Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stardock's last chance... Elemental: Fallen Enchantress released

Marsal

Arcane
The guy has Cleve potential. Too bad his games are garbage.

kris

Arcane
The guy has Cleve potential. Too bad his games are garbage.

At least he release them.
And by doing this crushes all your hopes. Cleve's refusal to do anything meaningful with Grimoire just fans the flames and lets you imagine the best game ever. By never releasing it he allows your hopes to be eternal.

sounds like all the codexers lovelives.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Is this real?
http://forums.elementalgame.com/436749

Supposedly that's him but I'm too lazy to actually confirm it. I thought he usually posted under something involving frogs. So not sure if it's Wardell or some other disgruntled and crazy Stardock employee.

That wasn't Brad Wardell. He posts as Frogboy and made some messages in that topic.
He is using both names, one of them when is posting from a corporate location, he has also computer named Toad, which OS was installed in 2011. So if you'd want to hack him you'd know you are in a correct location.

Baptismbyfire

Liturgist
As many had hoped and predicted, Fallen Enchantress must be doing piss poor in sales because it's already on sale for 33% discount at Gamersgate. And it still can't make the popular list.

That's what you get when you develop your game as if it were a pet project that no one but you can touch, and refuse to listen to constructive criticisms.

But, I'm sure he will blame it on the death of the 4x games.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
i'd say pirates. pirates never changes.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
There is also the off possibility that the game is shit, which is basically my conclusion after playing it a bit more. But no worries, they will fix it with the incoming 5$ map pack.

Internet

Scholar
Naahh, the game doesn't sell well because of those hateful trolls on the internet.

Multi-headed Cow

The game sold 50k two weeks in, apparently enough to warrant an expansion early next year.

http://forums.elementalgame.com/436082
http://forums.elementalgame.com/436968
I wonder if those sales numbers are counting free copies given to original Elemental owners. 'cause for a game that's supposedly Steamworks (At least I'm fairly sure non-Steam copies activate on Steam) it seems unusual it doesn't show up on the Steam stats page. For example, seemingly more people are playing Fable 3 right this minute than Fallen Enchantress.

Baptismbyfire

Liturgist
I doubt it sold so well, since it's already 33% off, when it's like Stardock's flagship title. I don't remember the Rebellion going on such a massive sale soon. They probably did include the free copies, even though you can buy DRM free version on their website. I know not everyone who buys games posts online, but there is barely any talk of this game anywhere online. Even the official forum seems quiet.

Wow, just checked. It was released on October 23rd. 33% sale in a month?!?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I dont believe it sold 50k. But then I wouldnt believe DC1 sold 250k so maybe Im not an expert on this topic. Are people really this bored?

DakaSha

Arcane
I don't think it being part of a steam sale is indicative of anything at all.

In any case I wont even be buying it now that its on sale because I guess I'm just to unhappy with myself and want to let it out on Wardell.

What a 15 year old teeny faggot girl

Marsal

Arcane
What a 15 year old teeny faggot girl

brad.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

Oh no! Due to the flash sale Fallen Enchantress has blipped on to the Steam stats page! WARDELL STRIKES AGAIN, PLUNDERING WALLETS AND LEAVING BAD GAMES AND DISAPPOINTMENT IN HIS WAKE!

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
No amount of changes short of starting from scratch could salvage the utterly awful, broken base this game is built off of, so I have basically no expectations. It's too bad, Stardock showed some potential with Sins of a Solar Empire, but it seems to have vanished quite quickly.

Multi-headed Cow

It's too bad, Stardock showed some potential with Sins of a Solar Empire
Probably because they didn't actually make it, they published it. They made sure to stamp their name over as much of it as possible and talk it up like a Stardock game though.

J1M

Arcane
Stardock doesn't need to make games anymore. Gamespot bought Impulse from them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom