Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starcraft 2 editor...Holy fuck it's awesome.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
So basically Blizzard are wasting their time turning Starcraft 2 into an FPS/RPGMaker instead of making a decent RTS?

I like how he keeps saying the maps are put together by "trained professionals". lulz

Stereotypical Villain said:
I'd rather they abandon Starcraft and Diablo and try to create something new, like the stuff they created back in the 90's
... you mean like when they created Diablo and Starcraft?

ShavenApe

Novice
Personally, I'd rather they just finished the damn game than making sure it can run poor-quality 3rd person environments. Maybe this is a sign of their intent to create a Starcraft MMO out of it? Didn't they build WOW out of an enhanced WC3 engine? :roll:

Moray

Scholar
DarkUnderlord said:
I like how he keeps saying the maps are put together by "trained professionals". lulz

I'd bet a good sum of money that no matter what sort of maps Blizzard puts out, just given the size of the player-base there are at least a few people out there who will put out better designed and more creative material than Blizzard could ever do.

J1M

Arcane
Moray said:
DarkUnderlord said:

I'd bet a good sum of money that no matter what sort of maps Blizzard puts out, just given the size of the player-base there are at least a few people out there who will put out better designed and more creative material than Blizzard could ever do.
They know that and are counting on it. They want to hire those people.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Enjoy buying all that shit as DLC from Cattle.net marketplace.
I already see it - the impossibility to play SC2 on some random server because you need to buy more random DLC shit that crappy modders will put out as it will be installed on that server.

Kraszu

Prophet
MetalCraze said:
Enjoy buying all that shit as DLC from Cattle.net marketplace.
I already see it - the impossibility to play SC2 on some random server because you need to buy more random DLC shit that crappy modders will put out as it will be installed on that server.

Yes modders will change server with UMS maps for sure :roll:

This editor has nothing to do with the server.

ever

Scholar
Azrael the cat said:
I'd laugh if a piece of development software came out that created a perfectly realistic physics environment, and that then became standard for all games. Mainly because I get this mental image of 99% of all character artists having to redesign all of their female characters to stop them from falling on their face and ass respectively. The next Tomb Raider game would have Lara Croft using a backpack full of diving weights just so they keep the character upright without changing her appearance.

No this would not be the case at all.

Dark Matter

Prophet
The Blizzard hate in this thread is just pathetic. Them showing the power of their editor obviously means they're not working on the actual game. :roll:

Please try harder.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Azrael the cat said:
They've announced that after SC2 and Diable 3, they're not making any more games in their existing franchises, but will try to develop a new set of franchises.
Link?

Dark Matter

Prophet
I hope they don't make any new franchises because it will invariably end up being a multiplatform consolozed action game or shooter or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom