Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake from Saber Interactive

Vyvian

Educated
If there is a god in Heaven this will never see the light of day.

scytheavatar

Scholar
Reading between the lines it seems Schreier himself doesn't really believe the game is coming out. The main problem is that as Jeff Grubb said, who is going to pay to finish the game? Lucasfilm doesn't want to, Sony has pulled out, Embracer is broke and near bankrupcy. Other parties like Microsoft have the common sense to stay a mile from the mess since day one.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Disney games boss acknowledges 'a lot of demand' for Knights of the Old Republic remake, giving me my first spark of hope for the project in ages

https://www.pcgamer.com/disney-game...-first-spark-of-hope-for-the-project-in-ages/
Disney head of gaming Sean Shoptaw was asked about the status of the KOTOR remake, to which he responded that there's "Not a lot I can say on that point for some hopefully obvious reasons," but went on to say that KOTOR is "obviously an incredibly popular game, one that we are incredibly proud of and think that there's still a lot of demand for. I'll leave it there."

Black_Willow

Arcane
Disney games boss acknowledges 'a lot of demand' for Knights of the Old Republic remake, giving me my first spark of hope for the project in ages

https://www.pcgamer.com/disney-game...-first-spark-of-hope-for-the-project-in-ages/
Disney head of gaming Sean Shoptaw was asked about the status of the KOTOR remake, to which he responded that there's "Not a lot I can say on that point for some hopefully obvious reasons," but went on to say that KOTOR is "obviously an incredibly popular game, one that we are incredibly proud of and think that there's still a lot of demand for. I'll leave it there."
Ok Late Boomer

Dodo1610

Arcane
They also announced a Jurassic Park Survival a horror game. These Russians seem to like making lincense games.

Ryzer

Arcane
It will be one hell of a disaster if it ever releases at all.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Who the fuck was willing to pay 500 mill for Saber after living through the last 5 years?
The previous owners of Saber who sold it for 525 four years prior.
Saber grew big in the last couple of years. It counted 500 employees 3 years ago, now they're at 3500, having opened a ton of offices around the globe and are now busy with 40+ different projects.
For comparison, in the same timeframe, Swen opened one office and released one game. Bethesda released one turd and was purchased for 7.5 billion.

Still think it's a bad business decision?

Cologno

Educated
Uh yeah, generally you don't sell shit at a loss. That they did implies Embracer need liquidity RIGHT NOW. It was a bad business decision to buy Sabreto begin with.

Who the fuck was willing to pay 500 mill for Saber after living through the last 5 years?
Saber grew big in the last couple of years. It counted 500 employees 3 years ago, now they're at 3500, having opened a ton of offices around the globe and are now busy with 40+ different projects.
For comparison, in the same timeframe, Swen opened one office and released one game. Bethesda released one turd and was purchased for 7.5 billion.

This sounds to me they are literally buying fiscal obligations.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Embracer divested Saber Interactive, but they're still involved with this:

scytheavatar

Scholar

Whomever that brought Saber got ripped off bad and are fucked. It seems to me that Saber is mostly a support studio. With the crash of the gaming industry and inevitable decline in the amount of games being produced studios like Saber are at the biggest risk of being in big trouble when their services are no longer needed. It seems to me that whomever that is buying Saber is buying them solely for Space Marines 2 and nothing else. I still think this KOTOR remake will never be released but if they did buy Saber for it too then LOL.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
With the crash of the gaming industry
What crash? Gee, I wish someone had told the investors.
Microsoft is ATH. EA and TakeTwo are business as usual.

00045ba911a582c8b33633c33b27a97a.png

bcd35ba67a76929c1b57083ca57ef96e.png

scytheavatar

Scholar
With the crash of the gaming industry
What crash? Gee, I wish someone had told the investors.
Microsoft is ATH. EA and TakeTwo are business as usual.

Business as usual except all the layoffs happening in the industry? The gaming industry is producing too many games because of pandemic madness and the amount has to be reduced. This means a lot of trash tier games will have to be shoveled into the grave, and studios like Saber have been producing a lot of those games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom