Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starcraft 2 editor...Holy fuck it's awesome.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
u guys are impressed by that..?

Well if u guys play �Wow i guess u dont have high standards.

I laffed at the ppl cheering,,, Blizz could have showed em a turd and they would cheer like no tomorrow.

The nerd cult surrounding this company is pathetic.

I stopped playing Blizz games after the story rape that is WC3 - Wow.

I'll sum up the story of all blizz games...

1:Hi u wanna play?
2:Sure, but i'm emo and i will die easy.
1:dont worry i'll help u.
2:oh thx for saving mah life.
1:Hey np we are friends.
2:I'LL KILL U!
End.

Yeah i know it makes no sense.

Yeah vote me down u lifeless nerds.

Liking Blizzard is now officially uncool among retards. Does this mean their games are great again?

Blizzard sucks because all their games are wrought from the same boring mold. I'd rather they abandon Starcraft and Diablo and try to create something new, like the stuff they created back in the 90's, but one can only dream.

As for the actual video: I guess that's enough to make up for the lack of lan support.

Silellak

Cipher
That's pretty damn impressive. I guess maybe Blizzard hopes fans will finally finish Starcraft: Ghost for them?

Multi-headed Cow

Silellak said:
That's pretty damn impressive. I guess maybe Blizzard hopes fans will finally finish Starcraft: Ghost for them?
And sell it on the Starcraft 2 marketplace so Blizzard gets a cut.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Blizz could have showed em a turd and they would cheer like no tomorrow.
The retard got one thing right. I saw this video a while back and it was pretty impressive.

I like the comment OMG PLZ PUT NOVA IN THE GAME SHE IS SUCH A GOOD CHARACTER
She's a CGI blonde chick with a perfect body, deepest character ever (if you know what I mean, I mean the depth of her vagina which I want to put my penis in cause she's got a big ass ROFL)

Shiny

Novice
How dare they soil the memory of the poor lost vikings with their Galaga filth!!! I remember taking fatty, beardy and swordy all around the alien infested levels and not once did I see a protoss mothership... Otherwise looks promising

Shiny

Novice
kingcomrade said:
(if you know what I mean, I mean the depth of her vagina which I want to put my penis in cause she's got a big ass ROFL)

Ever the subtle one Kingy

Kortalh

Liturgist
"We're actually playing an RTS game underground!"

Congratulations on finally catching up to Dungeon Keeper, Blizzard.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Stereotypical Villain said:
Blizzard sucks because all their games are wrought from the same boring mold. I'd rather they abandon Starcraft and Diablo and try to create something new, like the stuff they created back in the 90's, but one can only dream.

As for the actual video: I guess that's enough to make up for the lack of lan support.

Hey, I kind of agree. But one thing you have to admire about Blizzard is their loyalty to the PC platform. Their games a so popular on PC, they see no need to go the way of virtually every other developer/publisher and console fuck their games.

ShavenApe

Novice
Dirk Diggler said:
That does look good. But is all of that whooping and cheering necessary?
I reckon they shipped the rent-a-nerd-swarm from a nearby Apple product-preview/pimping. These were probably the same people that cried during the Star wars episode 1 trailer.

WholesaleGenocide

Liturgist
Looks pretty decent, though just because it's powerful doesn't mean anything of use will ever be made in it. For example, WC3 had a pretty good editor (better than Starcraft's, for example) and yet 99.999% of everything created with it was SHIT SHIT SHIT. I quite enjoyed the "RPGs" from the SC era, and yet when people finally got their hands on a save/load system in WC3 they decided to make every single rpg a boring fucking mmo grind.

In b4 a million tower defenses, shitty mmos, dull survival-oriented zombie games, and horrible fanfic masturbation fests.

WholesaleGenocide said:
In b4 a million tower defenses, shitty mmos, dull survival-oriented zombie games, and horrible fanfic masturbation fests.

As the blizzard fans would say: WHOOOO! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH! WOOOOOOO!

As i would say: Meh.

Stereotypical Villain said:

They've announced that after SC2 and Diable 3, they're not making any more games in their existing franchises, but will try to develop a new set of franchises.

WholesaleGenocide said:
Looks pretty decent, though just because it's powerful doesn't mean anything of use will ever be made in it. For example, WC3 had a pretty good editor (better than Starcraft's, for example) and yet 99.999% of everything created with it was SHIT SHIT SHIT. I quite enjoyed the "RPGs" from the SC era, and yet when people finally got their hands on a save/load system in WC3 they decided to make every single rpg a boring fucking mmo grind.

This man speaks the truth

Moray

Scholar
WholesaleGenocide said:

There were quite a lot of shitty Use Map Settings game in the original, but then there were a number of quality gems among the trash. There were a few of the "RPG" maps that were quite well done, as well as some various defense maps (ones that pitted player vs. player, anyway), and what were my personal favourites, the LOTR-based maps.

The true power of this new editor:

They found a way to make that female Ghosts' butt even bigger than it was in the old advertisements.

Didn't even know that was possible. Next they'll have full jiggle programed in.

kris

Arcane
Like I mentioned in another thread, these other things don't interest me. The ability to make a shitty unresponsive shooter in the editor is really just pointless. It is the quality of the RTS maps/campaigns and the ease you can make those that are important.

L'ennui

Magister
kris said:
Like I mentioned in another thread, these other things don't interest me. The ability to make a shitty unresponsive shooter in the editor is really just pointless. It is the quality of the RTS maps/campaigns and the ease you can make those that are important.

If I want to play a crap 3rd person shooter, I'll go play Outwars instead of this lame-looking borefest.

Although it's still nice as an indicator of what the engine/editor can do, I hope better stuff than this can come out of it.

Genma:TheDestroyer said:
The true power of this new editor:

They found a way to make that female Ghosts' butt even bigger than it was in the old advertisements.

Didn't even know that was possible. Next they'll have full jiggle programed in.

I'd laugh if a piece of development software came out that created a perfectly realistic physics environment, and that then became standard for all games. Mainly because I get this mental image of 99% of all character artists having to redesign all of their female characters to stop them from falling on their face and ass respectively. The next Tomb Raider game would have Lara Croft using a backpack full of diving weights just so they keep the character upright without changing her appearance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom