Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I only logged in for a short time after patching yesterday to finally finish listening to the companions blubbering.

a) Ashara wasn't worth it, I want my presents back
b) Since the patch removed companions gear but left their shirt on, all companions are not wearing pants. First convo was Quinn the traitor flirting with my Lord Buggyname while wearing no pants. DAFUQ!
c) Heroic moment had to be relearned and has now a 5 min cooldown and 2 mins uptime (for me at least, completionists may even get more out of it). WTF, does Bioware think we are to stupid to survive?
d) Apparentely I could have played forged alliances all along, it just doesn't show up on the ship terminal for non-subs
e) Higher level slicing tasks only return 1/3 of the money invested? I understand making it pay shitty, but making a loss on rich yield? Thankfully you do not need to level it anymore.
f) The quisi standing behind me had boneface healing him. "Don't die on me" sounds sooooo wrong out of his mouth.

I'm tempted to reinstall and wallow in the decline because Star Wars nostalgia. Any thoughts on classes? I have a max level(?) Sith Warrior and ImpAgent from Vanilla, but maybe I should use that free lv60 to make a bluside.
Jedi Consular of course. You get a good class without having to endure the shitty story, and get the chance to see if there is any difference between imp and pub (my guess: not really). You only get a free lvl60 if you have KOTFE though, so at the very least you have to sub before the 27th.
Also how can you not have a Sorcerer? All the cool kids have one!

Edit: If KOTFE only offers 10h of playtime it's not that bad, considering that the class quests took only slightly longer during the x12 phase. I still haven't played the Revan DLC, so one meager month of sub giveth me enough content for my bucks.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

:salute:

I'll empty a bottle of absinth and roll up a Khajiit Cathar Consular

The story is actually good, way better than anything in the original game. Good enough to play sober.

Once I'm done with the chapters released so far, I'll go back to my Trooper and finish off her class story, and then maybe do the BH. I'll be buying a couple of bottles of Kraken spiced rum for that.

Deleted member 7219

:what:

On a scale from Jedi Guardian to Imperial Agent, where would you put it?

:hahyou:

Can't do a proper comparison until I finish it but the set pieces seem to better than most of the class story ones, there's a lot less running around, and the companions actually are tied to the story now.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Changes and fixes are all nice, but people are playing an mmo for the content, and if the content is not sufficient to hold off till the next story patch then people will unsub.
Anybody sane would not be playing SWTOR as an MMO. They would be playing a good MMO.

hakuroshi

Augur
Both of the packs are containing the armour are listed as unavailable. Were they a limited offer or do the packs return at some point?

Also is there anything in either the arms or armour crafting trees that make it worth leveling for? I was quite far into the armour tree. But I noticed that commendations gave better armour and weapons and that artificer makes light saber crystals. Something I really need since light saber drops are damn rare. And the ones I do get are low on the DPS scale.

There is now so-called "gold armor pack" on CM which can contain one super-rare armor set from previous packs including this one, but the chances are slim. It is indeed better to search GTN as advised but prepare to cash 10 mil or something like that. Also if you are on Red Eclipse by chance I can trade this set to you for more reasonable price.

Now when commendation trade only for green mods crafting can wield better results then slotting, though I did not test it much.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
5nurud.jpg

JasonNH

Augur
Expansion exceeded my expectations. Was basically like playing a mass effect game until you get to the alliance stuff when you're suddenly dropped into KOTOR 3.

Some of the one liners actually made me chuckle, and one scene even got an audible laugh from me. They went all in on this, and I think it's the right thing to do in order to differentiate themselves from other MMOs.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Expansion exceeded my expectations. Was basically like playing a mass effect game until you get to the alliance stuff when you're suddenly dropped into KOTOR 3.

Some of the one liners actually made me chuckle, and one scene even got an audible laugh from me. They went all in on this, and I think it's the right thing to do in order to differentiate themselves from other MMOs.
Apparently this is how the conversations with companions are in the expansion. Because they actually CUT voice acting from the player character, obviously to save resources to work on other aspects of the game (and soooo many people are complaining).

AllianceClassicConvo_854x480.jpg

JasonNH

Augur
Yup, doesn't bother me at all, but that may be because I was playing the worst VO in the game - male consular.

Deleted member 7219

Weird. Everything I am playing right now is like The Old Republic, but with better writers. The dialogue and cutscenes are pretty good. I'm lv 64, on Chapter VII.

I don't know why it would suddenly change to that conversation format.... it would be a whole different game. Maybe a better one, but completely different... and in the same expansion.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Yup, doesn't bother me at all, but that may be because I was playing the worst VO in the game - male consular.
Look. For the Consular. You gotta make yourself look like Superman. Nolan North voiced Superboy/Superman in Young Justice and for me it matches really well:

PPvHHo0.jpg

---

Also I just made 160CC from my two old mains, because they fixed how you weren't getting achievements retroactively. It now recognizes that I finished the Agent and Inquisitor Class Stories. Thank fucking god.

Also Security Key gives you extra 100CC per month (so 600CC for subs instead of 500CC). And you can do it with just a free app, which is surprisingly really lightweight and easy to use as all it does is list a 6 digit number which you enter into the box. It possibly does not look into anything else in your phone because you tie the app to your account via a entering a code into the app rather than entering your phone number or anything.

---

Now does anyone wanna post a Referral Key so I can make you money instead of giving it to someone else? I was thinking about just trading them in this thread, and posted mine earlier. I can repost.

Last edited:

JasonNH

Augur
I don't know why it would suddenly change to that conversation format.... it would be a whole different game. Maybe a better one, but completely different... and in the same expansion.

I think Mangoose already hit on it - cost ... and related to that, time to market. I think they intend to make these alliance quests come in at a quicker pace and want to reduce the overhead of development time. Even for Bioware I have to think that VO is a pain in the ass and a drag on getting things done. As far as I am concerned, it's a nice compromise for what I think they're planning with these.

I admit it was a bit jarring.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
That is indeed disappointing, not sure how they could launch such a short expansion and think it would satisfy the playerbase until next year when they plan to release new chapters
finsihed it ~5 hours story content until you finished chapter 9 (everything so far)
meh
will drop PvE dreck now and resume PvP

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
finsihed it ~5 hours story content until you finished chapter 9 (everything so far)
meh
will drop PvE dreck now and resume PvP
Oh my god,swtor has PvP? I thought it was a myth.
I remember pressing the pvp button one time and let's say...pressing that button was the only pvp experience i got in swtor :lol:

Deleted member 7219

Anyone on Red Eclipse who wants to team up, my characters are the following:

Vilrost - Main, Juggernaut, 65
Krenchrada - Sniper, 50
Shudder - Sorcerer, 50
Tarnith - Sentinel, 50
Leyaana - Commando, 50

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Anyone on Red Eclipse who wants to team up, my characters are the following:

Vilrost - Main, Juggernaut, 65
Krenchrada - Sniper, 50
Shudder - Sorcerer, 50
Tarnith - Sentinel, 50
Leyaana - Commando, 50
I'll invite you to the (imperial) guild when I'm not lazy enough to log onto my main.

Edit: Actually I just added your characters as friends of A'napkin. But I'm not playing him at the moment so um... I might just add you with all my other alts too.

Last edited:

Echo Mirage

Arcane
A question about "Bind to legacy" does this mean that the weapon or item is stored in some collection or legacy menu so I can get another if I lose it? Or does it mean I can just pass it around between my characters and that's it?

The whole "bind" part made think it was as it said. Something in my legacy tab. But I see nothing there.

Crazed Weevil

Prophet
A question about "Bind to legacy" does this mean that the weapon or item is stored in some collection or legacy menu so I can get another if I lose it? Or does it mean I can just pass it around between my characters and that's it?

The whole "bind" part made think it was as it said. Something in my legacy tab. But I see nothing there.
You can just pass the item around your characters...got nothing to do with the Legacy tab. A few Bind to Legacy items appear in your 'Collections' so you can pull extras from there though...

Echo Mirage

Arcane
You can just pass the item around your characters...got nothing to do with the Legacy tab. A few Bind to Legacy items appear in your 'Collections' so you can pull extras from there though...

I was looking all over the collections tab for legacy main hand weapons and didn't find it listed at all. Only a collection of cartel weapons that appear to be about as useful as the weapon you are given after character creation. Makes me wonder why its even called "Legacy" when it has next to nothing to do with it. But I may find a use for it if I decide to reroll my Sith Warrior at some point.

Speaking of rerolling. I'm giving serious thought to scrapping all the work I have put into armour crafting and going with artificer. Or perhaps synthweaving. Right now I'm outstripping anything I can craft just by leveling and buying items with what was commendations.

Also. is it me or does it feel like some companions were given to the wrong classes? Or that character stories got mixed up at some point? Vette feels like she would belong with an Imp Agent. She dislikes almost everything that comes out of a Sith Warriors mouth besides getting paid. While Kaliyo would have fit quite well with a Sith since she disagrees with everything coming out of the Agents mouth and likes the violence a Sith warrior can often do.

Last edited:

Crazed Weevil

Prophet
I was looking all over the collections tab for legacy main hand weapons and didn't find it listed at all. Only a collection of cartel weapons that appear to be about as useful as the weapon you are given after character creation. Makes me wonder why its even called "Legacy" when it has next to nothing to do with it. But I may find a use for it if I decide to reroll my Sith Warrior at some point.

Speaking of rerolling. I'm giving serious thought to scrapping all the work I have put into armour crafting and going with artificer. Or perhaps synthweaving. Right now I'm outstripping anything I can craft just by leveling and buying items with what was commendations.

Also. is it me or does it feel like some companions were given to the wrong classes? Or that character stories got mixed up at some point? Vette feels like she would belong with an Imp Agent. She dislikes almost everything that comes out of a Sith Warriors mouth besides getting paid. While Kaliyo would have fit quite well with a Sith since she disagrees with everything coming out of the Agents mouth and likes the violence a Sith warrior can often do.
Legacy is just Bioware's why of saying Account. The Cartel Market weapons are orange items...you are supposed to put mods into it to make them better. Just spend your comms to update the mods.

None of the crafting stuff is that useful unless you have the mats to support them from either the market or an alt. They did simplify the mats recently so I should be easier to do...

As to the companions, they can seem a bit weird, but they are a nice mix...goodies with bady classes, baddies with goody classes...makes things more interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom