Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Deleted member 7219

I got busy with work so I didn't have much time to spend on the game the past few weeks.

Now I'm back, will try to complete the BH storyline. LV 30 right now, about to head to Alderaan.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Just started playing Jedi Consular. While the start was very underwhelming (in comparison to Sith Lord) now things start looking a little bit... different than I expected. Perhaps different gameplay from what I am used to helps here in this case.

Also, Knights of the Fallen empire proved to be a marked improvement over other dlc... but only storywise. Gameplay still comes down to going down corridors. Meh.
What's your character name? I'm almost done with my Trooper so if you're leveling a Pub, I have a Sentinel and a Gunslinger that need to be leveled.

Edit: Or we can run some FP right now or somethin

It's Malac-ross. I already friended all your pub chars.
Okay you're a ranged character, I'll play my Sentinel. She's mid 20s I believe. I chose to start with Nar Shadaa instead of Taris for the class quests so sounds like a good match (once I finish the Trooper storyline).

hakuroshi

Augur
Got a sharp reminder how shitty was all pre-4.0 questing . I've never done imp Taris bonus series and decided to look with my BH. It is essentially unchanged in terms of gameplay - tons of trash mobs and endless chain of mundane quests (some dialogues were OK, at least funny somewhat) which seemed to drag forewer. I think I've wasted more time on it than in all Taris planet story and class quest combined.

Gideon

Novice
Got a sharp reminder how shitty was all pre-4.0 questing . I've never done imp Taris bonus series and decided to look with my BH. It is essentially unchanged in terms of gameplay - tons of trash mobs and endless chain of mundane quests (some dialogues were OK, at least funny somewhat) which seemed to drag forewer. I think I've wasted more time on it than in all Taris planet story and class quest combined.
Yeah, the sidequests can be pretty boring. The changes they made as regards to critical paths in questing plus level scaling, in my opinion, seems to be a good decision.

By the way, since you're going through the BH storyline, do the dialogues allow for an edgy badass BH? All I can remember when I leveled one, was how comical the BH was, much like the smuggler.

hakuroshi

Augur
By the way, since you're going through the BH storyline, do the dialogues allow for an edgy badass BH? All I can remember when I leveled one, was how comical the BH was, much like the smuggler.

I don't find him comical on par with the Smuggler, but... I try to play him as a pragmatical bastard, which sometime do lead to comical situations. ('You say double?" - shoots the cuckolded husband). There seem to be options for more agressive approach in dialogues like boasting and throwing insults, but I rarely use them. Most I can remember is that you can beat into submission an obnoxious noble on Alderaan but it is again looked to me more comical than badass.

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

I don't find him comical on par with the Smuggler, but... I try to play him as a pragmatical bastard, which sometime do lead to comical situations. ('You say double?" - shoots the cuckolded husband). There seem to be options for more agressive approach in dialogues like boasting and throwing insults, but I rarely use them. Most I can remember is that you can beat into submission an obnoxious noble on Alderaan but it is again looked to me more comical than badass.
Gotta say, you've got some ultra-troll options as a Trooper.

Deleted member 7219

Are you starting to understand why I was saying the Trooper was one of the best classes I've played?

Good companions. Excellent troll dialogue options. Great voice actress. And you probably haven't got into the biggest troll you can do in the entire game.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

Are you starting to understand why I was saying the Trooper was one of the best classes I've played?

Good companions. Excellent troll dialogue options. Great voice actress. And you probably haven't got into the biggest troll you can do in the entire game.
I did (finished storyline yesterday), and it's recorded :)

Deleted member 7219

Constantly backchatting Garza is one of the most fun things I've done in SWTOR, and her reaction to that didn't disappoint.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

Constantly backchatting Garza is one of the most fun things I've done in SWTOR, and her reaction to that didn't disappoint.
Pistol executing is the best because you actually end up killing people, rather than just Force Persuading or and Choking/Lightning for the majority of time is non-lethal. Granted the times when you Force Choke someone and throw them against a wall are badass.

I've been recording everything so I'm gonna make some mixes of the good/ridiculous cinematic occurences.. Smuggler asking where his ship is... Every Sith/Jedi kill... an M1-4X dialogue compilation.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Just started playing Jedi Consular. While the start was very underwhelming (in comparison to Sith Lord) now things start looking a little bit... different than I expected. Perhaps different gameplay from what I am used to helps here in this case.

Also, Knights of the Fallen empire proved to be a marked improvement over other dlc... but only storywise. Gameplay still comes down to going down corridors. Meh.
What's your character name? I'm almost done with my Trooper so if you're leveling a Pub, I have a Sentinel and a Gunslinger that need to be leveled.

Okay you're a ranged character, I'll play my Sentinel. She's mid 20s I believe. I chose to start with Nar Shadaa instead of Taris for the class quests so sounds like a good match (once I finish the Trooper storyline).

Yo, Bro. Fair enough but when do you play, GMT?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
5nurud.jpg

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
STO loses it's appeal once you hit the Admiral ranks. Everything is very much old hat after that point, even if you start playing with another character. I can't even continue with the storyline anymore because the combat gets so unbelievably grinding that it makes me want to choke myself to death with Legion 's mom's anal beads.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Everything is very much old hat after that point, even if you start playing with another character. I can't even continue with the storyline anymore because the combat gets so unbelievably grinding that it makes me want to choke myself to death with Legion 's mom's anal beads.
Can't tell which MMO you're talking about.

Oh wait, all MMOs.

A little past midnight GMT lol

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Everything is very much old hat after that point, even if you start playing with another character. I can't even continue with the storyline anymore because the combat gets so unbelievably grinding that it makes me want to choke myself to death with Legion 's mom's anal beads.
Can't tell which MMO you're talking about.

Oh wait, all MMOs.

Actually I'm NEET status so I play when I don't sleep. 1700 GMT to 0500 GMT or somethin. LOL.

(But I have other characters so I'll be at your level/planet/storyline-status still.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
75% off one of the pistols in the CM btw. Not the greatest but maybe you'll like it. And could be a good way to spend your monthly stipend. (I'm gonna grab a GTN for the Guild Stronghold btw)

Though... my stipend hasn't come in yet.

Last edited:

Mrowak

Arcane
Actually I'm NEET status so I play when I don't sleep. 1700 GMT to 0500 GMT or somethin. LOL.

(But I have other characters so I'll be at your level/planet/storyline-status still.

I usuall start playing around 7 pm GMT for 2-3 hours. If you have time, I'd do some flashpoints today. I must level myc character a bit. It turned out that when enemies outlevel you by say 6 levels you cannot do any damage to them AT ALL. And here I was steamrolling corridors with underlevelled character only to be cheesed out by plot boss at the end.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

I usuall start playing around 7 pm GMT for 2-3 hours. If you have time, I'd do some flashpoints today. I must level myc character a bit. It turned out that when enemies outlevel you by say 6 levels you cannot do any damage to them AT ALL. And here I was steamrolling corridors with underlevelled character only to be cheesed out by plot boss at the end.
I'm on my BH right now but I'll switch over in around 1/2 an hour. Ping me on Imp side if you don't see me.

Also, what planet are you on?

My Sentinel is doing Tatooine & Alderaan
My Gunslinger is on Taris & Nar Shadaa

So I figure we can match planets and do our storylines together. We can assist class storylines if we set an option.

(Unless you want to do FP, which is perfectly fine with me.)

Mrowak

Arcane

I'm on my BH right now but I'll switch over in around 1/2 an hour. Ping me on Imp side if you don't see me.

Also, what planet are you on?

My Sentinel is doing Tatooine & Alderaan
My Gunslinger is on Taris & Nar Shadaa

So I figure we can match planets and do our storylines together. We can assist class storylines if we set an option.

(Unless you want to do FP, which is perfectly fine with me.)

Fair enough, I am on Alderaan doing some side-quests.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Trooper may have a below average storyline, but it has some of the best choices (and weird shit):

REAL spoiler warning:

Deleted member 7219

I really enjoyed playing the Trooper. It was fun all the way through... the revenge stuff in Chapter 1, humiliating the Cathar companion at every opportunity, backchatting Garza, pissing people off, chatting shit with Tanno Vik. My character was in it for the violence and the credits.

And yeah, that Senator bit was fucking amazing and one of the best parts of the entire game for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom