Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

ind33d

Educated
couldn't you just make a mod that forces you to pay a monthly salary to your crewmates instead of hiring them for a lump sum? that would solve 99% of the issues of the game being pointless, since then you would be forced to take missions for credits. bethesda aren't stupid, this is the entire plot of Firefly and Cowboy Bebop. what happened?

Butter

Arcane
Patron
couldn't you just make a mod that forces you to pay a monthly salary to your crewmates instead of hiring them for a lump sum? that would solve 99% of the issues of the game being pointless, since then you would be forced to take missions for credits. bethesda aren't stupid, this is the entire plot of Firefly and Cowboy Bebop. what happened?
They didn't want their casual audience complaining that the economy is tight (see: well designed). Most players are terrified if their currency integer isn't always increasing.

PlayerEmers

Novice
They didn't want their casual audience complaining that the economy is tight (see: well designed). Most players are terrified if their currency integer isn't always increasing.
I still remember the fuel thing.
Bethesda will never implement any sort of immersive mechanic that requires some brain power if it antagonizes part of their fanbase... and you know the type of fanbase they have.

ind33d

Educated
lmao at the ranger questline giving you all the gear after one mission because there was no time to finish making content

ind33d

Educated
Sarah mentions a planet where her female mentor retired, am I supposed to go there myself or wait for a quest later on? I thought it would be marked in my Activities, but I don't see anything. I assume I'm just supposed to wait for her affinity to be higher. What was it called?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Sarah mentions a planet where her female mentor retired, am I supposed to go there myself or wait for a quest later on? I thought it would be marked in my Activities, but I don't see anything. I assume I'm just supposed to wait for her affinity to be higher. What was it called?

I suggest the uninstall button. But if you are actually curious, you do indeed wait it out. The story with her and her mentor is truly disturbing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom