Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News StarCrawlers crawls to Early Access

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hey, this looks pretty fun. Did anyone get it? I am real tempted.

Edit: Just found the right thread, nm.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I must've blinked :)

How is your game going Charles? Weren't you doing a super dooper updated version?
or was it a sequel with a new engine?
Maybe this isn't the proper place to pimp your game but EA games aren't (mostly) worth talking about until they are released imo.

Last edited:

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
I must've blinked :)

How is your game going Charles? Weren't you doing a super dooper updated version?
or was it a sequel with a new engine?
Maybe this isn't the proper place to pimp your game but EA games aren't (mostly) worth talking about until they are released imo.

Must... post... update...

Soon! :)

[PIMP](Both a new version and new game on newly built engine)[/PIMP]

The Spaceshock guy was on the fence about combat and eventually picked TB. At first it was first person then combat switched to isometric. That caused some confusion that probably hurt his crowdfunding. He's still updating but like the guy says, he isn't allowed to work significantly on the game as he is under contract for another company.

Strangely this is the first I hear of Starcrawlers.

I suggest playing in fifteen minute increments, or waiting until final release. The game is hardly finalized. Even quests are missing. As far as gameplay, it appears to appeal to both hardcore and casual players, with a mixture of dialogue options and devious puzzles, but then a more "casual" blobber feel to the combat, simplistic and similar to Might & Magic, as opposed to Wizardry.

Balance could use a little work. Classes are uneven. Terrain is a little bland, but procedurally generated, as are items. Plenty of hard puzzles, which appear hand-crafted, or at least semi-devious. Combat is uninteresting thus far, with enemies being rather generic, and with few abilities. The same can be said of characters, as the skilltrees are not complex, just base skills--no passives, or modifiers--just a simple pyramid, where one ability leads to the next.

However, the abilities seem varied enough to make the game exciting, such the one where you can toss a coin, if it lands heads you deal maximum damage; if it lands tails, you lose a coin, and deal none.

Some abilities can turn on you, however...

Such as the void psyker overloading on dark magick, or certain abilities that have a chance of backfiring on your own party members.

As I said, a very strange mix between casual and hardcore, which appears to conflict, rather than contrast. At present, due to the homogenized aspects, it appears patchwork. I would wait until a final release, where the elements might finally congeal, due to player feedback.

This appears more M&M than Wizardry, at present. ;)

Dawnrazor

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
with a mixture of dialogue options and devious puzzlesr

Um there's not really any dialogue options except for the 1 mission you first take (though I did see one come up in a random map once, but that was out of over 100 maps played). And I'm not sure what these devious puzzles are? They was only one puzzle (again) in the first mission (red,yellow,red,yellow which actually was well done). I've not seen any other puzzles at all.

with a mixture of dialogue options and devious puzzlesr

Um there's not really any dialogue options except for the 1 mission you first take (though I did see one come up in a random map once, but that was out of over 100 maps played). And I'm not sure what these devious puzzles are? They was only one puzzle (again) in the first mission (red,yellow,red,yellow which actually was well done). I've not seen any other puzzles at all.

Fair quote. I didn't get far, just enough to sample. I don't want to spoil the final release, as the initial product is still unfinished.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom