Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Glyphwright

Clockwork Knight said:
Why would he have lines?
Why did he have lines, hidden messages, solo missions and a funky relationship with HK-47 in TSL?

Mastermind said:
lol @ tsl having better characters. Better developed maybe
:roll:

Mastermind said:
but I was so used to clicking past their voice-overs and selecting responses at random, it was almost as if Obsidian wasted their time trying to make a decent game out of Bioware-generated refuse.

Tails

Arbiter
"kotor1 AND kotor2 = SAME SHIT"
Wasn't it your most favourite Bio game when it was released, like NWN?

I have yet to hear why Kotor2 is so superior to Kotor. The combat is worse, the prestige levels make the game even easier, the story is just as banal, and it's ridiculously unfinished and bug-ridden. How is it better again?

cogar48

Educated
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
I have yet to hear why Kotor2 is so superior to Kotor. The combat is worse, the prestige levels make the game even easier, the story is just as banal, and it's ridiculously unfinished and bug-ridden. How is it better again?

I have to wonder if you believe the stupid shit you post.

Okay, and explain why it's better. If it is so obviously better, it should be easy to explain. As it stands it seems like standard Obsidshit.

cogar48

Educated
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
Okay, and explain why it's better. If it is so obviously better, it should be easy to explain. As it stands it seems like standard Obsidshit.

Better characters, a better story, a reputation mechanic, darker world, etc.

Of course the response will be "HERP THE CHARACTERS AND STORY ARE SHIT THE REPUTATION MECHANIC IS SHIT AND IT'S A PSEUDO-DARK WORLD" which is why I'm not going to continue the conversation passed this point. I'd rather let someone else waste their time.

I said the story was better. It's just still a bad story. Seriously, what's so transcendent about the story to make up for the horrid gameplay and the general shoddiness of the final product?

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Both games are bad.

But KOTOR2 should be condemned more loudly, as it is notable as another step in the dumbing down of RPG difficulty.

I don't know how anyone could find that combat even the least bit satisfying when you analyze how little threat there is, it's just a formality.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
""kotor1 AND kotor2 = SAME SHIT"
"

Are u retarted? :decline:

SoupNazi

Pablosdog said:
At least Kotor 2 had some measure of moral ambiguity

HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

Both KOTORs were equally shit/goodforwhatitwas/great story/character/atmosphere/combat wise, except KOTOR2 was also a bugriddenunfinishedpieceofturd/grimdarkadventure.

Tails

Arbiter
Volourn said:
""kotor1 AND kotor2 = SAME SHIT"
"

Are u retarted? :decline:
Oh my, you are so edgy. Anyway, let's see:
Volourn said:
"I'm bias; but I don't care. This is my third favorite crpg of all time. Period."
:thumbsup:

Glyphwright

But KOTOR2 should be condemned more loudly, as it is notable as another step in the dumbing down of RPG difficulty.
One of the most moronic statements I've ever seen. I guess PS:T and Arcanum are paragons of combat difficulty, along with every other "elite" RPG that comes to mind.

I said the story was better. It's just still a bad story
KotOR2 has an awesome story with awesome characters and an awesome game world. It's a story about a Jedi who went to war and made a decision that cost him his Force and his ties to the Jedi. A decision that had its origins in something much greater and only loosely explained in the game, its repercussions happened to spawn an entire sect of Force-users bent on devouring all remaining Jedi and anyone who happens to be on the same planet as them. Most every party member in the series is somehow affected by the series of wars which wrecked the Republic and decimated the Order, each in his personal way. Visas is a genocide survivor. Kreia bears indirect responsibility for training every major villain we've seen in both games. This is good stuff.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"At least Kotor 2 had some measure of moral ambiguity"

:what:

"Oh my, you are so edgy. Anyway, let's see: "

Didn't claim it was the best BIO game ever, did I? :M

Plus, times change, and it's all about perception. KOTOR is overrated, and it was overrated by me. Yes, I'ma Codexian and human. Even I go nutz when new games come out.

It's called the test of time. Games like NWN, BG2, and FO have succeeded the test. KOTOR has failed.

But, I give you kudos for finding my past embarassment. I take back my retarted comment... this time. :thumbsup:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Glyphwright said:
KotOR2 has an awesome story with awesome characters and an awesome game world. It's a story about a Jedi who went to war and made a decision that cost him his Force and his ties to the Jedi was told to look for 4 Jedi Masters which is deeper than looking for 4 pieces of a map... This is good stuff.
Fixed.

cogar48

Educated
Vault Dweller said:
Glyphwright said:
KotOR2 has an awesome story with awesome characters and an awesome game world. It's a story about a Jedi who went to war and made a decision that cost him his Force and his ties to the Jedi was told to look for 4 Jedi Masters which is deeper than looking for 4 pieces of a map... This is good stuff.
Fixed.

:retarded: You're fucking retarded. :retarded:

>Implying the backstory is the same as the main mission.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom