and meh, its litterally a bad game and I won't accept anyone telling me otherwise, its just bad stop pretending is good or is even just meh, no, it actually is bad.

If anyone likes this trash its 100% low IQ

Uninstalled, even when I didn't paid for it I feel robbed.

Last edited:

Vic

Savant
The "challenges" to level up a perk are terrible and just artificially prevent you from leveling up, it was much better in other games where you leveled up the skills by using them not by doing stupid "challenges", like I said: not even an RPG.
the challenges are using the skill dumbass

Writing is horrible, once again we are the dragonborn but in space is litterally insulting my intelligence, how can anybody like this? litteral low IQ story
besides the name and the fact that you are collecting powers the story has actually nothing to do with Skyrim’s. There is no big evil threatening to destroy the world for a change. I’m actually not exactly sure what the story exactly is and don’t get me wrong it’s shit but it’s not exactly your typical “save the world oh chosen one”
only good guy companions
I think Crimson Fleet questline gives you evil companions, but it doesn’t really matter because, as you said, game doesn’t support evil playstyle.
I was killing lvl 50+ enemies at lvl 11 with no issue on the hardest difficulty even adding an improved AI mod did nothing
Aliens do not provide a challenge, but if you don’t have good gear you’ll get shredded by lvl 50+ human enemies. If you do find good gear it’s possible, but level 50 aren’t the hardest in the game.
  • Nothing to find
that’s true, most exploration happens within the few hand-crafted locations ie the cities and the locations they send you to, weird design choice
Boring as fuck setting
it’s their first unique setting in 25 years and that’s the best they could do is kind of hilarious. Agree on this and your other points

0wca

Learned
The "challenges" to level up a perk are terrible and just artificially prevent you from leveling up, it was much better in other games where you leveled up the skills by using them not by doing stupid "challenges", like I said: not even an RPG.

Writing is horrible, once again we are the dragonborn but in space is litterally insulting my intelligence, how can anybody like this? litteral low IQ story
besides the name and the fact that you are collecting powers the story has actually nothing to do with Skyrim’s. There is no big evil threatening to destroy the world for a change. I’m actually not exactly sure what the story exactly is and don’t get me wrong it’s shit but it’s not exactly your typical “save the world oh chosen one”
only good guy companions
I think Crimson Fleet questline gives you evil companions, but it doesn’t really matter because, as you said, game doesn’t support evil playstyle.
I was killing lvl 50+ enemies at lvl 11 with no issue on the hardest difficulty even adding an improved AI mod did nothing
Aliens do not provide a challenge, but if you don’t have good gear you’ll get shredded by lvl 50+ human enemies. If you do find good gear it’s possible, but level 50 aren’t the hardest in the game.
  • Nothing to find
that’s true, most exploration happens within the few hand-crafted locations ie the cities and the locations they send you to, weird design choice
Boring as fuck setting
it’s their first unique setting in 25 years and that’s the best they could do is kind of hilarious. Agree on this and your other points
Vic's back must be a pretzel at this point, he's bending over backwards so hard to defend this crap.

Kinda admire his dedication tho :positive:

Vic

Savant

only good guy companions
  • Nothing to find
Boring as fuck setting
Vic's back must be a pretzel at this point, he's bending over backwards so hard to defend this crap.

Kinda admire his dedication tho :positive:
not even defending if you bother to read my post, just factual discussion of the game

Hellraiser

Arcane
IMO, it's impossible to have interesting space combat without fighter-class ships.

If we're talking about dogfighting style combat, sure. However having larger ships slug it out can be done in an interesting way, but not as twitch-based combat, rather as tactical engagements (turn-based or RtwP) taking cues from combat mechanics used in by FTL, Nexus: The Jupiter Incident or say Children of a Dead Earth. But of course that is unfortunately not something Bethesda would ever do (atlhough they should as they went with a more "believable" approach to spaceships design rather than going full-on star wars), or any developer in a mass-market mainstream AAA game for that matter.

Anyway the problem in the case of Starfield's arcade approach is as you mentioned the size and speed. The size issue you mentioned would have been fine if the weapon ranges were bigger and ships were faster, it's a matter of scale to compensate (hell, maybe this is moddable). My guess is they wanted the combat to be easier, because consoomers would whine about the difficulty of hitting things, same reason why there is lock-on even outside space vats. So an inherent consequence of Bethpizda's "no retard left behind" design philosophy.

But even if modders would fix it(tm), the AI is another thing. Space is not a very varied environment (at best you get cliched asteroid or space junk fields for obstacles) so repetitiveness of AI responses and general repetitiveness of combat is going to become noticeable fast. This is the general problem with arcade approaches to space dogfighting, you can postpone the onset of repetitiveness by varied hand-made encounters with different objectives, timed objectives etc. but if you just have "kill all enemies at that place" procedural encounters then go figure.

Ben Zyklon

Educated

only good guy companions
  • Nothing to find
Boring as fuck setting

Yeah the challenges use the skills but let me tell you how stupid they are:

For stealth I needed to land 10,20 and 40 sneak attacks... which consisted on me poping to do and attack, hiding back while I watched something on my phone or in Jew tube waiting for the caution bar to become hidden again. It wasn't fun, it wasn't a challenge, it was boring and I felt completely forced to engage in that anti natural gameplay pattern because I was forbidden to just put points into stealth when I could.

For carry weight you need to sprint certain distance while you are over 75% of your weight... so there I was running like an idiot through a base then waiting till my oxygen filled up to do it again. It wasn't fun.

This stupid challenges makes the player engage in metagaming and not actually naturally develop their skills while they do something they actually enjoy and have fun doing like in previous Bethesda games where you level skills up as you use them naturally.

No man I wasn't killing shitty space cows and dinosaurs at lvl 11, I meant actual level 50 humans, they are just bullet sponges but they are dumb as fuck.

The story is not the same as Skyrim word for word... but come on! You are the fucking space dragonborn that is what I meant, it's literally insulting specially because it was already stupid in Skyrim to be this fucking shonen protagonist for zoomers that is special and basically a super hero fuck that shit.

ArchAngel

Arcane

only good guy companions
  • Nothing to find
Boring as fuck setting

For stealth I needed to land 10,20 and 40 sneak attacks... which consisted on me poping to do and attack, hiding back while I watched something on my phone or in Jew tube waiting for the caution bar to become hidden again. It wasn't fun, it wasn't a challenge, it was boring and I felt completely forced to engage in that anti natural gameplay pattern because I was forbidden to just put points into stealth when I could.

For carry weight you need to sprint certain distance while you are over 75% of your weight... so there I was running like an idiot through a base then waiting till my oxygen filled up to do it again. It wasn't fun.

This stupid challenges makes the player engage in metagaming and not actually naturally develop their skills while they do something they actually enjoy and have fun doing like in previous Bethesda games where you level skills up as you use them naturally.

No man I wasn't killing shitty space cows and dinosaurs at lvl 11, I meant actual level 50 humans, they are just bullet sponges but they are dumb as fuck.

The story is not the same as Skyrim word for word... but come on! You are the fucking space dragonborn that is what I meant, it's literally insulting specially because it was already stupid in Skyrim to be this fucking shonen protagonist for zoomers that is special and basically a super hero fuck that shit.
I do not agree, they are good. Your problem was that you were metagaming. If you just play the game with your preferred game style you would still level it up, just slower. I level up all my skills during my play by just playing, I do not focus on trying to level up each ASAP. You are not required to spend points when you level up so you can wait until you did your "challenges".

Ben Zyklon

Educated
Ha

only good guy companions
  • Nothing to find
Boring as fuck setting

I do not agree, they are good. Your problem was that you were metagaming. If you just play the game with your preferred game style you would still level it up, just slower. I level up all my skills during my play by just playing, I do not focus on trying to level up each ASAP. You are not required to spend points when you level up so you can wait until you did your "challenges".
Had to do it, stealth is garbage out of the box and your carry weight too, how can I level stealth naturally when my stealth is bad in the first place? believe me I tried to do it naturally but it wasn't working, I had to do it to be able to have some decent stealth gameplay which to be honest it didn't really happened until I got a chameleon armor and then it was completely overpowered with a silenced sniper which wasn't even a legendary one but once I got an armor ignoring, suppressed legendary sniper the enemies had 0 chance against myself and that happened at lvl 10.

Vic

Savant
yeah I can easily kill level 100 enemies with my lvl 54, and that’s the hardest enemies I can find in the level 75 solar systems, looter shooter system is just as unfinished as the rest

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

only good guy companions
  • Nothing to find
Boring as fuck setting

Ah yes the engaging not metagaming "hit autorun" and select either stealth or athleticim.. or the thrilling jump everywhere for acrobatics, or the myriad of other absolutely not metagaming grinds you totally didnt find benefactory in ES games..

potatojohn

Arcane
Ha

only good guy companions
  • Nothing to find
Boring as fuck setting

Had to do it, stealth is garbage out of the box and your carry weight too, how can I level stealth naturally when my stealth is bad in the first place? believe me I tried to do it naturally but it wasn't working, I had to do it to be able to have some decent stealth gameplay which to be honest it didn't really happened until I got a chameleon armor and then it was completely overpowered with a silenced sniper which wasn't even a legendary one but once I got an armor ignoring, suppressed legendary sniper the enemies had 0 chance against myself and that happened at lvl 10.
You clearly don't meet the IQ requirements to play Starfield and you're blaming your failure on the game.

abija

Prophet
Literally too dumb for a bethesda game. Did you try to metagame from the getgo and failed at it or what? Armor ignoring supressed legendary sniper at lvl 10 and complains about game being too easy lol :D

Normal behavior: use a supressed gun and slowly lvl stealth as you play. Focused behavior: find a planet with high fauna and shoot flyers or w/e else is easy. Shitty tryhard: get annoyed and start rambling about game design.

Last edited:

VHS9000

Novice
What is the need at all in Starfield if there is Starbound which is also

1) full of grind of the random generated "planets"
2) full of autistic base and ship building
3) made by cucks

and still have way more interesting sci-fantasy setting with nice lovecraftian touch and overall more fun, especially with FU installed. Muh NASA-punk is the worst design desicion Bethesda ever made.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I bet Todd put this out for the mod community to “finish.” It’s the lowest quality Todd from now on. GET TO WORK MODDERS!

Ben Zyklon

Educated

only good guy companions
  • Nothing to find
Boring as fuck setting

Ah yes the engaging not metagaming "hit autorun" and select either stealth or athleticim.. or the thrilling jump everywhere for acrobatics, or the myriad of other absolutely not metagaming grinds you totally didnt find benefactory in ES games..

Well thats a strawman because I never said that metagaming is impossible in other games or specifically in other Bethesda games. Metas wll always exist but a good game makes you want to play naturally and not really do metas, in fact a good game encourages you to try dumb shit to see if you can get away with it like those people that play completely charismatic characters in RPG's and avoid combat every step of the way, I'm sure there are top tier metas to build a combat character to oneshot everything yet this guys are avoiding combat all together when they can.

The point was that in this game metagaming is more encouraged and in some ways the only way to succeed and I personally prefer the skills to level up naturally as I use them because it feels more natural and not gamey, doing "challenges" feels like an arcade game not an RPG.

Ben Zyklon

Educated
What is the need at all in Starfield if there is Starbound wich is also

1) full of grind of the random generated "planets"
2) full of autistic base and ship building
3) made by cucks

and still have way more interesting sci-fantasy setting with nice lovecraftian touch and overall more fun, especially with FU installed. Muh NASA-punk is the worst design desicion Bethesda ever made.

Yeah as soon as I heard "NASAL punk" I cringed into Oblivion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom