Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stardock: female employee sues for sexual harassment, gets sued for fucking up Elemental

oscar

Arcane
Cases like this are usually bullshit but yeah Brad really was being a pervy freak here. For people defending him, would you want him behaving like that to your girlfriend or wife? No, you'd want to punch his teeth in.

If you consider yourself a conservative reactionary you'd think that also means having some class, dignity and :obviously: around females. Not behaving like a horny desperate weirdo.

Internet

Scholar
zmy9s.jpg

I know we are in a nerds' forum, so chances are a good amount of people hanging here does not have a healthy relationship with the other sex, but if you are not spitting your coffee after having read the third paragraph, you have a problem. The only question is how much they'll settle for.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
It's sad to see that people have fully internalized the norms of political correctness.

This isn't sexual harassment by any reasonable standard, it's just being a cretin.

But under U.S. law... probably sexual harassment.

This is why I'm forced to wear a mask at all times at work, never making jokes or acting friendly towards any of the females. Do something stupid and you risk an allegation of sexual harassment for what is really just cretinism.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ditto for PorkaMorka and :bro: OP for :troll:the :codexisfor:
Hope He will be ''Ein Mann Ein vort'' kind of Troll and close his firm/move it to China leaving all those buthurt females and betas males unemployed. I am sure White Knight State will be happy to provide them with better opportunities. :smug:
Only a Cretin endagers his own firm by acting like this true but he earned this right by being actual job creator.

Norfleet

This isn't sexual harassment by any reasonable standard, it's just being a cretin.
But that's what sexual harassment *IS*.

This is why I'm forced to wear a mask at all times at work, never making jokes or acting friendly towards any of the females. Do something stupid and you risk an allegation of sexual harassment for what is really just cretinism.
Well, you don't have to wear a mask, I don't think, but it is definitely extremely inappropriate to treat a coworker as anything other than a sexless neuter. You're not supposed to acknowledge them as anything other than sapient work-machines.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
If I would have sued everyone that harassed me in workplaces I would be rich already. Glory new world, have a problem with someone? Just sue his/her/its ass off!

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Poor Surf Solar, being hit on by nubile progressive rock ingenues.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
So if its female to male harassment its suddenly ok, eh? You know what the boss there (also female) said when I complained? "Grow a backbone, its normal here, else there is the door" which I gladly used. No need for fucking lawsuits.

Norfleet

So if its female to male harassment its suddenly ok, eh? You know what the boss there (also female) said when I complained? "Grow a backbone, its normal here, else there is the door" which I gladly used. No need for fucking lawsuits.
Well, it's a pattern that's considered to be less sue-worthy under our present cultural norms. Whether or not this is RIGHT, well, that's not how things work. Not that things work. Society isn't a coherent and internally consistent set of rules, it's a massive kludge of spaghetti code built up by programmers who have since ceased to be working there.

Morkar Left

Where was that? I want to work for her if the payment is good!

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
It was a pretty big "Zoofachgeschaeft" (dunno the english word, animal shop?)

And trust me, this sounds "sexier" than it is if you consider the age and general behaviour of these people there.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Well, it's a pattern that's considered to be less sue-worthy under our present cultural norms. Whether or not this is RIGHT, well, that's not how things work. Not that things work. Society isn't a coherent and internally consistent set of rules, it's a massive kludge of spaghetti code built up by programmers who have since ceased to be working there.

Exactly why I was calling out on this, it is nothing more than hipocrisy.

Morkar Left

What caused her to yell at you that you should grow a backbone? If your work sucked it was approbiate (okay, not really), if she tried to get in your pants it is different...

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
The work was ok, I enjoy working with animals (no, I dont mean the coworkers :D ).

And no one wanted to get in my pants, more smaller stuff like them grabbing your ass while passing by etc, they did that to other male coworkers too (especially the trainees). I eventually complained to the boss about it and as a result I suddenly had to do the most labourous and hard work as a "punishment" while getting constantly nabbed at even more - this resulted in me complaining again and eventually just throwing the towel. Still, dont see a reason why people should sue each other all the fucking time.

oscar

Arcane
I really don't see the problem there. Were you in physical pain?

Machine

Arbiter
Lookit these strong internet men that are 35 yo virgins. How about defining your insecurity through closet homo leather wearing neonazi shtick and never standing up for anything in your life except making angry forum posts? oh wait ...

If that was you and you wouldnt sue, you are literal retard that dont know how world works, I bet she's already counting the money :yeah:

Morkar Left

Well, if you don't see a reason that it is wrong to get you sexually harassed then it's obviously your problem. But I agree to sue for such a low level job isn't worth the effort, especially when you can't prove it. As a male it's even harder to do.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I really don't see the problem there. Were you in physical pain?

Was the women in the OP in physical pain?

And yeah just because I am not really keen on 50 year old hag asking male coworkers about their cocks all the fucking time or grabbing you with that crazy look I must be a closet homosexual, that makes sense, Machine.

Misconnected

Savant
But that's utterly irrelevant since the whole point of starting a business of your own is to have no fucker telling you how should you dress, act or speak on your own premises.

No, that's the point of buying a house. The point of starting a business is making monies. That you happen to own a place of business does not make it your private space. Again, if that is what you're after you should be looking for private real estate, not a place of business, ballroom, the middle of a police station or whatever other silly thing you can think of.

If your cretinous behaviour is racist in nature, it's one sub-type of harassment. If it's sexual in nature it's a different sub-type of harassment. There's a small pile of different sub-types covering a broad spectrum of dickish behaviours. She's not accusing him of being a rapist or anything remotely similar. She's accusing him of being a bigger sack of shit to work with than he has any right to be. And he's doing a pretty fantastic job of proving her right. Like Mondblut, he appears to be operating under the misconception that because he is the boss, he's free to behave at work like he does in private.

Protection from harassment isn't about anything PC. It's simply giving people a way out of abusive situations they can't otherwise get easily out of (if at all... There's asshats in the army too, for example).

Spectacle offered the perfect solution for business owners who can't manage to moderate their behaviour while at work: hire someone to do the job for you and stay home. Nobody's going to cry foul or try to stop you from being 10 kinds of asshole in private.

Norfleet

Exactly why I was calling out on this, it is nothing more than hipocrisy.
Well, not quite. Hypocrisy is when someone espouses one view and then does the opposite for themselves. But as I said, society isn't a single entity and has no really coherent position. It's not an entity with conscious volition, any more than a swarm of ants makes a conscious decision to turn you into a defleshinated skeleton.

Keshik

Arcane
Wardell sounds classy. Jokes and negative remarks about his family are eh, touching her hair though ?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Well, I already figured on this guy being a massive douchebag years back when he made that post on forums about how he owns a company and therefore is automatically right.

The woman is probably an evil bitch too (marketing manager? I think that goes somewhere between people running home shopping networks and lawyers on the rankings of jobs only a complete ass would have) so I hope they cost each other a lot of time, money and effort.

Also, note that these laws don't mean you can't have a workplace with lewd jokes and a casual atmosphere, even with women around; the women just need to be in on it. It's when someone makes it clear you're bothering them and you refuse to stop that you're crossing the line.

But hey, if you want to work for douchebags, there's probably a lot more employee turnover with them. Enjoy your new boss:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom